1. Hey everyone.

I'm not much of an insane main, and i think it's a really great gamemode. However, there's just one reason I don't play it; chest loot.

Blocks-

On most of the newer maps, you most of the time require atleast 15 blocks to get to middle (with jumping), and this can be infuriating when you only receive 8 blocks from all your starter chests. There are alternatives, like mining the landscape for dirt or other blocks, but getting to middle fast is essential, and when you don't have blocks to do so quickly, you lose out on the game.

Sharpness 1 stone-

Sharpness 1 stone is incredibly weak in insane. It is especially infuriating when you do not obtain a chestplate after looting all your chests and still have a sharp 1 stone, which leaves you at a significant disadvantage for the game. I would recommend removing sharpness 1 stone swords entirely, as those who receive them in their island chests are left dealing a mere amount of damage compared to a sharpness 1 diamond - a lost fight.

thanks for reading please rebalance insane chests its been this way since the beginning of time

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Helper Lapis Helper Lapis x 1
  2. xMacJ

xMacJ Active Member

xMac
    MVP+
    TeamXesc TX
    Guild Master
    Simple answer; use a kit with blocks, or the kit with sharp 1.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. By doing that, you sacrifice your option of picking a kit that gives you an advantage, such as armorer, farmer, etc..

Losing/Winning condition shouldn't be based on what kit you pick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Yea its really annoying when you only get 8 blocks. The minimum should be atleast 16

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Amaaaan

Amaaaan Member

Amaaan
    MVP+
    I mean I somewhat agree but you most of the time receive a pick axe in starter chests. So mining to get a few extra blocks shouldn’t be that much of an issue xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Noone has time to mine some blocks. You need to get to mid fast

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Easiest helper lapis in the history of the forums

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I also feel like they should take away the chance of you only getting a chestplate and leggings

9. Yup, already had suggested it before but didn't get implemented :/
    Maybe there's a reason which isn't clear to me haha xD

10. Skywars is a fast-paced game, no one have time for mining ;)

11. do you play skywars

12. Not a big problem for me.

13. I don't think it is for anyone, it's just annoying when you don't get enough blocks / stone sword sh1 / no chestplate,

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ez helper lapis.

15. Amaaaan

Amaaaan Member

Amaaan
    MVP+
    Yeah I play skywars a lot. I’m just saying lol there’s always another option .

16. Amaaaan

Amaaaan Member

Amaaan
    MVP+
    I get ya fair enough. Was just saying there’s always an option

17. CasualJoel

CasualJoel Member

The swords are so easy to fix, just make it more like normal. Infact, just make it more like normal except with better loot! None of this no-pants-at-middle nonsense!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. xMacJ

xMacJ Active Member

xMac
    MVP+
    TeamXesc TX
    Guild Master
    Kits don't matter the second you get to mid first, and using the specified kits does that.

19. I disagree. Mid gear is randomized and you do not get optimal gear every time you rush middle, no matter how many chests you loot. Kits can matter alot in middle-endgame. From giving extra gear to enderpearls, kits can fill the gap where RNG mid gear fails.

20. idootmc

idootmc Well-Known Member

idoot
    MVP+
    blafy BLAFY
    Guild Master
    I usually go enderman in insane mode, and if I don't have gear, I mine iron and diamonds from my island. It doesn't take much time, and usually I don't lose due to bad gear. If you play safe you can still win most of the time. The new maps have like 6 iron per island, so it should supply the missing armor piece pretty well.