1. ----
    So, as we all know, there is a mode in Murder Mystery called "Assassins."
    Assassins.png

The game is very simple:
    • The game starts of with 16 players. All of the players are nicked with very simple names including Josh, Eli, and Bruce. Each name also as a matching skin to go with it. All the names and skins are the same for each and every game.
    • When the game starts, everyone gets a knife which you can throw. You also get a map that shows your target. This is the person you need to get rid of. Remember, you have an assassin too. If your assassin is close to you, your screen will turn red and a heartbeat will be seen at the bottom of your screen. You can kill your assassin if you can guess correctly.
    • If you try to kill anyone other than your target or assassin, your knife will be taken, and you'll get slowness. This doesn't go on forever of course, the effects will be gone in 10 seconds or so. Just make sure to not hit people by accident.
    • If you're one of the last 2 people to be alive, congratulations, you win! The leaderboard shows the two winners. The 1st Winner has the most kills, and the 2nd Winner will have the least. It'll also the the person who had the most kills, but had died later in the game.
    ----
    I only started playing this game because @Trihard-Legion had posted about it many times in the forums.
    And I have to say, this game is super fun.
    But I have a little problem...
    Not many people play it.
    It's not like it's dead or anything, but it's not as well-known as most games.
    But why?
    It's a great game, and I think it deserves more recognition.
    Let me give a few reasons why...
    ----

1. It's Exciting
    Unlike Classic, your always on your toes. Your assassin could be right there, and maybe you passed your target by accident. You usually have to dodge knife throws coming at you, and you need to keep your eyes peeled for your target. It has more thrill than the rest. Classic gets boring if the murderer isn't doing anything, but in Assassins, technically everyones murderer. Infection is more of a bow skill game, same for Showdown. It just really gets your heart rate up.

2. Less Toxicity
    Since everyone is nicked, nobody really can say mean things to you because nobody knows who anyone is. Let's say someone is salty after being killed by someone, then they join a new game after the other one is over. They have no clue who that person was! They can't say much can they? Sure, someone can say something mean to your nick, but they can't keep going after a new game.

3. Skill Is Actually Needed
    Classic isn't meant to be all skill. It does have some skill involved, but not a lot. Assassins on the other hand is mostly skill. Your knife throws, your knowledge of where your target/assassin is, and much more. I know this is the same for Infection and Showdown, but that's different. Honestly Showdown should just be put in duels, and Infection is popular enough.

4. It's A Great Idea
    Seriously, the gameplay and concept is amazing. I need to know who came up with this idea, and ask for an autograph. There isn't much I can say here since it's my opinion. But yeah. o_O
    ----
    Anyway, those are my reasons. If you disagree or can think of any other reason, put it in the reply section.
    Thanks for
    reading!
    ----
    (I am not trying to diss any other Murder Mystery modes. They are all great in their own ways.)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jet711

Jet711 Well-Known Member

Jet711
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Private
    The problem isn't the game itself, but the fact that there really isn't anyone to challenge you. I mean, I personally play for the quests and it's pretty easy when you know what you're doing, usually get it done in one or two games.

A possible solution I'd suggest is increasing the amount of kills needed for the daily quest so that people play longer, but increase the amount of coins earned and exp earned so people could see that by playing assassins, they could get some really good rewards fast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do you mean, "challenge"? Like, it's not hard?

4. Jet711

Jet711 Well-Known Member

Jet711
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Private
    I mean that most players aren't really tryhardy. I've run into DestructiveDonut once during a game, and he really made it challenging for me. But there's just not that big of a competitive scene in Assassins, and it's a little harder for new players to pick up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, if more people payed more attention to it, maybe more people would understand and more people would become "tryhardy".

6. Assassins is also the only MM gamemode that isn't "team-based," which throws a lot of people off the gamemode to begin with. I'd imagine playing with your friends in the gamemode becomes either toxic for the people who die a lot and fun for the people who win. Although the concept of the game is nice, the actual gameplay can throw players off as well. Bows in half the time, everyone can throw knives, your map reveals players earlier.
    Also, I find that Assassins and Showdown are almost equal playing fields in terms of skill. The only major difference is the fact that you're on teams. They're gamemodes that are fun to play and easy to learn, and hard to master. Excitement of the game is also highly subjective. I could find being the last survivor in Infection exciting, as everyone tries to stab me.

Showdown and Infection literally require you to dodge ARROWS, which, in my opinion is much harder than dodging a knife throw. You can also shoot the thrown knife to break it so you don't die.

Duels? I don't even understand the fact that there are team games in DUELS. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Showdown probably should be kept in the Prototype Lobby.

You'd be surprised how well you can melee in Showdown. It's more 50/50 with bows and knives than just bow skill in my opinion, and I've played Showdown a lot.

7. Trihard-Legion

Trihard-Legion Well-Known Member

PlsDontTrustMe
    MVP+
    Casuals just can't handle Assassins

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I play a lot of assassins and I like it. It is sad to see only the minority is interested in that type of games.

9. Yeah. It really is sad. :(

10. Your first statement says you have to dodge arrows in Infection and Showdown which is true. But as I said in my thread, I wasn't talking about those two games. Infection has a fairly decent amount of players anyways, and Showdown just doesn't have the same vibe as the three other MM modes.

Your second statement says it makes no sense that team games are in Duels and Showdown should be put in prototype. I disagree. Since there are team games in duels anyways, might as well just put it there where it best fits.

Finally your last statement says that Showdown is 50/50 Bows and Knifes. This might be true, as I haven't played much Showdown as you have. But is it ALL knifes? Nope.

11. I would want tiered achievements and make them retroactive

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ethbar

Ethbar Active Member

Ethbar
    MVP++
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Private
    I personally love the gamemode! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. That would help boost the player activity.

14. You make many excellent points! Though personally for the few times I tried it it just didn't hook me. Likely because of the lack of teammates, for me that's what I enjoy about MM, so Assassins just doesn't quite do it for me. I hope your post draws some more players into it though!

15. BigChungus

BigChungus Active Member

I only play for the quests occasionally, and it's easier to go afk in normal than assassins.

16. Trihard-Legion

PlsDontTrustMe
    MVP+
    Who in their right mind AFKs in Assassins?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I quoted part of your thread for a reason. Knives are slow and much easier to predict than bow shots. I find dodging arrow shots to be much more harder and fun than dodging knife throws. As I said, I think Showdown should be moved to the Prototype lobby as it's still in Beta and doesn't really involve the "Mystery" part of MM.

I don't understand why team games are even in Duels in the first place. They're called duels for a reason...

Assassins isn't all knives either. Majority of the gameplay is stabbing and throwing knives just as Showdown is the opposite. I find that Showdown and Assassins are almost complete opposites.

Another key point which no one has really touched on is ping. Assassins, as it's heavily melee based, can be hard for players like me that have a distinct ping disadvantage. This fact discourages a whole lot of people playing Assassins, as well as all the other PVP heavy games on Hypixel. MM is one of the few games that doesn't require a whole lot of "skill" to win, which is mainly why it's still so preferred among other games.

18. Oh my goodness, you literally just said the exact same arguments in your first reply.
    First argument: I SAID I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THOSE TWO GAMES! :mad:

Second argument: Showdown should be in duels because there are team games, deal with it.

Third argument: You just said Assassins isn't all knifes, then said its all 'stabbing and throwing'. THAT'S ALL KNIFES! :eek:

Then you talked about ping which is a fair reason, but that doesn't distract from the gameplay that much. They can hide, or just get out of peoples way if they have bad ping. It's not all fighting.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Trihard-Legion

PlsDontTrustMe
    MVP+
    *insert ninja screaming "tf you say to me" here*

20. I never said that was suggested! I don't like it when people hide either. It's just if they have bad ping, that might be their only option. o_O
    No need for the ugly dislike.