1. There are so many new amazing features, and they don't let anyone use them because Hypixel is pandering to the one minecraft player who hasn't realised that minecraft updated past 1.8. If they want to do that, why don't they go all the way back to alpha 1.0.15, since I'm sure that there is at least one player still there.

I know that some people are going to mention the new combat system, but the new system is simple and easy. It's only slightly more complicated than the old button mashing system. Also, they can probably use plugins to disable it anyway.

• Disagree x 29
    • Agree x 6
    • Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  2. antiflump

antiflump New Member

antiflump
    Well, shields are broken so let's so how the new combat system works when it comes out. Elytras would be cool, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Honestly, I made this thread because I want an Elytra in skyblock.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1.8 is the best version for pvp, and since many hypixel minigames revolve around pvp, there's no reason to change the whole server to 1.8 and above. The new combat system just doesn't do well with the minigames

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. why bother making this thread when you know it will do nothing expect start a flame war?
    YOU HAVE AN ITEM THAT GIVES YOU FLY WTF

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. yea imagine making mods for 1.9+ no thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The elytra is awsome. Also, I want some more blocks in housing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. the reason it's 1.8 is because of PvP, but then again, you could still have 1.8 pvp mechanics on higher versions...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ok i am now convinced you are just a troll lol

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The 1.9 system is panned because of the cooldown system that makes combos impossible. Whoever gets first hit wins if you have equal gear. Also, you can play on 1.14 so get over it.

11. what's wrong with housing?

12. 666

666 Well-Known Member

Saika
    MVP+
    GARNF GARNF
    Officer
  13. Since you can play on 1.14, it means that they have plugins to recreate the 1.8 combat in later versions, so we don't need 1.8 anymore.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. Everybody likes 1.8; just do some searching. There is absolutely no support, other than from 1-message new members, to switch to 1.14 and we don't listen to them because..

well they're everywhere
    they're surrounding us
    they're hunting us.....

we must hide from the 1msg nons.

15. Bakura1

Bakura1 Well-Known Member

Bakura1
    MVP+
    ArtOfWar ART0W
    OFFICER
    Please just go away. There is no use responding to this because I am just going to un-watch this thread of idiocy. Please just go and gain some sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. So... You want the network to update to 1.14 just so you can have an elytra in SkyBlock
    giphy (8).gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. There is a number of reasons that the hypixel network, and therefore skyblock is still in 1.8. Even if it were to be updated to a higher version, Elytras would likely still be disabled due to how taxing it is on the servers, which are still only barely keeping up. And as stated above, combat mechanics would be affected. Even if combos could still be possible with the use of plugins, it other pvp mechanics such as block-hitting would be impossible. There is a number of other reasons, and these are only a few of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. More than 53% of active players use 1.8. Simon @ Hypixel confirmed this himself. So updating will actually kill the server.

19. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

1.8 is the best version.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Any feature in 1.9-1.14.4 could easily be coded by the staff team. The reason why they haven’t added most of it is because they don’t have a use for it yet.

• Disagree Disagree x 2