3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Zyluki

Zyluki Active Member

Zyluki
    MVP+
    Exonerate EXON
    So basically, the 1.9 update came out and it was an excellent update
    But not the PvP aspect, it went to garbage and lowered the skill level.

In this thread, I will be naming common arguments against 1.8 and favoring 1.9 and I'll be disagreeing and disputing them.

1.8 PvP is about spamclicking
    1.8 PvP is apparently all about spam clicking, but that is not the case. You really don't need to have 15 cps to dominate you enemy. Just look at someone like Technoblade(ik he's not that good, but he's pretty decent), he clicks at 6 cps and is able to 4v1. There are more aspects to PvP, like rodding or strafiing.

1.8 PvP is about ping
    1.9 PvP is more about ping than 1.8

On 1.8, low and high pings have both disadvantages and advantages, with high ping you take delayed knocback and you have a similar effect to speed 2.
    With low ping, you take slightly less knocback and your hits will register first.

While on 1.9, knocback doesn't matter because the PvP is so slow, so the only advantages are the hits. You hit your enemy slightly first with low ping, causing high ping to die first from the final blow.

1.9 PvP is more strategic
    No. Slower doesn't mean strategic. The only strategy is having a small grasp on aiming, hoping you have the lower ping, hoping you have more gear, or hoping your enemy has no idea what aiming is

1.8 PvP, on the other hand, has fast aiming, rodding, strafing, and more depending on the mode

And shields in 1.9+ are way to OP, they make you take 0 damage and add almost nothing to the game

And once again, using a shield is slightly faster for lower ping players

1.8 is all about having gear
    On 1.8, with a significant enough skill gap, a guy can beat someone else with double his skill

The only time this can happen on 1.9 is if the higher gear person is either not competent or is afk because of how easy it is to deflect hits and aim at your enemy

I currently can't think of any other arguments, so comment any I missed or any that favors 1.9

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. What did we learn?

1.8 PvP is better.

3. The only way I can see 1.9 PvP being beneficial is in survival mode, but yea I agree that 1.8 is much better for pvp on servers like you said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Except you forgot to mention one thing.

1.8 is holding us back. We literally haven’t gotten any decent updates.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. The combats better but we should update games like build battle and housing to 1.13

6. 10Pi

10Pi Well-Known Member

ExoticButterssss
    MVP+
    Meanwhile, Mojang is promising to reverse the combat mechanic

7. Why do players confuse 1.9 with cooldowns? ;-;

I know that's the default setting, but still. (I support 1.13 with no cooldowns.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zyluki

Zyluki Active Member

Zyluki
    MVP+
    Exonerate EXON
    It is holding us back from some of the cool items in 1.13

Blame Mojang for not adding a command to make it so you can go back to 1.8 pvp

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mc player base split in half when 1.9 came out. Rip 60k players online all the time.

10. Zyluki

Zyluki Active Member

Zyluki
    MVP+
    Exonerate EXON
    That would split up the 1.8 and 1.13 communities on build battle and housing, which is why hypixel doesn't want

11. Nah im saying make it so you can only join in 1.13

12. Neverium

Neverium Member

Though I do agree with you, I personal think that some of PvP ideas from 1.9 are neat (i.e, poisoned arrows).

13. BulbJake

BulbJake Well-Known Member

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    I prefer 1.8/1.7 pvp on servers and 1.9+ pvp for survival. I can agree with you that 1.8 pvp is better

14. Zyluki

Zyluki Active Member

Zyluki
    MVP+
    Exonerate EXON
    That would split up the communities because most people don't want to switch to and from 1.13 just to play 2 games

15. BulbJake

BulbJake Well-Known Member

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    I really hope they don’t update housing to 1.13 cus I play housing occasionally and I don’t use 1.9+ cus the combat is sh*t lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's how 1.8 got popular with Warlords and TKR when 1.7 and 1.8 were a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crashstash5

Crashstash5 Well-Known Member

Crash5
    I mean, the skill in 1.8 and 1.9 is very different. I wouldnt say 1.9 has that much lower of skill, at least to the extent people think.

You also ironically outed yourself- higher ping is more ideal than lower ping in 1.9 because of how prevalent crit strings are. Because there arent rods and secondary usage is restricted, getting multiple crits became a dominant strategy, and because players with higher ping take knockback later, the threat of them jumping in and going for crits is even greater, and its a lot harder to stop them during a crit string combo.

1.8 overall I would say does have more skill because secondaries are WAY more important and prevalent, but 1.9 isnt as far back as people assume.

18. You can still keep the old PvP in 1.13, which would actually be fair to the newer version players as no one would be able to block-hit.

19. A
    And how is it old pvp if you cannot blockhit?

20. They aren't reversing the changes, and they never said they would. They are creating a third, entirely new system for combat. The community manager said it will be something we haven't seen before in Minecraft, so it won't be 1.9 combat and it won't be old combat.

• Agree Agree x 2