1. MatttNUT

MatttNUT Well-Known Member

@Jayavarmen I know you saw a lot of people playing brawl, but I honestly don't think that was it, I think it was the fact that we saw hope for the community, sure the new gamemodes could effect it, but I think that you did more effect than anything, the fact that there was an admin that was on the forums testing stuff, responding to stuff and giving the community hope. I understand you're a busy man and you are working on stuff but you haven't really said anything on the forums besides the update thread, but the past week UHC has been at the lowest amount of players that is has been at since you originally introduced the possibility of the new uhc update being a community update. I think that the community needed to see hope and a future for the game not just a check up everyone couple months.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. As a community update of sorts I kind of expected more, I really want to make a UHC DM map but IDK if it's worth the time since they're so picky with maps that even if I make a great one IDK if it would get even looked at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. There's something called DMs, you don't need to make a thread of everything.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Aysuh

Aysuh Well-Known Member

asachaan
    MVP++
    Offensive OFN
    Owner
    the fact that THIS is the post you made titled “where jaya messed up” as if catering to high stars that barely play anymore when it comes to the update isn’t the slightest bit of a mess up? he’s trying to do good to uhc btw reviving it, but making it so a strategy is removed (obby trapping) is not the move.

i believe noah used the quote “no strategy should guarantee a kill” but what he’s trying to do is is bend uhc towards his own play style.

in my opinion, THAT’s where jaya messed up.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. these threads are just... *speechless*

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tbh just because he’s not saying much doesn’t mean work on the update has come to a stop. I’d rather wait for an update instead of it being rushed so let’s just give him some time

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. betterUHC

betterUHC Member

better
    MVP++
    I agree, obby trapping is apart of the game, and just because it doesn't fit most people's play styles, does not mean it should be removed as an option for player's who aren't as good at snowballing as others.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  8. clickbaiting on the forums omegalul

9. MatttNUT

yea but that's not what I said. I didn't say i dont think the update is coming i just said that him being more active on the forums would be beneficial

10. My actions on the forums have very little impact on the community and playercount.
    The vast majority of players don't use forums, they just play alone or with friends and try to have fun.
    Forums are for "elite community members", players who are very invested and interested in the game or the community aspect.

Brawl was not popular because of score or because of forums communication.
    It was popular because for 70% of the players, that's the first time in a while they really had fun.
    For a lot of veterans who voice their opinions, the game became a science, there is a clear path to victory and it requires deep understanding of the game and extremely high efficiency.
    Players can get multiple diamond pieces very fast and sharpness 3 swords by the time casual players have full iron.
    There is no such thing as a fair fight for a casual player.

And then there is this mode where everyone has a chance. Short queue time, action happens a lot sooner and the gear is balanced from a player to another. Actually paradise for most players. The Fortnite version of UHC.
    I know you guys strongly believe the mode was ruining UHC, but for the silent majority of the players, it was the opposite.

Every game on the network acts as a filter. Players go in, some stay and some go through. They stay if they really like that gameplay, and they go through if they don't enjoy it. After months and months, the % of players who really like that gameplay is getting higher and higher.
    Right now UHC reached the point where most of the very active players only like that gameplay, a big change in the game (even if for the best) would completely ruin the experience for them, because the current gameplay is exactly what they like.

Now, we have this situation where the core players want the game to stay that way, a complex science that takes a lot of effort to learn, and a lot of skill to master.
    And we have a massive load of potential players who go through the filter because of that.

I asked on discord if we should try to make the game a little bit more casual. 4 thumbs up and 49 down.
    I ask if at least we could give stone tools by default. 16 thumbs up, 48 thumbs down, 6 L's, some "you tried" and oof.
    I know you guys are memeing and I'm also having fun, but game design wise I'm torn appart.
    It might sound shocking, but I probably have more experience in game design than most of you guys, it's my job :p

It's wrong to say that, but you guys opinion value more to me than regular players. You love the game and it pains me when I read people saying they can't play their favorite game.
    The truth is, if I had complete freedom, I would make UHC a much more casual environment, and it would work.
    I'm not doing it because I would feel like betraying the community.
    We should still take steps in that direction, and I think small steps would have very little impact at this point.

That said, we are releasing a new UHC/Duels mode today, that a lot of people have been expecting for a while. Progress!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like x 21
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Mod Emerald x 1
  11. The new mode is amazingg

12. Mkrlv2

Mkrlv2 Well-Known Member

MKRL
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    There is no such thing as a fair fight for a casual player.
    This is true for all skill based games. Smash, fort, ow, league, hell even chess nearly always are in favor of the better player. I understand you want to even the playing field a bit, but to me the competitive drive of uhc is what makes it so great. And the community has progressed. The so called “casual player” now has a s3, just 10 minutes late. And players who come back to chill and see uhc can still do well why playing casually. You can play casually with high game sense and still win lots. In my opinion I feel you are mixing up casualness with skill gap, and I honestly believe that the skill players have acquired after 5 years should be kept as a main factor. When I was a 2 star, I got destroyed, looking around at 8 and 9 star like doublekey shady and speedy. Now here at almost 11 star its really paid off, because playing, regardless if a player recognizes it or not, makes them better over time. The game should remain a “complex science”. The way you see it, it’s a hassle for a 2 star, a daunting task. But to us, it’s a task we all overcame, a class we all took and learned a few lessons in. Jaya, I know you know game design, but I feel that the community may know the community slightly better, and that the science of hypixel uhc should remain so. It’s a main factor of why hypixels take has remained widely popular.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Thank you!

14. MatttNUT

Idk I feel like your forums/discord activity has more impact then you might think. Just having that authority figure that can actually listen and hear our thoughts is better for the community and having the feeling that the game is not just gonna die out.

(also you should take a look at my mega skywars thread cuz we want mega back ty)

15. there arent any games that are truly hard to master like hypixel uhc and thats what makes it the best game for me

16. togleXD

togleXD Well-Known Member

togleXD
    MVP+
    he replies ti this but not mega sw thread

)*;

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Those games are fair. The moment you get to play against another player, both sides have the same advantages.
    In UHC, when a new player gets to fight an enemy for the first time, how many times can he beat them, even if they are better at pvp?
    This isn't a casual player though, this is already a player who accepted that was the gameplay, and is fine with it.
    We are saying the exact same thing.
    You started playing UHC and liked that gameplay, you didn't go through the "filter". The problem is that this filter went from retaining 10% players to 1%.
    Right now, over 100 new players, how many are thinking "this is a game for me, I'm going to have fun at some point."

I personally played UHC a lot back in the days, it was by far my favorite game.
    If I started playing now I would just quit after a couple games. I know that because the last few games I played were not fun for me at all.
    I'm a lazy gamer, I don't want to invest a lot of effort to have fun.
    Back then I would take 10 minutes to get my iron gear, arrows and couple other items. That's all I needed. That wasn't just me, we all did this, Pr0lin3, mitsuki etc. When playing together we would get the minimum and go fight as soon as possible, because that's what the game was about. Fighting, live strategy, snowballing, which items to craft after fights. Now there is another layer to the game, how much ahead you are before the fights even start.

The grace period went from low effort to high effort.
    Players who enjoy the current UHC gameplay are completely fine with it, but how many players want to invest a lot of effort to have fun? Not many.

I'm not saying the current gameplay is bad, I understand why you like it. I'm just saying you are the 1%.
    Fortnite would be extremely unpopular if there was a 10 minutes grace period, and if the best players could come out of it with 5 times more heath and damage. The game is popular because it's very low effort. The "filter" is letting a lot less players go through.
    edit: Note that low effort does not mean less skills required. You can have the same gear and still completely outplay your opponents.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Mkrlv2

Mkrlv2 Well-Known Member

MKRL
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    My main point is that the meta evolved to make winning more common if you try during grace, ie; Noah making s3 the meta in solo. And while it may make it more difficult for the new player, it’s integral to the game now, and I don’t think that changing the meta to make it easier for new players who move on anyways most of the time is the best idea.
    I do understand what you mean:

My first experiences with the game were this, everyone clean iron, I got kills going leather kit mining and smelting full iron. But I feel like an encompassing guide of the guide would be emensely helpful. Here’s my suggestion. Get some of the current content creators to make a HUGE guide on all of uhc, every strat etc. I already have a few done, and if it hit every channel (palikka, tight, flanke, wisp, fruit, kayzee, speed, etc.) with their favorite strats and then hypixel pushes it to players along with an update, it could have an amazing outcome for new players. I just don’t feel like taking the skill level down is the right option to bring new players. I know you say it won’t take away skill, but strategic quick mining, like s3 drag before pvp, is skill based. You said it’s not skill orientated, however you also admired you got iron as did others because of laziness. It’s not that skill has become more important in mining, we’ve just gotten more effective. And mining is still the casual part of the game, nobody is sweating, it’s just the chill iron rush is now a chill s3 rush. That part of the game is still the talk about school work and other parts of life ;) (the parts that the 13 year olds lie about). Well, except when you giga with ryanhoppy. That man needs to learn to be calm lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Aysuh

Aysuh Well-Known Member

asachaan
    MVP++
    Offensive OFN
    Owner
    After watching this video I think they should push videos about strats, showing people how to play, etc
    ALONG with recommended mods/packs like batty's coords, bighead, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sharp 3 and eating heads shouldn't be the only way to play the game, for players to have 1,700 heads eaten and 1,800 kills is ridiculous and completely not how the game should be, eating heads for speed and dropping new players in 7 hits or so.