18. Hustwood

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aSpace

aSpace New Member

aSpace
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I was just wondering what everyone's favorite solo Quake maps were. (If I forgot a map, please let me know)

• Like Like x 5
  2. How many should we choose? :cool:

My top 6 are: Cold_War, Digsite2, Martian, Town, Apex II, Lost_World :) Edit: actually, I think it would be a 3-way tie between Lost_World/Sunken/Karunesh

You should add Martian, Demonic, and Mines ;)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Goge

Goge Well-Known Member

Gogeta
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    Lost_World, Cold_War, Forgotten, Apex.

4. Kenoah

Kenoah Active Member

Kenoah
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    As said before, you forgot Martian, Mines and Demonic, I'd also add deleted maps: Hustwood, Woodstone and Library. =)

Cause my fav maps are:
    #1 FORGOTTEN
    #2 Mines and Apex and ApexII
    #3 Library, Sero, Karunesh

edit: oh man you forgot Forgotten too! :eek: (no bad pun plz xd)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Poof

Poof Active Member

c_n
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I’ll make a list from top maps to *ew* maps!
    1) Hustwood | The first map I’ve ever played and won!
    10/10

2) Woodstone | Also one of the first map I’ve ever played! It was my all time best looking map so far! I’ve always loved it. Also had a ton of wins on it!
    10/10

3) Forgotten | The map I got the most wins on especially in Quake 1.0
    9.5/10

4) Apex II | Probably the second best looking and most efficient map! Awesome middle even though it’s a little chaotic.
    9.5/10

5) Demonic | Crazy fast games and mostly easy wins and lots of fun!
    9.5/10

6) Martian | A very nicely made map; middle can get slightly chaotic. Very easy and fast kills too!
    9/10

7) Apex | The OG Apex, awesome middle but can get just a tiny bit dispersive.
    8.5/10

8) Fryst | I’m not a fan of ice maps but this map is really good! It’s a little bit dispersive but mid is super fun and you can kill everyone with a few dashes back and forth!
    8/10

9) Ancient | I got two godlikes in this map! It’s a very dispersive map though.
    8/10

10) Mines | Also a very fun map! Sneak attacks are really easy. Middle can get chaotic.
    8/10

*11) Sunken | I need to study this map more but I like how it’s made. (This position is just temporary, it may change).*

*12) Karunesh | I need to study this map more but I like how it’s made. (This position is just temporary, it may change).*

13) Cold_War | Mildly fun map however I hate the slippery ice and the “middle” can get very chaotic. Campers are everywhere.
    6.5/10

14) Lost_World | I’m fine with this map but the middle is super chaotic, campers everywhere and it’s very easy to die because everyone comes from every direction. It does look very boring.
    6.5/10

15) DigSite | it’s better than the new digsite2 however it’s such a chaotic map because it’s small and it’s really really easy to camp pretty much everywhere!
    5.5/10

16) DigSite2 | Not a fan of this; middle is chaotic and campers are likely and it’s very easy to get killed if trying to stay in the middle.
    5/10

17) Sero | Sero is a pretty dispersive map, the middle is chaotic, campers are likely, it’s very easy to die, plus it doesn’t look really good.
    4.5/10

18) Town | A total mess! I really don’t like this map, everyone can shot you at any time because it’s very flat ,and, you don’t have a pattern to follow to kill people, often you can get killed multiple times in the same spot because you spawn there.
    4.5/10

19) Faarah | I don’t know what to say - it’s a mess, it’s dispersive, campers are likely, spawnkills are likely, the middle section is a nightmare!
    4/10

20) Library | The most dispersive map ever created! Middle is awful, campers are likely, and, I want to make this clear, it takes YEARS to get to the middle! It’s just ugh! Games lasted a lot and it was boring.
    3/10

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Kenoah

Kenoah Active Member

Kenoah
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Library gets so much hate! >w<
    Well at least Forgotten is your #2. :3

7. Poof

Poof Active Member

c_n
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I knowwwww! I just hated how long it took to get to middle and how chaotic and easy to die and lose it was! I’ll also add a description to why I like them in that order so it makes it more clear c;

8. Kenoah

Kenoah Active Member

Kenoah
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Buuut the best part of Library wasn't the middle, it was the basement! It had like 5 or 6 spawnpoints and you could easily godlike once you knew all the corridors *-* aw I miss it ;-;
    Good idea, I'm curious to know why you like Martian and hate Sero! c:

9. Poof

Poof Active Member

c_n
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Added them x3.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kenoah

Kenoah Active Member

Kenoah
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    But half the map is useless x_x
    Besides this I kinda agree with your reviews, but I think Sero's mid can be controllable not too hardly, like it's easy to get killstreaks on it.

Also, you forgot Fryst!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Poof

Poof Active Member

c_n
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    WHOOPS ADDING IT NOW AHAH.

12. Me

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  13. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I would say my favorite is Woodstone. But I guess it’s gone. It will always be my favorite. My 2nd favorite is of course Forgotten. This map always brings memories. So as Woodstone. But Forgotten has some parts from woodstone :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Goge

Goge Well-Known Member

Gogeta
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    Oh dear you shouldn't have enabled multiple choices in the poll

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hellpest

Hellpest Well-Known Member

Hellpest
    VIP
    Rebel MEMBER
    This upsets me deeply.

Screenshot_2017-11-14-18-28-35.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Btw, you need woodstone in the poll. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Never played on Woodstone or Hustwood, so I have no idea what it feels like to play on them.

18. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    They are great maps xD But to this day, i don't know why they removed them. :(

19. Goge

Goge Well-Known Member

Gogeta
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    Hust was removed because it was way too glitchy, and Woods because it was a spawncamp fest.

20. Poof

Poof Active Member

c_n
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I LOVED THEM SO MUCH THO!
    I have a screenshot of me being a noob and saying “I’m stuck” on woodstone and it was hilarious.