1. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+
    [​IMG]
    Made this for someone for $7. Did I charge too much?

2. maybe i wouldve charged 5

3. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+
    Lol the render alone took me more than an hour

4. you asked i gave my answer

5. I mean, it could use some work.

6. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

i mean yeah

severely

7. No 7 dollars is good. People don't understand sometimes how hard gfx is. Not just that but if you think about minimum wage and gfx should cost like 30 bucks!

8. SoLike

SoLike Well-Known Member

SoLike
    MVP++
    MyGeeks GEEKS
    Officer
    I don't really know much about how to make these typa things, So I don't have an answer. But what I can say is that I like the design, and hope you can improve even more down the road!

9. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+
    Thanks

10. It's the quality that matters, there could be many improvements in this render.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I personally would go for 5 bucks. But try to add some special effects to make it more worth buying.
    I like the 3D-ness of the sword though ;)

12. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+

• Like Like x 1
  13. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

if i were a client i would give no shits about how much time it took to make a certain render or design or whatever. the only thing i care about is the product im getting and this thing is not even worth 7 dollars.
    first of all, its only a thumbnail, something you're gonna use once. not a banner, not an avatar. second of all, allow me to take a second to appreciate all the extruding/rendering mistakes this man did (quite cute considering his avatar looks great and has a jacket rig and everything but for this render he legit did not care about it, just a money grab)
    lets go:
    [​IMG]
    besides that, the face is completely emotionless, the pose looks like the guy is about to cut himself with the sword or vomit on it,
    the shadow below the legs looks cute except ITS JUST A DAMN SQUARE AND NOT AN ACTUAL SHADOW OF THE PERSON,
    and now as an epic lad that i am i put his thumbnail on an average youtube recommendation page, which is around 170x100 pixels
    [​IMG]
    how much stuff can you see? after its compressed we lose most of the quality, can barely see the actual title of the montage which is like the most important part and we basically cant read the 'mvp weeha has joined the game' which is quite a useless touch anyways considering he didnt even colour it in
    also pointed arrows at something that after compression will be completely unreadable
    i wouldnt pay 7 bucks for a minecraft thumbnail that looks like this

besides that, sorry if i seemed a bit harsh but the dude charged for it so i judged him like a professional and not like a person that does gfx for a hobby

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  14. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+
    Buddy no need to write a whole essay.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

alright ill put it shortly then:

in my eyes you're just a pathetic scammer.

16. BornYT

BornYT Member

Zedoh
    MVP+
    bitch lets see yours

17. Lol

18. what rig

19. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

20. Those artwork pieces are really nice. :)