1. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Hey all! (TLDR at the bottom)

There is a problem surrounding update suggestions across the community. Threads with many positive ratings often disappear overtime and so it's hard for members of the HPC and staff members to find these threads back and see what the opinions are within the community regarding future updates. Something that also sometimes leaves the community frustrated is the confusion around when updates will happen. Players have the feeling the HPC doesn't listen to the community that much and the HPC has already addressed this problem and has made clear they want to improve the interaction with the community in order to design overall desirable updates.

To solve the problems mentioned above and to improve interaction between HPC and community process even more, it would be viable to create a pinned thread regarding the upcoming updates. This thread would include in which months certain (scheduled) updates would take place in the upcoming year (or 6 months, but I think yearly is more realistic). For instance, twice a year, one major update and one balancing update afterwards. This would solve the confusion that players have around when updates will take place, would create hype close to certain updates, and would be a clear overview for everyone that has to be and wants to be involved in the process of updating the game. Suggestions for updates would be gathered in the comments and comments with high positive ratings could be easily found by the HPC and everyone (that is, not only prominent players) would have a say in what they'd like to see in the next update without getting ignored - as the thread would be pinned. This way, good ideas won't be gone on forums overtime (for instance, there are certain kit ideas, Blitz Star menu layout ideas and kit menu layout ideas with over 20/30 positive ratings that have kind of disappeared).

As a check on whether a suggestion might be viable and considerable, the suggestions that the HPC could take a look at have to include the answers to these questions:

- What is your suggestion?
    - Why should this suggestion be taken into consideration?
    - Are there any (minor) downsides to your suggestion and how do you plan on dealing with them/is your suggestion considerable even including these downsides?

After the updates announced in the thread have taken place (first the major one, secondly the balancing one), the thread would be unpinned and a new yearly thread for the next updates and their dates would be created and pinned. It is an easy way for the HPC to say: ¨We have looked at your suggestions, these are the ones we picked in collaboration with the community (ratings), all other suggestions given in this thread will not be used in updates as a result of a lack of animo across the community or other reasons we stand by¨.

Obviously, this idea has certain flaws. For example, the HPC has to meet certain dates as to when updates happen whereas they usually don't announce updates that far ahead. Also, the thread could (and probably would) be spammed with useless comments to an extent in which only 10% of the comments are actually useful. However, I still think the creation of this pinned thread would be a viable idea to get the HPC and the community closer together and improve the process of updating Blitz.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to point out flaws and downsides to this idea in the comments. :)

If you didn't:
    (TLDR: It is viable to create a yearly pinned thread regarding upcoming updates in which suggestions would be commented so that the HPC and staff can easily access the communities opinion by looking at the amount of positive ratings on comments.)
    Also, what do you guys think @SirHuntPredator @Mason

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. If only that would happen...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

UB10
    MVP++
    Gods Of Divinity GODS
    Officer
    Any post with let’s say, 40 likes/agrees should be put into a thread folder or whatever that is to see the best threads in that section. Would be easier on admins to check ideas too.

4. this is actually perfect, but blitz isn't there money maker, so the staff don't care

5. it actually is though, blitz and uhc always get the most sales for boosters on every sale.
    no idea how many people actually buy the holiday loot crates for skywars and bedwars but booster wise, those are the leading two games. I don't know why they give it so little attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. I love it, hope that this is taken into account by HPC.

7. Mega walls makes a ton of money too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cute things post about pink has that I think lol so change it to maybe 50-60

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

UB10
    MVP++
    Gods Of Divinity GODS
    Officer
    That was a legit suggestion though

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wait it was fuck

11. A good suggestion too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Me for HPC

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

UB10
    MVP++
    Gods Of Divinity GODS
    Officer
    I doubt that HPC is needed currently. It should just be reworked as a whole tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  14. you tryna 1v1?

15. DuckDuckDawg for HPC.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. I dont understand why the whole system is solely forum based tbh. Our forum community is near exclusively made up of people with high stats in this game. Not alot of variety. They should have more intwgration between in game and forums like announcements written in books and links.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Yes, definitely. More players should be involved.

18. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    This would be harder to implement and so less viable. Also, in order to produce realistic suggestions on how to improve the game, I personally feel like you need some sort of "benchmark" (generally speaking, of course there are exceptions) to start with statswise (say 5k kills). The majority of suggestions from newer people would be suggestions along the lines of "lower the costs of level X kits", "remove iron swords from kits", "remove blitz boosters as it's pay to win now". "Higher" than beginner stats cancel these suggestions out and make room for actual improvements. The forums are just the easiest way to communicate more complex suggestions, an in-game system would always be more impractical. Also, the community is so small that probably 30/40 percent of all (even slightly) consistent players are on the forums already (active ánd passive), which is quite a lot. Plus, I think the people that are só involved in the game that they want to make a public suggestion pretty much all have a forum account or know about the existence.

Announcements on further updates in-game (f.i. in a book, like you proposed), or links to forumpages where update info is given would help create slightly more room for the, probably, small amount of people that don't know about the forum's existence and functions, that I agree on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Imagine being 20 and still not knowing the difference between there/their/they're...
    I agree you would be better than / a great addition to the current blitz HPC but it won't happen.

20. oh I'm sorry my smartphone didn't do the job for me, not did I care, it's a gaming forum lmao.

your sentence is too long, which makes it a run on sentence. imagine.