1. So I was having a conversation with someone, and the topic of life came up. Well, she happened to not be so fortunate in the game of life, so she advised me to be careful, otherwise the universe would roll me up into a ball and spit me out at a moment's notice, because I wasn't exactly the brightest person. It was a pretty weird analogy, and I was taken aback by her brash observation, but I digress. The conversation continued, when suddenly, she sees someone that she recognizes. At least, I hope she did, because she shouted his name and did the "Take the L" dance from Fortnite. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. It was so cringy, and she looked a little stupid doing it.

After she finished, I could tell at that moment that she snapped. She went back to the conversation as if nothing happened, and told me, "Time flies and the years go by. It never stops flying by." All of a sudden, a police car arrives, and they stop on the curb and exit their vehicle. This day cannot get any weirder. They exit and exclaim that I look exactly like "the bank robber just now" and begin their chase. The girl tries to stop me, and hand me over to the cops. Let me preface this next statement by telling all of you to never run from the police, but as you can probably already tell, I took off running.

I was scared, dumb, and confused. In a way, however, it was also kind of fun. I was going to be apprehended anyway, even though I did nothing, but might as well enjoy life while I could. My brain could have thought through that logically and just not resisted, but my headstrong nature convinced me otherwise.

I then arrive at a crossroads. They are still pursuing me, and I need to decide which way to go. I choose the back route because there's a lot to do and see there, and I'll never know if I could escape if I don't go that way. It was also less sunny on that road, so I would never shine from the glowing rays of sun if I took the main road. I hide in the trees, out of breath. Fortunately, I lost them, because I run like an all-star track player. When it comes to running, I put on my game face and show up to play.

Next, I walk around a bit and find an abandoned shed. I break into it, trying to see if I can find anything that would help me, when I spot a guitar. It's an old electric Fender Stratocaster, and fortunately for me, I know how to play guitar. I pick it up, face outside the barn and play like I'm Jimi Hendrix putting on a show for everyone. The cops would never find me, and when you see a Fender Stratocaster, you have to play it. Suddenly, I notice a $5 bill inside of the guitar. I guess I'm getting paid for my performance or something. As I continued to jam out in this abandoned shed, something glittery catches the corner of my eye. I walk over, and find out it's a piece of gold. However, it was attached to something. As I involuntarily pull the string, the moldy ceiling caves in, and a giant shooting star Christmas decoration collapses on the barn.

After that thing hit me in the head, two things happened. One of them was me getting a concussion. The other thing that happened was that I realized something.

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
    I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
    She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
    In the shape of an "L" on her forehead

Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do, so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hey now, you're an all-star

3. dogo

dogo Well-Known Member

Get your game on, go play!