?

fix tournament rewards?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good day, everyone. A new skywars tournament has just been announced. I'd been reading the post and was completely fine with it, until i saw the rewards post. What is this?

Let me explain why this is a horrible idea.
    After level 12, skywars levels each require 10,000 XP to level up. As everyone knows, this takes an insane amount of time to get 1 level. Since the update dropped, I have gotten 10 skywars levels (the most serverwide), and I have ATLEAST spent half of the time between then and now non-stop grinding on the days (150 wins per day).

This rewards system is a huge middle finger to grinders and other players. It actually hurts knowing I could see some closet cheater and booster start off the tourney at level 34, get top 3, and be at OPAL prestige by the end of two days. That's just insane. Half of my 4 month's work just swiped by someone who cheated for it. It's not just me, others I know also think this idea is dumb; and for good reason.

Suppose a good player actually goes on holiday and misses out on the tournament. Anyone he was in contending with would suddenly have SO MANY MORE COINS and XP than he could ever try to get. This rewards system is insane, and just completely ruins the levelling system which was a great implementation into skywars. You shouldn't be able to gain XP from a short tournament, because XP was designed for rewarding veteran players who have spent a long time playing skywars.

Questions

'But only low level bhoppers would get the top places and wouldn't gain much from it, how would a high level abuse this?'

Regardless, 50,000 xp would probably bring that bhopper up 10 levels (levels 1-12 require different amounts of xp). Even so, they would likely get banned, and as we have seen from previous tournaments, there are many closet cheaters who boost with blatant bhoppers to get in the top 10 and 100, if not even higher. A ruby prestige could likely go unnoticed and gain an insane amount of xp from this.

'But corrupt games take too long to start anyway, +1% isnt too bad'

I just simply disagree with this. Giving a corruption level out as a reward would just be a middle finger to those who couldn't play the tourney. A gentle reminder, corruption %s at the top levels require TENS OF MILLIONS OF COINS.

'+1xp per win isn't too bad?'

Yes, but acculated over time, even that makes a difference. Similiarly to the above reason; don't add rewards that make a permanent change to regular Skywars.

How would one fix this?

Change the rewards so that they aren't too overpowered and wouldnt break the whole leveling system; give a reward of 5,000 xp AT MOST. Remove the Angel of Death +1% chance entirely, as well as the +1 xp for a skywars win feature.

Personally, I do not like DiamondPiercer too, because gear should determine the outcome of a fight and NOT rng crit hits.

Rewards from this tournament should be a majority of cosmetics, not an actual set of rewards that undermines the work of those who play the regular game.

With that, thanks for listening to my TED talk.
    (im serious please change this what the hell are these rewards)

Tags:
    @Wolvax @chqv @SoLike @Pollefeys

• Agree x 52
    • Like x 9
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Helper Lapis x 1
  2. Wolvax

Wolvax Well-Known Member

Wolvax
    MVP++
    Hypixel Knights NIHON
    Trusted
    first and agreed

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. whatever_you_want

whatever_you_want Well-Known Member

Ethan_Nichols
    MVP++
    These are valid points. I agree.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lifeboats

Lifeboats Member

Lifeboats
    MVP+
    I totally agree with this

• Like Like x 3
  5. Herc

Herc Well-Known Member

iHerc
    MVP+
    Infamy INFAMY
    Officer
    I agree

• Like Like x 6
  6. Chazm

Chazm Active Member

Chazm
    MVP++
    jakeygoat NOLIFE
    OFFICER
    +1. everything stated here is correct and what SHOULD be implemented before the tourney starts, removing these overpowering rewards.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. That`s the rewards you get HOLY WOW

• Like Like x 1
  8. KAD7

KAD7 Well-Known Member

KAD7
    MVP+
    Hypixel Knights KNIGHT
    100% agree,
    i think its outrageous to reward 50k xp, literally they implemented this awesome xp and leveling system that is far superior to bedwars since it actually differentiates the veterans from normal players and they decided to ruin it with this. smh.

add a poll.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Poll added.

• Like Like x 2
  10. relury

relury Well-Known Member

relury
    MVP+
    Sky Titan TITAN
    yeah I agree the rewards are so stupid and agree with every point you make and I grind alot of sw and it takes like so long to gain a lvl and I don't want a randy/cheaterjust getting like 4 lvls from 50k xp it's so dumb

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. That`s the rewards you get HOLY WOW

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Sorry i repeated myself

• Like Like x 1
  13. relury

relury Well-Known Member

relury
    MVP+
    Sky Titan TITAN
    Also can you know like uh /ignore remove relury please

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. KAD7

KAD7 Well-Known Member

KAD7
    MVP+
    Hypixel Knights KNIGHT
    yeah i hated the sound of this when i first read it. they are literally going to ruin skywars with garbage like this.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Well sicne the staff arent really good at detecting boosters and cheaters and listening to, us, +10

• Like Like x 2
  16. oh LOL my mistake will do

• Like Like x 2
  17. Why is there even a skywars tournament anyway lol. I would much rather prefer a revamped Ranked Update, not this crap

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  18. I 100% agree with everything said. Both of the perks should be removed, and the first of the two should just be made into a one-time purchase of 500 or 1000XP. Diamond Piercer or whatever it’s called just needs to be removed outright. +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 50k exp is insane you can literally beat the higher grinders in just a few days. Gaining 5 levels is just so insane along with the coins which can be bought for corrupted games leading to more exp. This is just outrageous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Disappointed but not suprised by the balance of the rewards. I personally don't care for tournaments or games that attract waves of cheaters subtweet to ranked but something needs to be changed about this. It's absolutely insane to think half a year's work for a casual/semi-competitive player to be instantly matched by a few days of an event (and to think the amount of work for a purely casual player, o u c h). I do understand that this event isn't for casual people, however even the top competitive players of the game agree that this is an obsurd amount of XP to give out. In short, grinders should never be rewarded less than short-term participation in an event, this needs to be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.