1. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Rookie
    Skyclash, Skywars, TKR, Arena Brawl, Cops and Crims, Murder Mystery, Mega Walls, Blitz, Arcade, Quakecraft, Warlords, Guilds, Paintball, and Achievements all got major updates this year, with Housing and VampireZ updates planned and on the way. We also have upcoming news on the standalone game.

After all of that, I don't think it's physically possible to claim that the server doesn't care about their games anymore. If you can, I'll be amazed. Some of you will still try to find some kind of argument to rip the admin team apart, but I think this year for the server was a success.

I know the forums maybe didn't get that much love, and I know the forums were absolutely dreadful, and people will bring that up, but I still anticipate and await the day that a forum update gets announced.

Will happily respond to any thoughts/concerns to what I said.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like x 65
    • Agree x 11
    • Dislike x 6
    • Hype Train x 4
    • Useful x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Mod Emerald x 1
    • Admin Diamond x 1
  2. Why is the playercount so low then

Every single game besides bedwars and skywars or PTL have 5-20 players each

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. PostFarmer

PostFarmer Well-Known Member

PostFarmer
    MVP+
    Now when I think about it, the server has done a lot of what people complained about this year. Now time for the forums update soon c:

• Hype Train Hype Train x 12
  4. PostFarmer

PostFarmer Well-Known Member

PostFarmer
    MVP+
    It's because Minecraft is dying. Have you looked at other Minecraft servers?

• Agree x 16
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  5. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Rookie
    Cause people are moving on to other things, which tend to happen after a server has been around for 6 years.
    A little under-exaggerated there. Maybe on slower days yes, but only 2 or 3 games on the server have peaks that low.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Because minecraft java edition is dying, it's not hypixel.
    Since you can now play minecraft on many other platforms than just the computer, all the kids just went to Xbox, PS4

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. NickCrompton

NickCrompton Active Member

Well, then updating old games doesn’t necessarily mean they care. They update games because people complained for such a long time. A lot of the updates are rushed an unfinished, and for arena brawl, there was an HPC member who had an idea that nobody in the arena discord liked, so he got upset and left and insulted everyone.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Minecraft dying = Hypixel dying

Which is what I meant

• Like Like x 2
  9. Personally, I think this year was good for the community part of the server. For the actual playercount? No. it has gone down a lot from last year and I think this is due to fortnite and the hype of gamemodes like bedwars dying out which is what made hypixel sky rocket last year. I think the server shouldn't primary worry about that though, it's worry should be making its current players happy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Go on the weekends and screenshot the skyclash, suhc and crazy walls playercounts.

11. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Rookie
    How so? Most, if not all of the updates have had patches come right after to fix any of those bugs or issues with the update.

Any update will seem that way at first. It takes time for players to get used to them.
    That's where we have to disagree. Community wise, I think this was one of the worst years for the server.
    The game as a whole is dying. I still think ~10k players on a Monday night is stable though. That's also why they're working on the standalone game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hashito, iSource

Theres ur summary of a huge mess

Oh ya and minecraft gangsters

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Forums have gotten so much worse the past year.

• Agree Agree x 35
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. iEric

iEric Well-Known Member

iEric
    MVP++
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Sergeant
    Forums have become atrocious. I won't go into detail, but numerous bad things have come about this year, forums-wise. As for the server itself, the player count may have gone down, but the updates were plentiful, and that is good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Rookie
    Yes.

2019 may change that though. Then again, I said the same thing about 2018 at the end of 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  16. So many forums trolls, spam threads. I think I have seen maybe a dozen quality threads, including yours @Chandoggie !

• Like Like x 1
  17. NickCrompton

NickCrompton Active Member

Guild update was pretty rushed. Lots of updates were pointless and not needed. There weren’t really any bugs in skywars or bed wars. Instead of taking time to think out updates, it seems a little like they do whatever they can to try and make the community happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Rookie
    4 years doesn't seem very rushed to me.

Also there was a follow up patch to fix some of the issues, like I said before: https://hypixel.net/threads/guild-update-follow-up-patch.1865938/
    You can think that all you want. I can't change your mind there, but you're not giving enough credit where credit is due.
    There don't have to be bugs for a game to get some changes or new modes to it.
    80-90% of the content in these updates were literally community suggested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Guild update was rushed, it took 3 years (correct me if i am wrong)....
    But there are definitly missing features.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Jet711

Jet711 Well-Known Member

Jet711
    MVP+
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    Private
    In terms of updates:

We got tournaments.
    We got new maps for BW, SW, MM, VampireZ, Paintball, and more.
    We got new achievements.
    We got mega bedwars.
    We also got more cheaters in ranked eek
    WE GOT HOT POTATOES.
    Best update ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1