1. Mitochondria

Mitochondria Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 7.33.51 PM.png

A message from DISCORD:
    The Mitochondria Institute asks that you visit this link if you would like to sign up as an Operator for Season 41.

A message from DISCORD: Please follow this link if you wish to be involved in Hypixel Mafia's highly anticipated Season 45 (dubbed by many as the "finale game").

UPDATE LOG:
    The Mitochondria Institute is a strong believer in transparency, and believes that the public should be involved in any major decisions our organization makes. Tomorrow, the Intelligence Committee will begin clearing out our old data files in preparation for the highly-anticipated Season 45. If you wish to follow this process and get the inside scoop on our operations, please join the Mitochondria Institute's official remote server: https://discord.gg/BCFxTE.

This link will be refreshed every 24 hours for one week. After that window, you will need to contact an Operator to receive an invite link.
    A message from DISCORD: Warning! Data files from folder <<Operator_Transfer>> have been moved from storage and into the Intelligence Committee's remote server. Many of these files are hidden behind level 10 firewalls, and are considered highly confidential. Please make certain that all data is properly managed. Any saved data should be moved back into the Overseer Committee's remote server for safekeeping, while any data the Intelligence Committee decides to delete should be permanently expunged from the Mitochondria Institute's server network.

With the iniation of the data management process, Project Hytale has now entered Stage 1.
    A message from DISCORD: The following is an excerpt from a newspaper clipping published as an opinion piece by the New York Times on September 21st, 2018.

Hypixel Mafia and the Degradation of Anti-Clone Rights
    By Andrew Burkis
    ...I don't believe that my ex-wife or Mito or any of their coworkers are bad people. On the contrary, I think that Hypixel Mafia has an incredible amount of talent behind it; this is easily the best mystery series airing today. But despite that, I think that the Mitochondria Institute's practices are resulting in the steady deterioration of the rights of cloned humans.

I don't think I need to remind everyone of the tumultuous times we live in. Clones, despite opening thousands of new doors and propelling human society into the future, are the subject of seemingly daily debate in Washington. Are clones human? Should they be held to the same standard? Do they deserve autonomy? What makes a human human? What is consciousness, and do clones possess it? A million questions, no real answers.

So why does the Mitochondria Institute use clones as slaves? The mystery we love to see unfold is led by empty husks; the soul and personality of each employed clone is shoved aside to make room for the transferred consciousness of the Operator. These human beings—different human beings, yes, but human beings nonetheless—are massacred by the hundreds for our enjoyment. Quite simply, I don't buy Mito's claims that the clones "take pride in their work" and are "happy to give their lives for entertainment;" there has to be more to their lives than this, and we need to speak out. Mito's obsession with creating "realistic fiction" has stolen the rights of a new people, and we need to stop this precedent before it snowballs out of control. I will not allow this world to re-institutionalize slavery.

And neither should you.

Take a stand. Make your voice heard, whether it be through phone calls, or ratings, or public forums. Let these clones know that they're not alone. I firmly believe that they want more than they have; isn't that the entire purpose of living, after all? To experience all you can and build something greater than yourself for the future? Who are we to rob clones of an existence?

Make your voice heard and support Proposition 671. Thank you.
    Exciting news! After running several background checks and analyzing the ideologies of all our candidates, DISCORD has selected the five people believed to be most worthy of a spot on the Intelligence Committee. These Operators are:

1) @Mitoechondria
    2) @Mito-chan
    3) @Skrimiche
    4) @ShiningDiamonds9
    5) @Nz_Slimeables

Congratulations everyone, and thank you to all that applied! May the cycle continue forever.

Thank you,

Hannah Burkis, Chairwoman of the Overseer Committee
    The Overseer Committee is excited to announce that we've released an official Mitochondria Institute Twitter account! Be sure to connect with us for daily facts about the Institute through this link!

Thank you,

Breaking news! The Mitochondria Institute is pleased to inform all employees that, for the fourth year in a row, our Hypixel Mafia webseries has topped both the "Realistic Fiction" and "Overall Fiction" ratings boards. Keep up the great work! This is a victory for all of us, from the Overseer Committee to the game architects to the dedicated Operators. Each of you play an essential role in this grand operation, and none of this would be possible without your continued support. Thank you for four great years, and we look forward to many more!

Furthermore, I am incredibly excited to announce the creation of the Mitochondria Institute's new Intelligence Committee! The Intelligence Committee will be instrumental to the development of the Overseer Committee's much-hyped (and top secret!) Project Hytale. All dedicated Operators are encouraged to sign up for the Intelligence Committee before the February 19th deadline! Be sure to check your nearest DISCORD terminal for application information!

Thank you,

The Mitochondria Institute is pleased to unveil our organization's new public face, @Mitochondria_Institute! This account will manage the Mitochondria Institute's social media accounts in the foreseeable future. Run by DISCORD's nearly perfect human behavior algorithms, you won't even be able to tell the difference between it and a real person!

Thank you,

>LOGIN:userMitochondria
    >PASSWORD:*************

>access: DISCORD_AI
    >PASSWORD:*****************************
    >SECOND FACTOR ID:scanning_eye

>access_granted

>enter: DISCORD_Archive_Service

WARNING! This file has a level 10 security wall. Only members of the Overseer Committee are entitled to access. Any individual who does not have the required security clearance will not be provided access. Attempts to override this measure will result in legal prosecution.

>PASSWORD:*************

Welcome to the DISCORD Archive Service. Please select the archive you wish to access.

>select:INFOMERCIAL_41

The following is a transcript from “The Mitochondria Institute and You: How Hypixel Mafia is Building Tomorrow!”, an infomercial released to select parties on 2/6/19 in order to advertise Hypixel Mafia’s 41st Season.

[Open on two figures—a young man and woman—standing in the modern, well-lit lobby of the Mitochondria Institute. The man is wearing a navy blue suit, while the woman is dressed in a white blouse.]

MAN: Hello, and welcome to the Mitochondria Institute! My name is Mito, and I am the founder and visionary of the extraordinarily popular Hypixel Mafia web series. With me is my assistant and the head of the Mitochondria Institute’s Overseer Committee, Hannah Burkis.

HANNAH: Today, we’ll be giving you a brief tour of the Mitochondria Institute’s state-of-the-art facilities. [leans in towards the camera] Don’t tell Mito, but I also hope to give you all a sneak peak of the revolutionary upcoming 41st season of Hypixel Mafia!

MITO: Did you say something?

HANNAH: Nothing at all! Let’s get going!

[The scene transitions. Mito and Hannah stand in front of two glass doors. Behind them, men and women in white lab coats walk back and forth. They appear to be immersed in their work.]

MITO: This is where everything begins: the server room. Scores of writers and engineers work day and night behind these doors designing each season of Hypixel Mafia. Everything—from the scripting, to the game flow, to the Operators’ personalities—must be perfect before the engineers can get to work on building the game’s arena. Here at the Mitochondria Institute, perfection isn’t a choice; it’s a requirement.

HANNAH: The Overseer Committee will occasionally step in to make sure that the season’s schematics follow the overall vision of the Hypixel Mafia series but, for the most part, we leave our creatives to their work. After all, Hypixel Mafia isn’t Hypixel Mafia without our staff’s crazy, off-the-wall ideas!

MITO: Once the game gets going, game personnel will man the server room and make certain that everything runs smoothly. Fortunately, DISCORD—the Mitochondria Institute’s cutting-edge artificial intelligence—performs most of the finicky work by monitoring the status of our Operators. The Operators are the very heart and soul of Hypixel Mafia; without their desire to volunteer, we wouldn’t have any characters! Know that, under DISCORD’s oversight, they are in safe hands.

[Another scene transition. This time, Mito and Hannah stand in a dimly-lit room before a series of large tubes. Within each tube is a person; their eyes are closed, and they appear to be sleeping.]

HANNAH: We’d like to introduce you to the Operators from the 40th Season! You may recognize that some of these faces belong to your favorite characters from our recent sequel to the long-running “Night of the Living Goos” sub-series!

MITO: The magic of the Mitochondria Institute makes Hypixel Mafia possible! After going through an extensive vetting and sign-up process, Operators from around the world converge on the Mitochondria Institute here in Palo Alto and are placed into a deep cryosleep. DISCORD takes over from here; using an advanced consciousness transfer, we copy the souls of each Operator into a temporary body that exists solely within the game arena.

HANNAH: The game that you see carried out is essentially a proxy war between the Operators. While the real people are safe in their long-term inhabitation tubes, clones—capable of appearing under any form, depending on the theme of the season—take on copies of their personalities and pretend to be the Operators in Hypixel Mafia’s trademark game of life and death! We keep all of the thrill without any true danger! Killing a clone will end the Operator’s simulation, and they will reawaken back here at the Mitochondria Institute.

MITO: It’s a revolutionary process that’s only possible thanks to our brilliant computer science department.

HANNAH: And DISCORD, of course!

MITO: Of course!

[One last scene transition. Mito and Hannah now stand before the Mitochondria Institute’s logo. The company’s tagline—“May the cycle continue forever.”—is emblazoned into the wall above their heads.]

HANNAH: So there you have it!

MITO: The Mitochondria Institute’s key locations!

HANNAH: We’ve learned some science…

MITO: Some history…

HANNAH: But our tour isn’t over yet!

MITO: It’s not?

HANNAH: Of course not, silly! Now, it’s time to show our viewers what they’re really here to see!

MITO: My painted rock collection?

[A laugh track resembling those from a 90s sitcom plays.]

HANNAH: No! We’re gonna show them the beginnings of Hypixel Mafia’s 41st season!

MITO: No way!

HANNAH: Way! If you’ll just follow me, I’ll give you the world’s first peek at the Mitochondria Institute’s next exciting story. Whether you’re watching us live or reading along with the transcripts posted online, know that you’re about to have your mind blown.

[The screen goes white, and the commercial ends. The Mitochondria Institute’s logo holds center stage before fading away to be replaced by the sneak peek of Season 41.]

This transcript has been filed the DISCORD Archive Service under the folder <<PROMOTIONAL BROADCASTS>>. Be aware that, due to files relating to Project Hytale, you must be at security level 10 to access any section of DISCORD’s archives.

Thank you for using the DISCORD Archive Service, and have a lovely day!

The Mitochondria Institute requests that you follow this link to view the latest transcripts of the newest episodes of Hypixel Mafia! Thank you, and have a lovely day!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019 at 2:01 AM
    • Like Like x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. Echks

Echks Well-Known Member

Echks
    MVP+
    Smite SMITE
    /in

• Funny x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1

3. HYPIXEL MAFIA 41: HISTORICAL FIGURES U-PICK
    Life and death is a cycle that is unavoidable. Throughout history, great empires have risen and fallen, only to become merely another anecdote of history. The Persian Empire, Roman Empire, ancient Egypt, Nazi Germany, the Mughals of India, Napoleon, the fabled British Empire, and countless others have all found themselves a victim of this fact. Even ... the Mongols, normally an exception, couldn't find themselves to be an exception to this cycle.

*And here we cut to another scene*

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    In a dark and eerie room .. in an unknown location, only this face was seen:
    [​IMG]
    "
    Ahhhhh, my super-extra-magical-time machineeeee is almost complete! I will soon be able to get the true primary accounts of history! I will rise above all other historians, all other commentators, all other mortals! I will truly EXPERIENCE THE HISTORY! Imagine seeing the American Civil War, or Joan of Arc, or Jesus Christ, or Muhammad, or even when the first lollipop was invented *smacks lip in anticipation*. The world will be mine for the picking! Alright, gotta take some deep breaths. Alright, there we go, all calm now. Let's place the magical ingredient righttttt there.

WOO HOOO! My invention is complete! I'm shocked. Decades of hard work, finally complete. Kind of .. anti-climatic now that I think about it. Alas, now all that is left is to activate the machine with this fat red button.
    [​IMG]
    Wait, what's going on! My machine!! It's heating up! All my alarms are ringing! Now there's smoke steaming out! I am bewildered what has gone wrong, all my careful calculations - for this mess???? And now my vision is going blurry; I can't see anything either. There is so much I wanted to keep doing; alas, I'm feeling weaker and weaker and weaker and weaker ..........
    And with that, we have had our first death - this was the death of
    Fatpiggyboy, the chaotic mad scientist
    The rest of the world remained unsuspecting .. unaware of one death among billions of people. Yet out of the ashes, in the scientist's enormous, secure laboratory, a few figures began rising. Infamous and famous figures throughout history slowly emerged out of the mist, wary of their surroundings.

Suddenly, a PA system activated.
    "Attention! Attention! This is your lovely host WhyForum, and I have brought you all here! You are all trapped in this building until further notice. Some of you represent the true evils of society, while others have spent your entire life countering the villains of your time. Now, we have a situation in which people from multiple eras find themselves trapped with each other! Will the evildoers kill off the town, or will their true colors be found out before it is too late ...."

Welcome to the 41st game of Hypixel Mafia: Historical Figures Edition! Wait hold on; mafia, what's that??? What is this madness that I have stumbled on! Well, I'm ever so glad you asked!

Mafia is a social interaction game concerning the struggle between the Town, the uninformed majority, and the Mafia, the informed minority. Town players must figure out the roles of other players and eliminate the Mafia, while the Mafia players must blends in with the Town long enough to kill them all. If that sounds appealing to you, read on!

This game will run with anywhere above 15 players, and we always welcome new members to the community, so if you would like to play, read the "Guide to Mafia" spoiler and find how to sign up!

Mafia is a game all about manipulation, trickery, social interaction and mass hysteria.

At the start of every game, players are assigned to be a member of the Town, the majority of players, or the Mafia, the minority. Town members are told only their own identity, while Mafia members know the identity of all other members of the Mafia. Alternating between the Day and Night phases, during the Day, Townies must figure out who is Mafia and vote to lynch them, while the Mafia must try get a Town member lynched without drawing suspicion.

Town:
    Members of the Town are told only that they are Town, and what their role is. Their power comes from their numbers and power roles - a unified Town can decimate the Mafia. Their numbers allow them control over the lynch, but every Night they are privy to the Mafia factional kill. Their goal is to figure out who among them are Mafia and vote to lynch them.

Mafia:
    Members of the Mafia are told the identity of all Mafia members, and are given a private chat to talk in during the Night. They make up the minority of players. Their power comes from their manipulation and teamwork - a Mafia in sync can run laps around a Town. Every Night, they may choose a player to kill, but every Day they are susceptible to the lynch. Their goal is to survive against the Town long enough to eventually outnumber them

Third Party:
    There may also be members that are neither Town or Mafia who can win the game in other ways. While their numbers may be substantially fewer than those of the Town or Mafia, they often have easier win conditions or have useful modifiers such as Bulletproof (immunity to night kills) or Ascetic (immunity to every action except night kills). Examples of third party roles include Serial Killer, Arsonist, or Survivor.

Day:
    During the Day phase, players can communicate with each other in this thread, share suspicions they have on other players and figure out who they can trust. Every player can also vote for another player to be lynched by posting [VOTE] playername [/VOTE]. Each Day lasts 48 hours, and at the end of the Day, the one player with the most votes will be killed, revealing their role and alignment, and ending the Day phase. If a player happens to reach a certain number of votes, then Day will end immediately. It is also possible to opt for a no lynch; to do so, players can post [VOTE] No Lynch [/VOTE]. Dead players are no longer considered part of the game. It is the goal of the Town to lynch a member of the Mafia, while the Mafia must stay hidden and get a member of the Town lynched.

Night:
    The Day phase leads directly into the Night phase, where the main thread will be closed for discussion and serves as a break from the heated Days. During the Night, players with power roles may be able to use their PM with the Moderator to decide what they wish to do with any actions they may have. Members of the mafia will also have a private area to chat about the events of the Day, who they should use their actions on and pick a player to perform the mafia factional kill on.

The Night ends after 24 hours. Any players which died during the Night are announced to the other players, revealing their role and alignment, and the next Day phase starts. The Day and Night phases alternate until either all members of the mafia have been killed, or the mafia members eliminate the town. The winners are announced, and this edition of Hypixel Mafia will end!

The rules, though a bit boring and dry, are an incredibly important part of making sure the game runs smoothly and everyone (both new and returning players) has a good time. Please thoroughly read them, as I will be enforcing them. Also keep in mind that I may adjust the rules if a situation not covered by them arises, and I have the final say in any rule-based arguments.

1. Remain respectful of each other. Yes, mafia is a heated game and you will get into arguments, but that does not give any player permission to make personal attacks. We don't tolerate any form of bullying in these games, and players who do not respect this rule will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

2. Remember that we are still on the Hypixel forums, so all of their rules (especially the ones about posting child-appropiate content) apply. That means avoid cursing, sexual innuendos, etc. I don't care, but the forum mods do, and we need to respect their rulings.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of either this thread or a PM created by me. Period. End of story. Discussing the game outside of the designated areas is considered cheating and, if I find out about it, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

4. Do not use any secret codes created prior to the game. This falls in line with the above rule; codes created during the game in a PM made by me or within the game thread are completely allowed, but any other codes are against the rules and will result in a modkill.

5. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is considered any actions that go against your or your faction's win condition, whether that be attacking a player on your team due to a personal grudge or attempting to kill other players on your team for no discernable reason. Yes, I completely understand that bussing or attacking members of your faction is a completely valid strategy, and yes, the line may get blurry at times, but I think everyone should understand the difference between a strategic attack and a senseless action purposely meant to go against your faction.

6. Try and avoid posting in this thread during the night. We gotta get this thread to 1000 pages so get on that posting spree! However, keep in mind that any form of game-related information cannot be shared in this thread during the night. Otherwise ... there will be consequences.

7. If/when you die, you are out of the game and cannot post in this thread until the game ends. Unlike the aforementioned banter rule, I will be enforcing this; too often, a dead player gives game-changing information (accidentally or not), which ruins the experience for other players.

8. Do not directly quote or screenshot anything from any game-related PMs you are in. Let me repeat myself. Do NOT directly quote or screenshot anything from any game-related PMs you are in. This includes your role PM, factional PMs, etc. Doing this goes against the entire spirit of the game, and will get you instantly modkilled.

9. In general, don't abuse any loopholes you come across. The rule list is comprehensive, but it does not cover every possible situation; if you think you've discovered a way to break the game, please run it by me before putting it into action. Remember that, if a situation not covered by the rules arises, I will use my own discretion to solve it.

10. Do not edit or delete any posts you make during the game, as this is considered cheating and can be used to cover up any information you may have let slip.

11. Though this is a hard rule to enforce, quality is always better than quantity. To make both my life and the lives of your fellow players easier, try not to post fluff (aka meaningless content that does nothing to further your personal agenda or the game). Like I said, I won't be enforcing any banter rules, but please be considerate of everyone's time.

12. Inactivity. Too often in the past, players have signed up and then don't play the game. This is incredibly inconsiderate and can ruin the game for everyone. All players are required to post multiple times per day phase, unless you inform me of your inavailability ahead of time. Failure to do this will get you replaced. I understand that real life comes first, but please just let me know if you won't be able to be active so I can replace you. I will already be taking an active role by being proactive in accepting players into this game, and replacing players. "Lurking" as a strategy only goes so far.

13. Try and avoid using crazy mafia acronyms. New players don't know what TFPTSLBOOIA is, so try and stay away from acronyms that may cause confusion (or explain what the acronym means; just try to keep everyone on the same page).

14. All anti-town players will be given the town win condition.

15. Flavors do tie in with the roles, and flavor is alignment indicative to an EXTENT. Custom roles will appear as well.

As I mentioned in Rule 9, this is not a comprehensive rulelist, but it should give everyone a good idea of what is and is not allowed.
    The Order of Operations is the order in which actions, votes and deaths will resolve during the Day and Night.

At the top of the list are actions which are resolved first, which can then affect subsequent actions that occur later in the list. Note that an action may not be in the game despite being covered by this list.

1. Day actions
    2. Lynch
    3. Daykills
    4. Official night start
    6. Commuters commute
    7. Paranoid gun owner goes on alert
    8. All bus drivers and redirectors perform their actions
    9. All roleblocks occur
    10. All jailings occur
    11. All protections occur
    12. All kills occur
    13. All recruitments occur
    14. All investigations / other night actions not covered occur
    15. Official day start
    To sign up, simply post in the thread "/in". If there is space in the player list, you will be added by me to the game. If there is no more space, you will be added to the backup list, and you will replace a player if any need to drop out of the game. Alternatively, use "/backup" when signing up to join the backup list even if there is still space left.
    Empty
    Day 1 -> Gikkle (Jesus, the town martyr) was lynched
    Night 1 -> No deaths
    Day 2 -> Chrisx3 (Nicholas Flamel, the mafia alchemist) was daykilled
    Day 2 -> ChadMD (Abraham Lincoln, the town odd night rolestopper, even night roleblocker) was daykilled
    Day 2 -> ZenGenji (Andrew Jackson, the town 2-shot desperado) committed suicide
    Day 2 -> Dom (Robespierre, the neutral inquisitor) was lynched
    Night 2 -> GlassKitten (Plato, the town disciple) was killed
    Night 2 -> Tmi489 (Henry Clay, the town 1 shot appeaser) was killed
    Day 3 -> Nz_Slimeables (Captain James Cook, the town neighborized odd night adventurer) was lynched
    Day 3 -> Rorschach (Audie Murphy, the town all-star turned inquisition all-star) was daykilled
    Day 3 -> Sulit (Adolf Hitler, the mafia purifier) was lynched
    Night 3-> No deaths
    As this is a historical U-PICK, please DM me 3 historical figures you are interested in after I confirm your sign-up into the game! Roles will be sent out ASAP after a setup is complete and balanced! If you have any questions, ask here or slide into my DM's! I am at your command while this game is in session. I hope you all have a fun time and enjoy! More info to come soon ...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019 at 5:12 PM
    • Like x 9
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  4. Scrimiche

Scrimiche Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. ECHKS YOU TROLL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Echks

Echks Well-Known Member

Echks
    MVP+
    Smite SMITE
    hey wait how do we sign up

• Like Like x 2
  7. Echks

Echks Well-Known Member

Echks
    MVP+
    Smite SMITE
    GOT HIM
    I WIN HYPIXEL MAFIA, NERDS

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gikkle

Gikkle Well-Known Member

Gikkle
    MVP
    /in

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mito-chan

Mito-chan Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Echks

Echks Well-Known Member

Echks
    MVP+
    Smite SMITE
    /in

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. you are confirmed and placed into tier 1
    confirmed tier 1

DM three historical figures : )

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Mitoechondria

Mitoechondria Well-Known Member

Last HPM thread to be ever posted on this website, damn.

/in
    lets goooo

• Hype Train Hype Train x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Scrimiche

Scrimiche Well-Known Member

I thought he was DEAD

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ChadMD

ChadMD Member