1. Pikachu

Pikachu Well-Known Member

Pikachu
    MVP+
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    I think there's two big issues here:

A. It worked how it did before and people liked it. Nobody was really complaining that gheads were unbalanced. They were a part of the game that people liked a lot. Regular heads worked the same way, just with less total health added. The regen speed was nerfed unintentionally, so people just want that patched

B. Without faster regen speed, golden heads aren't actually worth making. If a golden head is the same as a regular head and a golden apple with literally zero benefit whatsoever, then why make them anyways? If the regen speed is going to stay the same, I think it should gain an extra absorption heart or at least some actual benefit to using them. Maybe make it so instead of all regen, it's 2 hearts of instant health then 6 hearts of regen. Idk, there's plenty of possibilities but the point stands that golden heads just don't serve any purpose right now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. galico

galico Well-Known Member

galico
    MVP+
    Musubi SWITCH
    You make a golden head for the instant regen, you get 8 hearts without having to eat a gap. It's still better than a head and a gap ever so slightly

3. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP+
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    Ehhh I dunno I don't really think that's enough to set it apart, especially because you subconsciously screw yourself over a lot from relying on that long slow regen. Often times it's actually better for your fight to get to gap-range and just gap instead. I feel like it used to be generally valuable but now is niche, which I don't think it should be. Golden heads are the cornerstone of UHC, it was literally the original UHC custom craft. I think it should be good and something people strive to get. Frankly, I think it should be removed from the shop and become a craft everyone has unlimited access to every game.

4. galico

galico Well-Known Member

galico
    MVP+
    Musubi SWITCH
    if it was unlimited I could make like 10 gheads and imagine if they implement real regen 3, if I go in a hole with decent armor I win that fight every time even if I hvae a terrible sword. It was always whoever has the most gheads wins before

5. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP+
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    >Yes. Being in a 1x1 with someone else with a lot of gheads, your win would be guaranteed. But that's just another incentive to go out and fight players, having gheads requires you to be engaging in PvP which I think is a good thing. Incentivizing combat is something that should've been done from the start in my opinion. Plus, being in 1x1s at all is a really risky play that I never really want to bother with unless the player is already extremely low. Even in that position, getting screwed over by someone with deus is quite possible as well.

>Having the most gheads absolutely did not win fights before. I don't really know what to say other than that it wasn't true. As someone who'd went up against players with 2 or more gheads while I didn't have any plenty of the time, winning that scenario wasn't nearly as hard as you're making it out to be. At the end of the day, strictly melee based fights will always be pretty skill dependent regardless of healing or gear. Yes, you can beat someone with worse stuff because of the gear you had, but if you get flawlessed, gear is irrelevant. I've killed full diamonds with healing while I was full iron with none.

At the end of the day, I don't really mind what the outcome of this is. I preferred gheads before and think it was better for the game, especially in solo. I liked it, and the change was unintentional. But if it stays the same, I'm not really affected much and the game is pretty similar through my eyes. Especially considering I don't plan on playing for much longer anyways. Regardless, this is a much smaller change than anyone is making it out to be.

6. galico

galico Well-Known Member

galico
    MVP+
    Musubi SWITCH
    I meant cave fights and close quarters fights were usually decided by the amount of gheads, not all fights.

I disagree with incentivizing combat because the only objective of UHC is to be the last one standing, by what ever means possible

7. Looking at the video it seems that somehow, regen 3 used to act like regen 4.
    Regen III heals 2 hearts in 2.5 seconds, this is 2 hearts in 1.25s.

We can change it (back) to regen 4 during 5 seconds.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mkrlv2

Mkrlv2 Well-Known Member

MKRL
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    I disagree, the main objective of uhc is to get the most score from a game as possible, the more kills you have, the more rewarded you should be

9. Mkrlv2

Mkrlv2 Well-Known Member

MKRL
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    Regen 4 is 8 hearts in 2.5 seconds, I thought?
    anyways, please buff gheads again as they were much more worth making. Having more than 1 ghead in solo is a waste, as the reg heads are better often because of their ability to supply the speed without wasting the extra healing you may not need from a ghead
    #makeGheadsGreatAgain

10. galico

galico Well-Known Member

galico
    MVP+
    Musubi SWITCH
    Kills are rewarding but not as rewarding as a win which is clear by the amount of score each obtains. The object of uhc in general is to win, hypixel used good logic and implemented progression which rewards plentiful kills but more so wins, without progression the game could become quite stale for some.

11. Mkrlv2

Mkrlv2 Well-Known Member

MKRL
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    During a solo win I often get nearly double or more than double score in kills than wins. You may say that the objective is for what gives more score, but if that was true then it would be kills for me as I get 20 kills often

12. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP+
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer

13. Samuel

Samuel Well-Known Member

samNUT
    MVP++
    Offensive OFN
    Officer
    the main goal is winning, just like it is in any other game that exists.

choosing to go focus more on kills than wins (so score, i guess) is your own choice but just cause it's a popular choice it doesn't mean it's the goal!

hope that made sense