?

Should this be added?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. So, When new players join hypixel, They think everything is made by hypixel, like the mini games, maps, kit ideas, features etc

But, Some maps, kits and stuff like that are made by the community. I feel that the community maps, kits and stuff like that don't get much credited.

Staff mostly credit us in threads but most new players don't look at the forums.

My idea is that there should be a book in all mini games. Like this
    2017-03-11_16.35.59.png
    Or
    2017-03-11_16.40.07.png
    The unenchanted book is the credit book, it will be like the achievement thing, it will show all the games icons and when you click a mini game, it will give you a book

The book will be called the "Credit book" there will be links or it will say what is made from the community
    Example

Skywars "Firesky" map Made by
    <names>

Skywars "Dragon" kit Made by
    <names>

Arcade Mini-Game Made by
    Staff team

Thank you for looking at the thread and sorry for putting Important in the thread.

2. WhyForum

WhyForum Well-Known Member

WhyMinecraft
    MVP+
    Two things - they can just find out the creator of the map when they play it
    - What new player reads the books they receive xd

3. it doesn't say the kits though.

also what do you mean by the 2nd part?

4. WhyForum

WhyMinecraft
    MVP+
    Ok
    You're a new player. There's a book in your inventory.
    Firstly, seeing who created the map means nothing to you bc you never played the map
    Secondly, new players don't tend to read everything that is given to them
    Fair enough, but not too many kits were community suggestions

5. Hinawa

Hinawa Well-Known Member

snorriogang
    MVP+
    LLJ BRUH
    Good idea, hopefully this can help promote community made maps get passed

6. WhyForum

WhyMinecraft
    MVP+
    How would it cause more community made maps to be passed?
    It may cause more submissions tho

7. But I still think it should be added though.
    One of the bsg maps is made by the community and I remember new players saying "Wow, The build team are amazing" But it wasn't made by them it was made by the community
    True but like I said ^^ xd

8. Hinawa

Hinawa Well-Known Member

snorriogang
    MVP+
    LLJ BRUH
    Without it, this book is going to be the same few names repeated over and over again, making it useless.

The only way it will have use is if the admins accepted more community maps

9. WhyForum

WhyMinecraft
    MVP+
    Exactly
    That needs to happen before they add the book

10. Agree.

what's sad is that many people made great maps for mini games and it took them ages but none got added... Which is sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bump >_>

12. voidy

voidy Well-Known Member

Or you could just put a sign in that map somewhere or in chat for credit, but doesn't seem that important. Creators of map submissions that are accepted into the network probably don't have the mindset, at least to a great extent, that new players must know they built the map.

In essence, they build the maps in hopes to contribute to the network with their talents and pride themselves by seeing their own creation being used on the largest server.

13. mazda3

mazda3 Active Member

CodyTheCoder
    VIP
    Acutus
    Officer
    i'm sure half the kids probably don't even know that hypixel is actually the person that owns the server. They probably just think it's the name of the server...

14. Yeah but I still think it should be added.

Adding a credit book wouldn't hurt too much.

I remember when I was talking to this "new" player, we were playing bsg and we played one of the community maps and he said "The build team are amazing!" and then I said "Y'know.... this one is made by a community member not a build team member." then he said "No it's not?" it kinda started a little fight but Yeah. People mostly think the build team and staff made it but few of the maps are made by the community and they don't get too much love for it.

Thanks for the feedback! <3