1. Today, after about 4 hours of trying, I earned the Blocking Dead achievement Lone Survivor, which requires you to win the game as the last man standing. In theory, this is a cool achievement.

In practice, it is awful.

This is not usually the kind of achievement you get by accident, so you have to grind for it. At first this isn't so bad - you just collect resources and snipe zombies, as you would normally.

But during the last three minutes before rescue? You have to sit in a corner and play like a complete jerkface, because you are essentially hoping your teammates die BUT not so quickly to where you will die too. You have to hope that everyone in the game is about 80% incompetent, then hoard all your resources and refuse to help them kill any zombies, then hope that you can wing it solo for the last 5 - 30 seconds.

What a trash achievement. 0/10 would not recommend

2. gladius22

gladius22 Active Member

gladius22
    VIP
    or you go into a big party and they all leave 5 sec before the end

3. That's boosting and is lame

• Like Like x 1
  4. JulianElf

JulianElf Well-Known Member

JulianElf
    If you enjoy Blocking Dead then this is a fun achievement to get, mostly because solo games are some of the most fun ;)
    If you're just AP hunting then I guess it could be a drag considering it's RNG that determines if other players die. It sounds like your biggest problem was stated in this line:
    Other players aren't your teammates in this game (although you all can win together), as it's secretly a competitive game where everyone competes for the resources necessary to survive. This makes it less of a jerk move to play selfishly. Also if you know good camping spots or techniques for the different rescues then you can win solo most of the time :D

5. ha55ii

ha55ii Well-Known Member

PoppiBrosJr
    MVP+
    Raid RAID
    AP Hunters hate him! Learn how he gets solo games super easy!
    upload_2020-2-13_23-37-12.png

No joke you can get one or two people like this. Not a solo game tho

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Hey @JulianElf , interesting perspective, I know you are good at this game because I studied your guide to know where best to camp during rescues XD

You're right that solo games aren't the problem per se; I just really don't enjoy being forced to play selfishly in order to get an achievement. And it's only a "secretly competitive" gamemode because of communication barriers. If Blocking Dead happened irl, I can assure you that my fellow humans would get rid of me pretty fast if I tried to pull this ammo-hoarding, corner-camping solo-game nonsense :p

7. JulianElf

JulianElf Well-Known Member

JulianElf
    I completely understand, I never really make any attempt to go for solo games cause that's just be mean :p They used to just fall into my lap all the time, but people have gotten much better at the game in the past year so it's rare that everyone dies now.
    Also yeah if it happened irl I'd likely run off on my own so I could collect ammo in more dangerous places, then head back with the rest of the group so I didn't have to worry about getting ammo while they were around to see it xD

8. gladius22

gladius22 Active Member

gladius22
    VIP
    well i got used as a mear tool for an ap hunter once unwillingly, how much do you think achievements value to me.