1. Lushsmoke

Lushsmoke Member

Lushsmoke
    VIP+
    Pretty much punished for having only wither alive even though we do a good job defending it, encourages x-ray use punishing normal players, and generally wastes everyone's time since ppl know they will most likely not be caught they don't rush.

Again, the people who cry about being targeted are the same ppl who don't even bother defending their wither, then you eventually become free finals and all 3 teams target your wither because you're about to die anyway.

Soooo what im saying is the reason why you get targeted and your wither dies first is because its your fault for not defending?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lushsmoke

Lushsmoke Member

Lushsmoke
    VIP+
    Also i'd prefer not to wait 10 minutes for my wither to die like every game.

3. So I didn't really understand but now I do, if I explain it as well as I can it would go like this 'People targeting on Hypixel encourages tracers so that your bed doesn't get destroyed although you did a good job defending it, and they know the tracer hacker knows, that the chances for them getting banned was low so that could encourage them more to tracing.'

4. What wither?
    EDIT : I dont know cuz I am banned x\ or maybe something else

5. Sometimes, people will only go for one wither and even when you defend, it can still die first. However, introducing such a system is punishing defenders and rewarding those who don't rush.

The roots for why people only rush one wither should be tackled instead and that is truly to obtain as many finals as possible as leaderboards/skins etc. are operating through finals and not wins. If a team wants to win and is neither in the lead nor last, they would normally attack he strongest wither as that increases the chance to win the most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lagg

Lagg Well-Known Member

Lagg
    MVP+
    I disagree, I think it's pretty good. It definitely trumps the old system that led to one wither being killed and slaughtered before any other wither reached 400hp, nowadays it's very rare to see this occur. And to some extent, targeting needs to be a part of the game to account for the imperfect anticheat - otherwise the hacking party would win every single game. That's not to say the anticheat shouldn't be improved, but there's always going to be a client that will bypass and the natural way the game deals with that inconsistency is target.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pzzaazz

Pzzaazz Member

Last wither left. Me crouched underground, stealthily surrounded by non-obvious blocks. Someone immediately digs straight to me...It is a real enigma how they are so good at that.

8. SupremeSheldon

SupremeSheldon Well-Known Member

SupremeSheldon
    MVP+
    I love the way you put it here. Instead of getting to the why of target, taking on the incentives that push a ton of players to do it (Legendaries, Mythics, LB structure focusing on one trait), the developers instead just made it harder to accomplish that target.
    I personally think the current system was a good fix on the temporary scale; if we could later tackle the why, maybe urge the Wither system to naturally dilute some of this anyway, and get real changes to player focus, then I think we'd be good.
    Mostly, I have two problems with the new system:
    1. It's only really advantageous in places of low visibility. Namely, if you unsneak or you're in 90% of surface locations, you're going to get found. If you want to get bold and hang out in mines or under another Wither to tap it, your nametag is going to be an issue if you unsneak for even a moment. Alternatively, if you're a Bow Kit or mobility and dislike being stuck in a hole, skybasing or hiding in the natural map features leaves you just as open as ever.
    2. While it does help people avoid being targeted, it doesn't account as much for team target. If a party targets a team to kill one guy, an entire team can be made to suffer for it, with there being no real way to deal with huge Wither target (yes, defending helps, but there's only so much defenders can do, especially when some people don't know where the "too many" line is).

Though, while it does have its downsides, at least we have a system now. Beats that gap where we didn't have Wither Resistance or this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BTW my thread was locked so basically they dont get payed although its the same smh

10. @Lagg @AllyMcC's admin that she contacted with is now pretty obvious

11. AllyMcC

AllyMcC Well-Known Member

AllyMcC
    MVP+
    Puns PUNS
    Uh, what? o_O

12. This is the mega walls forum. xD

13. you dont know what you are talking about... i have had multiple games where i had plenty of defenders (4man legend blaze party) and the wither got rushed by 20 people every second... if you than get chased becouse they can simply use their compas to track you anytime anywhere this is a real disatvantage for every player... in 1 point ur right, it does not solve the problem completely BUT it is too late to fix the entire problem right now, legendary skins and stats are part of the game and with this anti target fix i can atleast make deathmatch with atleast 3 teammate alive, becouse megawalls is not meanth to have a full team eliminated before deathmatch. untill you get good / known in the megawalls community or play a lot with known good people i rather you to not post threats about the anti target fix or target overall, you will not recognise target when i slap you in the face with it <3 have fun

14. finally somone that sees the anti target solution is not the problem... atleast someone realises that the finals (skins) and stats make people target that bad... you are the first person next to me i see say something usefull about target in megawalls

15. RameyXL

RameyXL Well-Known Member

RameyXL
    MVP+
    Says a hacker

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. You hackusate everyone lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RameyXL

RameyXL Well-Known Member

RameyXL
    MVP+
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Why are you trying to reply to something you obviously have no knowledge about?

19. I've been saying this for a while now, the targetting solution update did not help the game so much as it did hinder it.