?

Should this map be added?

1. Yes.

371 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. No.

20 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Yes, but with some changes. Explain below.

13 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Clearing is a Skywars map I've created over the past 3 weeks. Below are some renders and additional information to the map:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the terrain you see has been shaped by hand, brushes were used to add details to it. WorldEdit for block-combination and VoxelSniper for pockets of differently coloured rocks. The map is based around an old logging company, hence the cut down trees and log-piles around the sawmill. The only trees left can be found on the spawn-islands.

Every spawn features a cave, a hut, and a pine-tree. Just like in every other map there's 3 chests for every player to loot. Moving on we have a ring-shaped island with a log-truck, and some stumps. Going further to the center of the map you'll find an old sawmill you can explore ... but be warned, the blade is sharp :eek: 6 chests await you and your companions.

Image Gallery
    Render Gallery

The Map is centered at -0.5, 52, 0.5 (Enchanter) and has a radius of ~60 blocks at the outermost point. There's 12 islands for 12 players. Each island has a crafting table, a furnace, 3 chests, 2 diamond ores, and 2 or 3 iron and coal ore.

F
    eedback is highly appreciated ;) Happy looting!
    Thanks to TonyGFX for making the renders

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like x 55
    • Creative x 5
    • Hype Train x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Sommox

Sommox New Member

Sommox
    MVP+
    Interesting! Would love to see this map on the server. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Awesome and original map! I hope it will be added :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. VOUCH!

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. sausage191181

sausage191181 New Member

Obelistics
    VIP
    This looks awesome! Would really love for it to be added!

6. Sorrry

Sorrry Active Member

Sorrry
    MVP
    Sorrry GUILDMASTER
    This is actually amazing. I like the theme and it was able to fit in real nice. Only thing I can think of is maybe adding some extra leaf textures to the trees. There's a lot of the same texture too, but it's alright. Still very impressive! Hope to see it added GL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I love the block pallet! I kind of think that the structures could be worked on, specifically the spawn huts, but overall a fantastic map!

8. I love it and it looks amazing; but center middle is a bit to brown for me. Maybe add some grass blocks here and there?

9. link223

link223 Active Member

Linkk
    MVP+
    Fairy Tail OFFICER
    Nah leave mid, its suppost to be brown, the grass fades in. I like the simplicity, leave it how it is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snuskenmaxi

snuskenmaxi New Member

Looks amazing! As always! Keep it up! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thank you ;)! also thanks to everyone else who has commented and voted so far, more feedback is as always appreciated.

12. freights

freights Well-Known Member

Fiit
    MVP+
    SkyLegion MEMBER
    You built this in 3 weeks? A little sketchy, but still a good map.

13. xHopp

xHopp New Member

Vezq
    MVP+
    88 GUILDMASTER
    Great map! I hope it will be added!

14. Androme

Androme Well-Known Member

Androme_
    MVP+
    Proob OFFICER
    Legit, this looks so cool!

15. Thanks. I was in university most of that time, mainly because of exams and learning for them. Most of the building happened last week, I started planning 3 weeks ago ;)

16. You are a MapMaker from Overcast Network...right?? Hohooh awensome to see you here men!!!!

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  17. Sosw

Sosw Active Member

Sosw
    MVP+
    Divana MEMBER
    Great map!

Edit: Congrats!!!!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  18. rockmine, you are a clever man. Only leaving two options, yes and no. If they vote no they'll stick out like a sore thumb with that one no, but I wish there was a tweaking option. I think there should be a little less brown in your map. I love the style and design but there is a lot of brown for just one map. Nice map overall though! Good luck in the end.

19. I love the mechanical theme of this, great work man!

20. Thanks for laying out your concerns. As a few players have guessed already (sometimes even tried to explain themselves) the goal was to create a map with a rather specific industrial muddy/dirty theme from the (mid) 20th century. Players spawn on the logging-company workers' small outposts, these are still green. If you move further to the middle the grass gets less, quite fast. In the middle there's no grass at all, and I think that's your concern. The map is deforested and the place where the companies heart sits.

The map is intended to be in such a theme, looking at lots of images of old logging companies I found that this map would represent them quite well.

If you have any ideas how the middle of the map could be changed, without adding a tree or too much grass, I'm open to look into it. Some additional grass may be justifiable due to the nature coming back. Or possible some stones (sticking out) like on the ring-shaped island ;)o_O

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1