?

Should matchmaking be removed?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NameChangeA58

NameChangeA58 Well-Known Member

They basically needed 50 straight wins to get to the next safe zone. With this update it's so much easier to boost, I got someone on LB banned for boosting, he literally went from 0 to 2.3k in an hour... Tell me how this update fixed anything except for new players "enjoying the game".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OverNamed

OverNamed Well-Known Member

That's pretty true but matchmaking is good and thats pretty much it lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. NameChangeA58

No it's not. Think about this; If we're paired with people on our skill level, we should have a 25% chance of winning. At 1900 we gain 10, lose 19. After 4 games you will lose 47 rating (assuming everyone is the exact same skill level). With no safezones, ratings are destroyed. See what I mean now?

4. OverNamed

OverNamed Well-Known Member

Yeah I see you. But I think we should wait until this season ends then we can judge.

5. NameChangeA58

I agree, but we should've been told an update was happening. I was going for Masters this season, dropped all my other games just for Sky Wars, and then this update hits out of the blue and kills my rating. I was #2 by 3 rating, right behind my guildmate @Disregard but we were both drained to cheaters with high rating, or people boosting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OFFENSlVE

OFFENSlVE Well-Known Member

Dualisty
    MVP+
    This update is based on skill, not on safezones that will carry us the whole way, this update was just for us to check out skill, lets be HONEST for once, safezones just carried us the whole way, no skill, just safezones, no wonder it was easy to hit gold, now you should learn how really good you are, and stop complaining about this update, it was for us @Avihay, not to annoy us because @codename_B was bored or something.
    I agree this update isn't that good, but it isnt that bad!, its based on our skill, and thats what makes it good!.
    and if you dont like it, dont play it, and now i get why @codename_B was not listening to the community, there is a reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maybe he was busy collecting all the proof required to ban all you frenchies

8. Spelunkain

Spelunkain Well-Known Member

Then he is busy for his whole life, I love how hypocrite you are, talking about toxicity when you're very toxic as well ahhh, sky wars community and its pearls like Shulked or Invic, it'd be a great place without them :D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Hey now don't get all defensive. I just suggested a possibility backed up by the fact all of you got banned

10. Spelunkain

I'm not perm'd though, and not even banned for that aha, and not wiped. Stop spreading rumors to boost your big enough ego.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. LuLuHyperMarket

LuLuHyperMarket Well-Known Member

LuLuHyperMarket
    MVP+
    I agree,they should remove it

12. Dustany

Dustany Well-Known Member

destinydesired
    MVP
    Sometimes they do

13. Rumors just like the rumors you're spreading calling him lazy

14. Spelunkain

it's based on facts, yours isn't based on facts.

15. Kam7

Kam7 Well-Known Member

these arena brawl watchdog bugs...
    xD

16. Gio

Gio

Gio Well-Known Member

G1ovanni
    MVP+
    Hypixel Knights KNIGHT
    download (4).jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Spelunkain

yep :/

18. I'm trying to look at both sides of the argument. I can definitely see the problems with matchmaking at the masters level because matches would take forever to start and when the match finally does start you will most likely be against some togglers or other good players. However, from a lower level players standpoint, I can see the advantages to matchmaking, fighting players near or above your skill level will help you to improve.

19. Isn't that why arena died?
    It's start with game that take too much time, then matchmaking tweaked for a alonger range, then ppl unhappy to play against ppl who are 300 above their rating, then matchmaking tweaked again, game take too much time, some ppl just quit and play normal and insane mode because the time between the tweaks is longer each time, then another tweak, and some players just quit and play another game (or nother server), ect ect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RondKyro

RondKyro New Member

I agree, the update was the worst thing that has ever happened to hypixel, the matchmaking, no safezones, everything is just going to make the community even more toxic than it already is. Once you get to 1500 rating you are playing with Masters, high diamonds etc. and they are obviously going to be sweats, so its impossible to win, and without the safezones you can now go from 1500 - about 1000, by queuing the same sweats every game. in my opinion the update should be removed. Ranked was fine the way it was.