1. creeper092345

creeper092345 Active Member

creeper092345
    VIP+
    I know that a lot of posts have been made about how ridiculously vague and uncertain the rules in skyblock are, but something recently has caught my attention.

Multiple people have reported being banned for using tape/heavy objects to weigh down their mouse to simulate holding down a button. This was confirmed to be against the rules by Hypixel on his twitter here. https://twitter.com/simon_hypixel/status/1159963908108705792?s=21

The problem? Literally no one knew about this. In fact, there have (supposedly) been staff members who have stated that doing so is not against the rules. It was only a couple weeks ago that it was also explicitly noted that "acts that replicate holding a button down" are NOT considered a disallowed modification. This notice was removed a few days ago.

However, we now know that this is clearly against the rules. Despite this massive change in policy that is extremely important for the average player, there has been next to NO information regarding this. No announcements in-game, no forum posts, nothing. Almost all of the playerbase has been told that it is not a bannable offense (it was stated in the disallowed/allowed mods guide after all), and there has been nearly no information to challenge that. Even if someone revisited the guide and noticed that the paragraph regarding holding buttons down was removed, they likely wouldn't think anything of it because there is nothing that says otherwise. Instead of replacing that paragraph with something notifying players of a change in the rules, or even slashing through it to signify that the rule is no longer valid, hypixel have decided to just pretend it never existed in the first place.

The fact that the most warning people get is word-of-mouth via the forums and a reply on twitter is completely ridiculous. You can't expect people to follow the rules if they don't know what the rules are. Simply turning around and saying that something's changed without warning is extremely shady and unprofessional.

tl;dr notify people when you're changing something

• Agree Agree x 45
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Agree. Just a twitter post doesn’t do much to a server with 70000+ people

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Common sense that you shouldn’t simulate an autoclickers actions.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DKOTA

DKOTA Active Member

_DKOTA_
    VIP
    Greatly said, even if they didn’t put a full rule set up on the forums or in game yet, there’s been enough questions about AFKing to warrant a statement specifically about that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. nabhit

nabhit Active Member

Bruh moment

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Common sense that you shouldn’t be banned by something that isn't in the rules.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Autoclickers are obviously against the rules if you’d read it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Holding your mouse down isn't auto cliking.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Question: If I rebind my break button to space then lay my left hand on the space key and browse my phone for 2h with my right hand, how do you detect that? Should I be banned? I was physically there holding down the key with my hand, my mouse wasn't moving tho cause I rebound the key.
    I mean sure 2h might seem much, but it's not impossible, and that's the key point. Someone can and probably has or will be banned for that despite breaking no rules at all, even in their spirit and not their word.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ninjka

Ninjka Active Member

Ninjka
    VIP
    They actually did add a little paragraph stating it's not allowed:

"Additionally, we do also note that anything which automates any player gameplay action is strictly disallowed, be those Minecraft modifications, external software or hardware. This includes things such as (but not limited to) auto / burst clicking buttons or macros, auto-sprint, and aim assists" (Allowed Modifications Guide).

I still 100% agree that they should have emphasized this change in some way as they can't possibly expect players to constantly check up on that guide. It's almost as if they wanted people to get banned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. xShocz

xShocz Active Member

xShocz
    VIP
    Lazul LAZUL
    They are stating that jayavarmen said on discord that it was allowed (days after the change was made to allowed modifications)

Just look at this thread to make yourself an example of what they answer to this

Please dont coment on that thread i dont need it to go to top again to have more people discussing

12. HaruArata

HaruArata Member

HaruArata
    VIP
    I'm not sure about Hypixel, but in most scenarios, the said party should have the permission to change what is in their ToS without notice whatsoever, and some even state that you should regularly review it for changes. This is a pretty common trend that can be noticed simply by taking a couple minutes (maybe 30) to read ToS rather than blindly checking the checkbox that says "I agree to..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Holding left click is not auto clicking

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wait since when was putting tape on ur mouse auto clicker?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HaruArata

HaruArata Member

HaruArata
    VIP
    The tape automates your clicking, thus it can be considered (but in most cases, isn't really) an autoclicker.

Edit: P.S. just because something isn't normally considered as one, isn't normally used, and isn't a program, doesn't mean it can't be classified as a type of per se autoclicker.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. do you even know what an autoclicker is?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Ngl, this is something that really bothered me when I appealed last night. For the record, I did thoroughly read through the rules before appealing; I wouldn't have appealed if I didn't think I actually broke any rules. Receiving the standard copy-and-paste that implied I disobeyed the rules I thought I was following felt like a real slap in the face, considering everything regarding this has felt like a grey area for awhile when players such as myself also genuinely believed this was okay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Automatically clicking (replicating multiple clicks) and holding down a singular click are two VERY different thing

19. Something I'd like to add is the fact that there's not really a way to distinguish between artificial button presses and someone just holding their hand still while listening to a podcast or audiobook or something. How do I know I won't be banned for simply not moving my mouse??

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Solid statement right here, and I agree that more clarification was needed