Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frodo_Saggins

Frodo_Saggins Well-Known Member

I have been tagged in many posts in the past week. These posts contained arguments about reach hacks, usually started by someone posting "proof" of reach hacks. Thank you for tagging me in those posts, however I would rather you link this thread when you would previously have tagged me. Thank you.

What are reach hacks?

Reach hacks are a modification that grants a player an extended attack range. This is an unfair advantage, and is as a result a blacklisted modification. The information contained in this thread is to clear up misconceptions in the community. This is not a "how to use hacks" guide.

Certain hacks work better - or only work - in single-player (SSP). This includes God Mode (player invincibility), No Fall (no fall damage), Regeneration (quicker health regeneration), along with others. Servers with more developed hack detection systems are able to block the latter two. The first hasn't worked for years.

What is the difference between reach hacking and lag?

There is a difference between reach hacks and lag. Depending on the type of lag, it can be very confusing and frustrating to die. There is FPS lag, where your frames drop to near zero. This doesn't make players seem like reach hackers, it merely makes playing extremely difficult, and often impossible.

There is also server lag. This is lag between the server and the client (you). There are two types of server lag, both being caused by information failing to be transferred. You can experience lag where you don't receive information from the server. This is the kind of lag where you can run around and break blocks, where nothing else moves, and eventually you get disconnected from the server.

There is also a kind of lag that makes simple combat seem horribly distorted. This happens when the client fail to send the server information, but the server continues to send your client information. This causes your player to freeze for everybody except you. You can run around freely. When someone attacks you, your player is not knocked back. To your client, since it is still being told to move its view, sends you flying in the correct direction, but from the wrong location.

This video shows the last type of lag extremely well.

Ping vs. Reach

When someone has high ping (slow connection) to the server, he or she receives information slower, and therefore later. When you are knocked away from the player, the player isn't told this until around a second later, and is able to continue attacking you (you're still in the player's attack range).

There is also a case where someone has low ping (fast connection), and is given information very quickly, often quicker than the server operates (20 updates per second, optimally, averaging about 50 millisecond "ping"). The player seems to have an extended reach, due to the fact that he or she able to attack another player quicker (the player is in attack range sooner), and is able to continue hitting the player afterwards.

Do reach hacks exist?

Yes. Reach hacks exist. Why do moderators/educated players say otherwise? Their effect is laughably small.

Servers check the distance between an enemy and the player when an attack is executed. If the distance is less than a certain distance, damage is dealt. The distance is longer than in vanilla, by about half a block, mainly to accommodate players with slower internet.

When two players are running, the extended reach is extremely small, and is often not noticed until the normal player is knocked out of normal attack range, yet continues to take damage from the hacker.

That is why there were (are) "ATTACK_REACH" violations on violations.hypixel.net.

Questions? Comments? Please feel free to reply, but keep it civilized. No flaming, no name-calling.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 15
  2. mrclutchspencer01

mrclutchspencer01 Well-Known Member

ClutchSpencer
    MVP+
    reach hacks dun exist

3. Frodo_Saggins

Please read the thread.

4. lies, all lies!

5. mrclutchspencer01

ClutchSpencer
    MVP+
    I have I still think reach hacks dont exist they haven't existed since (as AidenRK said in one of his vids) 1.8 SNAPSHOTS came out

6. aschmid1

aschmid1 Well-Known Member

my mind is about 50/50 for reach hacks.
    Sometimes they seem like hacks, yet again it seems like internet poop

• Like Like x 5
  7. mrclutchspencer01

ClutchSpencer
    MVP+
    ked took you a year to get 50 kills in bsg

8. So...? I actually now have 53 kills and got my first win! It was on citadel.

9. mrclutchspencer01

ClutchSpencer
    MVP+
    I've been playing for 3 months maybe, got 2k bsg kills and 75 wins geegee

10. Frodo_Saggins

Please keep the thread on-topic and don't flame. Thanks.

11. wait but Tesla thread said reach hacks dont exsit
    now u have things that say they do
    I am confuzzled :confused:

12. mrclutchspencer01

ClutchSpencer
    MVP+
    Not gonna flame anymore you have your oppinion I have mine

13. xSkyline

xSkyline Well-Known Member

xSkyline
    MVP
    Lol sorry but reach hacks no longer exist...

14. ShiftyWifty

ShiftyWifty Well-Known Member

shift0011
    MVP+
    I for one, do believe that reach hacks still exist, but as frodo said, they pose a minimal-none risk in actual PvP.

15. AquaStone58

AquaStone58 Active Member

1NAndrew
    MVP+
    I agree with this. once a guy hit me from 8 blocks away on Egypt ;-;

16. Spection

Spection Well-Known Member

They do not exist. They were patched in 1.3 and they are often confused with aimbot hacks which hit as soon as the target is in range.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kinghakaka

kinghakaka Well-Known Member

Reachhacks still exist take my friend for example he showed it to me 2 weeks ago

18. Frodo_Saggins

You didn't read my post.

19. They do, trust me. I didn't think so either, then I saw the light :eek:

20. wait so u say they do excist now u say they dont
    Give me a summary on your position plz
    that would help in your post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.