1. Faish

Faish Well-Known Member

Faish
    MVP++
    SuperSquadHQ SUPER
    Officer
    Hello everyone! Today I will be remaking the pinned thread https://hypixel.net/threads/ranked-...w-to-get-better-what-to-upgrade-more.1238151/ and my old one I made a few months back, just due to updates. The thread was made over a year ago, so I figured I'd revamp it.
    This is a thread about Ranked Skywars. Telling people about ranked, safe rating per division, tips, and more! If you have any concerns about getting a division, this'll help. If you have anything I should add, tell me below.

Cool Text - Divisions 287650554419516.png
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As Upwind said in his thread, this is just to help people confirm whether they're safe or not. I will put margins as the demand for specific rewards (such as Notes Trail and Blood Explosion) may increase the safe area to stay in the division. These specific ratings are not 100% accurate as I have not gotten above diamond enough times, but these will most likely give you the rewards you want.
    Tip: If you get close to the division you want but did not get it by the end of the season, you can wait afterwards for 2 months for people who cheated to get ahead of you to get banned. You get pushed up more in the leaderboards and can then claim your desired rewards.
    Note: For the divisions, there is a reward rotation. for example, if you were to get diamond division, you would get the rewards of that rotation from the division you got and the rewards from lower divisions such as gold (besides the banners). And all rewards listed are unique to the division that is right above them. You will not get all these rewards if you get the specific division once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

masters.png Positions #1-#10 Safe Rating 3,200-3,475+
    Masters (as you probably know) is the highest division achievable. It is usually impossible to get because the leaderboard is filled with cheaters and very skilled players. But if you're up for it, then you have to play smart, clean, and do whatever you can to win (besides cheating of course). There are rare seasons (twice a year-ish) where there is no safe masters. Season 16 for example, Childish and Palikka got 9,000 and 7,000 rating. #1 tends to be 3,200 rating, Some people passed that this season, but not many.
    Rewards: Final Smash Kill Effect, Head Rocket Kill Effect, Dragon Rider Victory Dance, 12 Hour 7x Personal Coins Booster, 350,000 Network Experience, 150,000 Skywars Coins, Season [#] Banner + Position, Ender Steve Hat

Diamond v2.png Positions #11-#200 Safe Rating 2,075-2,150+
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Diamond division is what people have the highest demand for because usually people can't get masters. This is where the cheater overflow kicks in. The edge of diamond tends to be around 2k rating, but if you can, go for a few wins more. Blacksmith is a recommended kit at this point as it's almost impossible to beat cheaters otherwise. Clean and camp, or just do the scummiest things to win (NOT CHEATING)
    Rewards: Notes Projectile Trail, Hearts Explosion Kill Effect, Green Star Trail, Magic Box Cage, Sad Puppy Death Cry, Monster Burp Death Cry, Bazinga Death Cry, Grumpy Villager Death Cry, 175,000 Network Experience, 100,000 Skywars Coins, Season [#] Banner + Position, Diamond Steve Hat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold.png Positions #201-#1500 Safe Rating 1,450-1,500
    Gold division is hard to achieve until you get it. Afterwards, it's pretty easy to get. Usually, the seasons where blood explosion is available, the safe is raised. Due to players quitting, the zone has dropped by a bit. Cheaters flow in at about two-thirds of the rating there, so be careful. I recommend scout kit until about 1,400. Then if you haven't gotten gold before going blacksmith at 1,200 instead of 1,400.
    Rewards: Blood Explosion Kill Effect, Hearts Projectile Trail, Guardians Victory Dance, 100,000 Network Experience, 45,000 Skywars Coins, Season [#] Banner + Position, Golden Steve Hat

Iron.png Positions #1,501-#5,000 Safe Rating 1,075+
    I don't have much experience with Iron division since I haven't gotten it in a while, but I'd say it's pretty easy to get. Go scout kit for the whole time. Not many cheaters are around here, and you gain 30+ rating per win. I'm not 100% sure on the rating for this division (or stone and wood). Pretty Easy to get
    Rewards: 50,000 Network Experience, 25,000 Skywars coins, Season [#] Banner + Position, Iron Steve Hat

Stone.png Positions #5,001-#20,000 Safe Rating ~600?
    I haven't gotten stone division before so I'll need feedback on this one and wood. It's not very hard to get this one. You get 250 rating free, and only lose 3-6 rating per loss, so I think you're fine.
    Rewards: 20,000 Network Experience, 15,000 Skywars Coins

Wood.png Positions #20,001-#50,000 Safe Rating 50
    Win once and you got wood division. Only ~40,000 players play a ranked season at this point. Impossible to miss unless you don't play a single ranked game. Win one game and enjoy your sweet sweet wood rewards!
    Rewards: 15,000 Network Experience, 10,000 Skywars Coins, Ender Dragonling Hat

As always if you think anything may be off please comment! I will try and keep this updated according to how the divisions are rolling out each season! More feedback will help make this more accurate so please do leave some if you can! Quote something if you need help with that :D

Hope this could help the people who needed it and again this will not 100% guarantee you will get into that division but these are on the safe side so you should get your desired division. ( you can always go a bit above if you are still a bit hesitant and want to make 99.9% sure )

[​IMG]
    So many people have asked me, "how do I get better at ranked skywars/pvp?" And here is a response to that question.

1. Aim is the key to great pvp. The best way to get the best aim is play with your sensitivity. I would recommend going into UHC duels and just starting at your current sensitivity. If it's above 100% (and your DPI is over 5000, I'll get to that later) Turn down your in-game sensitivity by 1-3% sensitivity down per fight. Yeah, at first you will have trouble aiming some, but after some practice, you will get better with it. Every other fight, bump up your sensitivity a bit. If you have a Razer, Steelseries, or Logitech (There are other brands that make [gaming] mouses with gaming software, I just went over the more popular ones) mouse, then download their softwares and adjust your DPI by about 100 each time. 100 or 200 is a good amout to switch (the minimun change tends to be 50 or 100 so thats why 100DPI isnt that much). If you do adjust the DPI, it will change the aim when you are trying to look at something, but it will also change the GUI speed, and when you're browsing on the internet, so keep that in mind.

2. One thing that is not mandatory AT ALL is jitterclicking. Jitterclicking is a method that allows your hand (and arm) to shake at a fast speed to click very fast. 9+ cps is better than 5-7 cps. You click more times in a second. So you would have less of a time gap in between your clicks if you clicked 9+ rather than clicking 5-7 cps. If you click faster, you reduce your knockback by a tiny bit. This is a thing that you don't have to learn because it might mess up your aim.
    Jitterclicking Tutorial (somewhat):
    3. Learn the game. Aka Gamesense. Remember, you could put some of the best pvpers in the Minecraft community in ranked and they could do terrible. One thing you need to find out is where the mid chests are, so if they're destroyed, you can place it there for first refill. It doesn't matter which way they're facing as long as they're in the same spot they originally were. If you rush mid, find ways to get to mid faster. Learn how to counter other kits. Find strategies. Start playing ranked casually in the beginning of the season or on your little brother's account. Start to learn the game and strategies. also, YouTube videos can help) If you're a fast player and want to use speed and get stacked, go scout.

Strategies F0r Kits:
    Scout

1. Rush Mid ASAP. If it's possible, jump to mid right away, no looting island chests. On Rocky, Mythos, (maybe more maps), you can just jump straight to mid or run into mid. If you can't just jump there, loot one of your island chests, and if there are blocks, immediately rush mid. Don't be afraid to break chests. Just know where to place them to get refill.

2. If there are no blocks in the first chests and mid chests are spread out really far, then you don't need to rush mid immediately and stay at your island and mine the diamonds. You get 100% duplicate diamonds. On some maps there are hidden diamonds (12 diamonds instead of 10).
    Blacksmith
    Just one thing. Look at your books right away and put on all sword enchantments first incase somebody attempts to rush you. Never combine knockback and fire aspect onto one sword. That reduces the knockback you deal. Since you get an iron sword when you spawn, you can put your fire aspect on that and knockback with sharpness, or the other way around.

1. Camp at your island the whole game. Mine your diamonds and wait at your island. I know this will be slow and annoying, but it works. If it comes down to three players and the other two are fighting at mid, clean up or claim a spot to get a refill chest.

2. Enchant and rush mid. Put on your sword enchantments, loot all your chests, and rush mid. Break as many chests as possible without getting attacked. Then camp high up on the map or back on your island.

3. Cerni's tactic (thanks @Outtyshines) Rush mid and take the enchantment table (if there is one. On humidity there is no enchantment table). Head straight back to your island and make a LOT of wooden swords. Enchant them so you get knockback and sharpness. This is so you can get knockback two every game and abuse it. :)

Sub-Strat. Box
    This strat was used by a0e. Put all your books on your gear and head to mid. If you’re stacked, go near a mid chest spot and build a 3x3x2 box so you can crit people out when they try to get in. If it’s a map with many mid chests and not as many people in the game (2 or 3 people left), build a box around one chest. The other people will think you’re inside there. Go to another close mid chest spot and place it. Take the refill loot. You get 2 chests and the other people get 1. You get more pearls (usually) and win.
    Champion:
    1. Now, this kit doesn't have as much use as before, but on the Swamp map specifically, go this kit in case someone rushes you, and get blocks ASAP. Build to mid. Break all the chests and climb up onto one of the arches between two islands. Make sure nobody can knock you off. If one or two players die, then you're good. At ~30 seconds until the first refill, go down to where the mid chest spots are. If you have 3 lava buckets and a water bucket, then go around to 3 spots and make obsidian on it (thanks Sackboy). Make a box around one of the chests in the middle and camp there until refill.

2. Play normally. Loot all your chests and mine your diamonds. Then go middle and go for chests.

Armorer:
    1. loot all your island chests and mine your diamonds. You’ll always end up in 3/4 diamond or full diamond. Go to mid when nobody else is there and enchant your sword to get sharpness. Don’t go armorer on maps with no enchantment table though.

2. Loot your island chests until you get blocks and a sword. Rush mid and get the nearest mid chests and diamonds (if there are any). Grab the enchantment table and either go to a mid chest spot or back your island to enchant your gear and sword. Then play cautiously until the end. Try to clean as much as you can.
    If you prefer other kits, I'm sorry for not putting them in. Tell me strategies you use for those kits if you want me to put them in. thanks! :D
    Tips:

Try to be the only one to get first refill. If you shut off the ability to get to mid for other players, you get pearls and they don't. You automatically win the game.
    Be original. Very rarely do people use the same pvp setups. Just because something works for someone else doesn't mean it'll work for you. Also, you don't have to do things the conventional way. Look at xNestorio, he uses arrow keys and the scroll wheel and he is one of the best/most well-known Minecraft pvpers.

Crafting Diamond Armor:
    You already have a helmet. Then if you have 8+ diamonds make a chestplate.
    You already have a chestplate. If you have 9+ diamonds make helmet and boots. It's better than pants alone. If you have 7 or 8, craft a helmet (I’ll say why later) 6 or less make boots.
    You already have leggings. 8+ diamonds make a chestplate. If less, just make boots.
    You already have boots. 8+ diamonds make a chestplate. If less, then make a helmet or pants.
    The reason you would craft a helmet (when you have 7/8 diamonds on you with a chestplate), or boots when you have 6 or less for other pieces is you can craft a diamond sword with your spare diamonds and enchant (then go on to anvil) the swords and get sharpness 1, 2, or kb.

textrue pax.png
    Here are some texture packs that I think are good for ranked. I've also seen many people use these packs. If you have any I should add, tell me below.

If any ranked veterans (or anyone) have feedback for me or something else I should add, tell me. All feedback will be considered and maybe put in the thread. Thanks!
    (@Upwind made the original thread of this. Again, this is just a revamp since his version is very old, and new updates came out.)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. dlyn

dlyn Well-Known Member

first

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. Nice thread

4. Last season lowest diamond without waiting for bans was 2115

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yep, although I was 2080 rating with #237 but waited for bans and got #200

6. 101DRex

101DRex Well-Known Member

101Drex
    VIP+
    MyGeeks GEEKS
    too many cheaty boyoz smh ngl tbh!!1

7. I actually never go blacksmith and get diamond. It's just about game sense. I use scout and armorer. Pretty much with scout I get 1 chest with blocks then rush mid and go back and mine my diamonds. I usually end up with full diamond or 3/4 diamond. BTW mine the diamonds at mid and enchant ur armor. With armorer I rush mid with a sword and blocks. I enchant my sword and mine the diamonds and get all the mid chests. If im not full diamond I will be when I go back to my island. I hope people can try this strategy out. Thx

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 101DRex

101DRex Well-Known Member

101Drex
    VIP+
    MyGeeks GEEKS
    Hm I seem to find that me winning a game (when I actually try to use my full 6 brain cells) doesnt really depend on my kit. I usually go blacksmith at 1.9k+ because it takes forever to finish doing everything so that I dont get tempted into fighting and then getting cleaned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Meep

Meep Well-Known Member

Meep
    MVP+
    Offensive OFN
    Elite
    id say to at least higher the diamond rating to like 2,100

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Faish

Faish Well-Known Member

Faish
    MVP++
    SuperSquadHQ SUPER
    Officer
    thanks for the reminder

11. Actually, it only reduces the kb you deal by a fair bit, still more than a sword without kb but with fire. And the kb just makes people take more fire damage ticks because it takes longer for them to get back in range of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chqv

chqv Well-Known Member

chqv
    MVP++
    GARNF GARNF
    Officer
    wth I was literally planning to revamp upwind's thread earlier this week :(

13. chqv

chqv Well-Known Member

chqv
    MVP++
    GARNF GARNF
    Officer
    2000 tends to be safe if you are willing to wait a few weeks xd

14. why do we need so many of these

15. chqv

chqv Well-Known Member

chqv
    MVP++
    GARNF GARNF
    Officer
    why do you need so much sass

16. upload_2018-9-28_20-8-14.png
    This man is making m e

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Faish

Faish Well-Known Member

Faish
    MVP++
    SuperSquadHQ SUPER
    Officer
    Notes has higher demand, so I can see why. Ill fix that up :)

18. Faish

Faish Well-Known Member

Faish
    MVP++
    SuperSquadHQ SUPER
    Officer
    I fixed that up for ya :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Faish

Faish Well-Known Member

Faish
    MVP++
    SuperSquadHQ SUPER
    Officer
    I made this thread in February but it didn't get enough attention to get pinned. Just trying to help out the community

20. I'm getting gold this season with 1427 rating, (im pos 981 rn) so you should change the safe rating for the different seasons (e.x: guardians 1420 rating, blood 1570 rating, hearts 1550 rating)