1. So I’ve been learning python for a bit now and was wondering if I needed to know any other languages to make a client like badlion. Also where could I find a tutorial on how to get started

2. Well, Minecraft is coded in Java so I would suggest leaning that.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Learn Java. Minecraft Java Edition is written in Java as the name suggests...

• Like Like x 1
  4. ROD_GOD_ghettos

ROD_GOD_ghettos Well-Known Member

Java tutorial on Youtube

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hiiva

Hiiva Well-Known Member

Hiiva
    MVP+
    Amico AMICO
    GUILDMASTER
    Java obviosly

6. But python is nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Luaq

Luaq Member

luaq
    MVP++
    BRAVO BRAVO
    Python is nice and simple, a good language to start off with. But, it is slow for such a simple language; this isn't just my word, test it yourself.

Run this in Java:
    Code:
    public static void main(String[] args){

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
        for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++){
            System.out.println(i);
        }
        System.out.println("Executed in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime) + " milliseconds.");
    }
    Run this in Python:
    Code:
    import time

get_time_in_milli = lambda: int(round(time.time() * 1000))

start_time = get_time_in_milli()

for i in range(100):
        print(i)

print("Executed in " + str(get_time_in_milli() - start_time) + " milliseconds.")
    (both pieces of code above both written by me)

You will see a pretty large difference in the time it takes to execute (depending on the speed of your computer).
    I learned Python not too long ago, and it is quite handy for simple scripts and ideas, but larger projects should be handled in more efficient languages. That brings me to the answer of this threads' question, you need to learn at least Java in-order to be able to create a Minecraft client. I recommend you use MCP (http://modcoderpack.com/) or MCPBot (http://mcpbot.bspk.rs) and look up a couple tutorials for beginners, it's a little difficult to navigate in sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you like Python, good luck and have fun recreating the new Minecraft Python Edition yourself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Plochem

Plochem Well-Known Member

Plochem
    MVP+
    Chimera CHIMERA
    Python doesn’t make it a pain to do encryption.

10. UserNameChange

UserNameChange Well-Known Member

Learn like Jumbo or maybe Sk1er, I suggest you to see Sk1er's vids, he codes Java stuff.

11. and I code like 15 languages other than java stuff yay

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nuance

Nuance Well-Known Member

GetNuanced
    VIP+
    eh if you code in 15 languages it's very unlikely that you're that far in most of them, right?

13. UserNameChange

UserNameChange Well-Known Member

nice job m8 you did code 15 languages yeah?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not exactly.

15. Meh, frankly mcp is not the best tool for mc clients. While it allows you to directly modify the game's code, any problem you run into while compiling or decompiling can hardly be solved, besides the fact that you don't get to use any build system like Gradle or Maven. If you're getting into clients I'd advise using ForgeGradle for the Gradle build system, and Mixins to get in touch with the game code (which uses ASM, but mixins is fricking awesome).

16. upload_2018-10-9_1-2-21.png

I don't know dude but I think that 1ms is less than 5ms. I could be wrong tho.

*Update:
    I ran the code a few times after replying to this and python returned mostly with 0-1ms while java kept returning 1-3ms. :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. Luaq

Luaq Member

luaq
    MVP++
    BRAVO BRAVO
    This wasn't the case for me, although I could be wrong. I ran the Python in the IDLE and the Java with IntelliJ. That does kind of put Python at a disadvantage. I recommend you try exporting the code and running it.

18. Fam, I just compiled both codes and python was still faster. Not much faster but faster.

19. Deor

Deor Well-Known Member

Murunn
    MVP+
    Family FAMILY
    Nice