1. ari462

ari462 Well-Known Member

Does lowering video settings have any effect other than fps increase? I ask because everything is set to a minimum but I also have fps capped at 60 fps (my monitor couldn't display more anyway). Would increasing the visuals with any of the settings effect anything other than fps, like connection to the server? Or only fps?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. xTootsie

xTootsie Well-Known Member

xTootsie
    MVP+
    Lemon Tree MEMBER
    Only fps.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. lopen

lopen Well-Known Member

lopen
    VIP
    IceSquad MEMBER
    Increasing the settings means lower fps, decreasing means higher fps(exceptions have a message whenever you hover over the setting).
    Nothing else but the fps will affact though

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. MrGamerPro

MrGamerPro Well-Known Member

MrGamerPro
    MVP+
    Set the ones that says "faster" it will give you best experience.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I personally run everything at a fast graphics or the fastest thing possible to make sure I don't frame drop

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yeah, me too. I would rather have nice fps than just nice block textures and stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It only effects your fps. Although changing the settings will make your game look a whole lot worse :p

8. You guys have mipmap, I believe it's called, on 1?

9. I'm quite curious what that does I have it on 0 and it works fine but I don't quite understand it. Sorry for butting in but could you explain what exactly it does I've never been able to quite understand it's use outside of fixing some transparency issues with packs

10. I personally run everything at a fast graphics or the fastest thing possible to make sure I don't frame drop!