• Agree Agree x 3
  2. blaze pet epic

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The second place account is level 91 JS

4. ^
    |
    |

5. Murder mystery tournie next

6. Did anyone even get banned at all? Like I was at 1012 and I find it hard to believe that only 1 person got wiped from the top 1000

7. Well this ended on an interesting note...

8. Flaffs

Flaffs Well-Known Member

Floffe
    MVP+
    Annoy v2 ANNOY
    what’s that

9. GG and no more alts winning please.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Saltiy

Saltiy Well-Known Member

Saltiy
    MVP++
    Beam BEAM
    free pureloor

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Flaffs

Flaffs Well-Known Member

Floffe
    MVP+
    Annoy v2 ANNOY
    Nobody talking how 250 games was way too demanding? With the large spawn protection** games could be up to well over 3 minutes long each 10-14 hours of just game time, not to mention the time it takes to queue each game and wait till it actually starts. Overall we’re looking at 15-16 hours of players being on Hypixel just for the sake of completing the 250 games. Don’t do this again please.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robin

Robin Well-Known Member

rubbin
    MVP++
    oops BIGNUTS
    I feel like the main issue this took so long was because of spawn protection. any good player at master/gm level could probably finish within a minute most of the time if this was normal solo quake spawn prot. Spawn protection just added a lot of wasted time

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Flaffs

Flaffs Well-Known Member

Floffe
    MVP+
    Annoy v2 ANNOY
    Here’s what you should do for the next tournament

1. Whatever the tournament game mode is let the players know, in advance, of the changes in the game style you’re going to propose. If we’d known the spawn protection is this long, we could easily have told you what a bad idea it was and how long games were going to take. Let us know ex’s rly what it’ll be like, and listen to our feedback.

2. Combat the alt issue, especially for solo tournaments. How? Network level requirement so fresh accounts aren’t able to easily join.

To combat this further, the time limit of the tournament must be lowered to no more and no less than 24 hours. Why? If tournaments are roughly 8 hours of gameplay (which we preferred in polls, anywhere from 6-8), it would make it much harder for people to get double or triple alts and complete their games to get on leaderboard, they simply don’t have time. For example, Friday 6 pm to Saturday 6pm should be optimal times for everyone. I understand there are varying time zones, but Hypixel should announce tournament dates at least 2 weeks in advance so players know what to expect and make arrangements to get ready for the 24 hour period.

3. Actually have players you trust (in the council) of various skill levels test the games to their best of their ability weeks before the tournament is announced. I’m not sure how you expect a flawless tournament if you just open it to people and hope for the best. I’m sure you do your own testing, but having the right players test it will work better.

14. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

seanlol
    MVP++
    drops DROPS
    Co-Owner
    misssir shouldnt be able to play on an alt

why did blotterie even play on an alt

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Flaffs

Flaffs Well-Known Member

Floffe
    MVP+
    Annoy v2 ANNOY
    ah yes my bad, that is what I meant not cool down

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  16. Nice! I can’t wait for a future Pixel Painters Tourney! :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. It was a fun tournament, glad everyone had fun!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Pretty knackering playing 250 games of quake in 2 days but got through it. Great fun despite any mishaps. Also #FreePureloor

Treat camping in quake like f5ing in cvc

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Very fun tournament!! Also,
    Main lobby tournament when?

20. I DID IT!!! TOP 100!!! ayyyyyy. thanks to that one ban that dropped me one position :D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1