MVP+
    Amico AMICO
    GUILDMASTER
    Yes

3. Frozenarmy

Frozenarmy Well-Known Member

FrozenArmy
    MVP
    Edit: I misunderstood the suggestion and thought that the suggestion, "remove people below level 15 from the tipping pool", meant the tipping pool of the entire server. So yes, I support changing the code of autotip to make sure it's not being abused by cheaters. Though, I am not sure how the people who keep using the older version of autotip will be affected.

/tip'ing players without boosters was meant to be a gesture that you gave to friends. Maybe you played with your friend and just wanted to be nice and tipped them just to be nice. In my opinion, the motive of tipping players without boosters was along these lines.

Now lets look at the players of the server. If we assume that 5-10% of the server is a under level 15, with these proposed changes, you'd get disabling the ability of hundreds of thousands of players to receive tips. On surface the suggestion makes sense but I don't think it's a good direction to start disabling a lot of things from lower leveled players.

There are alternative solutions to this problem too:
    1) Let the xp that they get from others /tiping them go to a "savings account" where once they get lvl 15 they can redeem all of that xp so it's not lost.
    2) Make a system that detects if a player under lvl 15 is receiving a lot of xp from tipping then they have to get lvl 17~ instead of lvl 15.
    And many others.

You have to try not to hurt the civilians while you're figthing the "bad guys" because hurting innocents isn't good.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Level 15 takes approximately 370k xp
    1k xp every half hour is still over a week of constant tipping
    The bigger issue is the free xp that new players can get from LITERALLY EVERYWHERE for doing almost nothing

5. You misunderstood this this as a server suggestion, it's an announcement that the auto tip devs are making about their mod being changed

6. Oceania

Oceania Active Member

Wut
    that's like the mod hacking the user
    they send tips out automatically but don't get the coins and xp?
    that's like a minecraft virus

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. How do you do that

8. Hiiva

Hiiva Well-Known Member

Hiiva
    MVP+
    Amico AMICO
    GUILDMASTER
    /tip name game

9. Not sure if you read the post. I'm the owner of autotip. This isn't a server suggestion.

10. You receive coins and XP for tipping someone, and also this is a voluntary mod. Not exactly a virus.

11. lopen

lopen Well-Known Member

lopen
    MVP+
    CowSquad COW✪SQD
    Officer
    A level requirement? I can join just fine with my level 9 second account ?

12. There's a minimum for UHC and mega walls now

13. lopen

lopen Well-Known Member

lopen
    MVP+
    CowSquad COW✪SQD
    Officer
    I saw that, but I tried to join those 2 games with my second account(level10) and I can just play those 2 games ;o (Yes I joined via the sign)
    [​IMG]

14. Apparently, it's either temporarily taken down for fixing or players who joined Hypixel before the level requirement aren't affected.

15. lopen

lopen Well-Known Member

lopen
    MVP+
    CowSquad COW✪SQD
    Officer
    Ah that explains it :)

16. Semx11

Semx11 Well-Known Member

Semx11
    MVP+
    The Foundation F
    I just crunched some numbers on the ~4.5k active Autotip users we have.
    I fetched the Network Levels from the API, split up everything in chunks of 15 levels, and got the following data:
    Code:
    min - max  users
    61  - 75:  703
    46  - 60:  670
    31  - 45:  609
    1   - 15:  579
    76  - 90:  542
    16  - 30:  474
    91  - 105: 363
    106 - 120: 228
    121 - 135: 129
    136 - 150: 63
    151 - 165: 59
    166 - 180: 25
    181 - 195: 23
    196 - 210: 9
    241 - 255: 5
    211 - 225: 3
    256 - 270: 2
    286 - 300: 1
    226 - 240: 0
    271 - 285: 0
    total    : 4487
    This means that only 12.9% of all Autotip users will be affected by these changes (most of these accounts are alts).
    It will still work for them, it will still run /tip all (the core functionality of Autotip), and tip other Autotip users (with network level > 15), but they just won't get tipped themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DiggyDonic

DiggyDonic Active Member

They're moving onto skywars anyways. Not only due to the new requirements but also, it takes more time before you get banned.
    Also, according to certain hackers. They've already found a way to bypass this..

#Hype

18. DiggyDonic

DiggyDonic Active Member

Yes, make autotip even more hated than it already is..

19. CylinderKnot

CylinderKnot Well-Known Member

CylinderKnot
    If you have auto-tip, you will tip all online auto-tip users every so often, even if they do not have a booster running.

20. bypasses can easily be fixed, and in skywars, games are a lot shorter and don't matter as much. The problem is UHC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.