1. 0-0

0-0

0-0 Well-Known Member

Rov
    MVP++
    Demon Lounge
    Ever since the superior nerf, everyone has been going crazy. And I won’t say you’re wrong.

I just spent all of my money, including 3 full godly dragon sets, (strong, unstable, wise) as well as an AOTD, just for this superior set. Now you’re telling me it’s just as good as my strong set that I wasted so little on? What?

I get it, it was a bug, but instead of nerfing it, you should’ve kept it. I’ve spent the past 5 days doing roughly 25 dragons, and I didn’t get a single superior. I still got 2 strong, but now that strong is around the same strength as superior, whats the point in the rarity for superior? The dragon is RARE and difficult to get, so the armor should be just as good as it’s rarity. It shouldn’t be the same as a dragon that spawns 8% while it spawns <1%.

Instead of nerfing the set, you could have buffed the rest. Other sets such as Young and Protector need buffs because they are NO WHERE as near decent of a set as anything Wise or above.

You could’ve also bugged other sets that deserve a buff such as Diver and Emerald, seeing as they take a lot of grind to get but are still rendered useless to dragon sets.

Along with this, you could have bugged the mobs in the end, as well as the combat level. Seeing people in the end spending 5 minutes to kill a single Zealot instead of spending that time grinding for better armor/gear is absurd. You shouldn’t be able to jump from early-game /early mid-game all the way to end-game regions instantly. That’s not how it works.

I hope you make a change to this Hypixel, you’re killing your own game. We love you for all that you’ve done, but seriously, listen to the community.

Edit: I got superior yesterday, and got to spend a solid 1 day with it before it was instantly nerfed. Fun.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. Honestly I used to just brush a lot of stuff off and didn't give too much care to the nerfs that Hypixel has done in the past but this really pisses me off

Everything is being nerfed to below the damn ground and I understand that there are bugs and issues yatta yatta but it feels like anything that isn't the best gear in the game now is just meant to be utterly useless

The game just became much less enjoyable for me and for frankly lots of others and it sucks because I was looking forward to Skyblock's potential but if they are gonna keep this up I just don't know

3. They should do like the Smash developers
    Don't nerf the top tiers, just fix the ridiculous stuff (Pichu's pre-3.1.0 F-tilt, Ivysaur's D-air) and buff the low tiers
    It is ideal everything is at the level Pichu, Joker, Snake, Lucina, Ken and Peach are at, not at the level Kirby and Piranha Plant are
    In this case, the Pichus and Kens are pre-patch Superior and Wise
    What they should do is only nerf the ridiculous stuff (the stuff that IS legitimately broken, not the stuff that is just pretty good)
    and buff what is considered weak and worthless

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good thing I bought all other dragon sets for collection purposes instead of superior

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 0-0

0-0

0-0 Well-Known Member

Rov
    MVP++
    Demon Lounge
    I did this too but then I traded it away for superior. Rip money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. For added context:

7. 0-0

0-0

0-0 Well-Known Member

Rov
    MVP++
    Demon Lounge
    I saw this, yes, and I appreciate their ears open to the community. I just hope my suggestion reaches them: “A completely un-biased opinion would be to buff everything else or buff superior but just a tiny bit so that it’s better than strong. Superior is SUPPOSED to be the best, so it should represent that. Not only that, but other sets like Young and Protector deserve a little buff, because they’re useless and irrelevant to other sets.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cthulhu2

Cthulhu2 Active Member

SonshineBoys
    VIP
    Exactly!
    Also any comments on how broken Hero is that fit in that paragraph?

9. Hero is great
    On casual play that is
    His critical hits and RNG make him super scummy for competitive Smash tho
    But he has my favourite ditto by far so far

10. for 1, emerald has been buffed several times, 2. whats the problem with jumping mid game straight to very end game, its the way you progress at this point, 3. they aren't killing their game, on weekeneds skyblock gets half of the entire server population (90-95k on weekends) almost all the time,4. Hypixel staff are listening to the community all the time, for ideas on what to add, bugs to fix, gameplay issues. etc etc. so rethink this entire statement. also, superior set was bugged before this, before this update u never got the 5% bonus, if u look with your 2 eyes you can see the bonus is still there on the set, they fixed the bug so now u get 5% bonus.

11. nvm about the superior set, but its still OVERALL better than strong, because it adds 5% bonus to each stat, growing stronger the higher stats u get. which eventually becomes brokenly strong.

12. 0-0

0-0

0-0 Well-Known Member

Rov
    MVP++
    Demon Lounge
    1) Emerald is still super bad even with the fact that it takes a ton of grind and 600k+ emeralds to make.
    2) I said early game/early mid-game. People are coming here in hardened and lapis, while using silver fangs. They should be taking this time to grind for a better weapon like a Leaping.
    3) People are starting to quit because they're either bored or don't like the changes.
    4) I didn't say they weren't, I just asked for them to listen a little more than usual on big changes.