Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aye!

This is a step in our multi-process update for Arcade! You can check out the status of the whole thing here:
    This is just a proposal and none of these changes are final. Please let us know if you have any concerns or suggestions! :) Here are some proposed player count changes for games.
    Whereas most suggestions are to lower the maximum amount of players a game can hold, the minimum amount of players needed to actually start a game will mostly stay the same.
    The idea is to make it less scary for newer players to join and see them join as e.g. "4/16", without noticing that games can start with even less players than 16. Please let us know what you think about this, whether or not this is a good idea.

Blocking Dead
    24 → 22

Bounty Hunters
    16 → 14

Dragon Wars
    16 → 12

Ender Spleef
    16 → 12

Farm Hunt
    24 → 22

Galaxy Wars
    20 → 18

Hole In The Wall
    16 → 14

Pixel Painters
    22 → 18

Throw Out
    16 → 12

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ChicksPlayz

ChicksPlayz Active Member

animeless
    MVP+
    first?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. ChicksPlayz

ChicksPlayz Active Member

animeless
    MVP+
    I'd say adding a spectator mode for zombies, so there isn't only 4 people in one server. Many people likes to spectate other's games, and adding a spectator mode would be a win-win because first you can techinally make more people "play" the game and I'm sure many people in the community will like it. For how it works, maybe add a button in the Zombies menu, and you can only spectate your Guild Members, Party Members or Friends. If you get the coding correct, you can implent this to many other games too, like Bedwars, Skywars etc. It would be a great leap for Hypixel and I've actually been requesting this for over 3 years now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Pzzaazz

Pzzaazz Member

Can you also adjust the amount of players it needs to drop the timer to 30 seconds?

Right now in Blocking Dead if the player count hits 20 the timer drops to 30 seconds (and the announcement goes out to the lobby) - if the total player number is changed to 22 then the 30 second drop should happen at 18 maybe?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yes, Dragon wars Will be playable again

6. ASW

ASW

ASW Active Member

SupremeSteam
    MVP+
    Goal GOAL
    Co-Owner
    I think it would be quite cramping to the players if you made football 6v6 as it is already cramping with 5v5 sometimes in pro games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Lowering Galaxy Wars to even 10-14 players would be fine. Even with the new resource book update, I still see a ton of people get kicked or just plain quit (ironically they all seem to be on the same team). So in that case, less is more, since I'd rather deal with a 2v5 than a 4v10. Unless there's a plan to update the game so that the teams balance out after the game has started, then I think going as low as possible is the best option.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Please let us know if there's any issues with kicks (or give us a time + instance so we can have a look).

• Like Like x 1
  9. The issue seems to be with players not having the resource pack at the very start of the game, so they get kicked. From what I've seen in most games, the players who get kicked are largely centralized onto one team, making it practically impossible for that team to win. Maybe if there was a way to make them load the pack before they even enter the lobby? Like the resource book would pop up as soon as they click to join the lobby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'll have a look at that "balancing", but that might just be a placebo. What is the kick reason, do you know?

11. In the first video listed below, you'll see the lobby is at 16 players. When the game starts, the defenders have 7 players, the attackers have 9. About 5 seconds after the attackers spawn in (show up on tab), you'll see 1 defender disappear and 3 attackers disappear.

In the second video listed below, you'll see that I have no resource pack. Just like in the first video, 5 seconds after the attackers spawn in, I get kicked. Now the balancing wasn't quite as bad in the videos I had shown, but I've had games where there have been full teams of 10 going up against 2-4 players on the other team. Then on top of that, people start quitting because they realize that they aren't going to even have a chance at winning.

12. NonLivesMatter

NonLivesMatter New Member

I think Bounty Hunters should be 12, not 14.

The rest are fine.

13. I see, looks like I missed that check/kick. I'll remove that when I get the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Had the same thoughts, but I think the map is too big to put it that low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zombies
    4 → 1

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. looks good to me, how many players will be in the new combined party games mode?

18. Perhaps something like this?

The game has a max of 16 people, but it starts at 8, have the join msgs and scoreboard say x/8 until you hit 8, then send a message saying the game will start with 8 but up to 16 can join.

19. Bounty hunters truly needs a smaller map, in conjunction with less players, for it to be a good game, imo

currently you need to run around forever to find a player, so with less player it worsens this. But requiring more players is also bad since it'll never fill, likely due to it being a profoundly uninteresting and poorly-made game. At least change the map. It's also really ugly as well

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. a wild josb appeared

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.