?

Should people be allowed to post montages in the forum section related to that mini-game?

1. Yes

85.8%
  2. No

14.2%
  1. ArasX

ArasX Well-Known Member

ArasX
    MVP++
    montaged GUILDMASTER
    [Simple question]
    Should people be allowed to post montages and game-related videos in the forum section of that mini-game instead of YouTube showcase?

[Story]
    I think a change in the forum policy is necessary so that players can upload montages related to that mini-game in that games section on the forums. Currently, if you do this, someone usually reports your post and gets it moved to YouTube Showcase for being in the "wrong section".

It's the absolute most frustrating thing posting a Montage related to that mini-game and then it being moved to YouTube Showcase (which is beyond dead) because one person decide's to be a forum warrior and trigger people because they don't like them or want to abide by this dumb rule so that that player doesn't gain any recognition for the hard work they put into that Montage. These montages inspire others to play Blitz... so many players from other games and even Blitz have told me that my montages inspire them to play and such things... I'd like to make this poll to see how others feel about discontinuing the policy that pushes montages to "YouTube showcase" section, rather than allowing them to stay in the forums section of that mini-game.

Blitz use to be the most popular game on the server, but has died down over the years. Me and a few other Blitz YouTubers are trying to bring life back through Blitz through montages, but it de-motivates us a lot when our montages get moved to "YouTube Showcase" by some forum warrior. Hundreds of people have spoken about this matter in the past

[Edit]: Hundreds of videos get posted in the YT SC section, where the mini-games don't matter and your video will instantly end up at page 4 or something similar in a few hours. Absolutely zero attention there, especially since no one goes there for BSG.

Look, to those on this side of the forums, you do enjoy BSG don't you? Well, I've been here for 4 years and this game is dying and us small YTers are trying to inspire others to play it through doing YT, but it's not helping when the only section we're trying to inspire can't even see our content because it's pushed to Narnia

[Edit] (2018-07-13) [Potential Fix]:
    @TomcatEvE Can you please follow up with this and add a "Montage section" in the Blitz forums? You spoke about doing this before on this thread. Logically speaking, even other mini-game forum players would love that section so players can post their montages in their respected forum sections without it being pushed to YouTube showcase.
    I don't know a single person who would go to the YouTube section to watch a montage related to their mini-game. In fact, the only time I have ever even been to the YouTube showcase was from the notification that my montage had been moved from the Blitz section to YouTube showcase.

Please implement a pinned "Montage Section" thread in the Blitz game section.
    @Luckykessie
    @TomcatEvE
    @AgentK
    @Dctr

Everyone keep tagging admins so they see and try to resolve this issue in a manner that finally manages to please the Blitz community, who has been persistently trying to revive our game

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 5:17 PM
    • Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. No, keep all videos/montages in one section where everyone can find it.

• Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. YES

my god why wouldn't we it literally relates to the topic of the game lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. rngo85

rngo85 Well-Known Member

rngo85
    MVP++
    Freedom Squad GUILDMASTER
    Well on one side almost nobody will watch your montage on the Youtube section.
    On another side posting on the blitz section or what game you make a montage on can be annoying since many players will do it.

Imo I don't really mind if people post it in the wrong section. (Since it's actually the wrong section)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Really think about it. Have every game section be flooded with videos or only have one unified section for all videos so that those other threads won't be pushed away and get recognized? People say YT section is dead because they don't give it attention themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. ArasX

ArasX Well-Known Member

ArasX
    MVP++
    montaged GUILDMASTER
    You mean the dead section (YT Showcase) where it just gets buried under a million other videos that also receive zero attention?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. You'd rather have the other sections be flooded instead? If people want to look at videos then they go to where they should be posted at or just go to the video site themselves. Besides, why split the potential audience when having one section gets you much more?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RetiredOrphan

RetiredOrphan Well-Known Member

RetiredOrphan
    MVP
    Even if the forums get "flooded", a forum section does NOT have the higher ground over a mini game.

A mini game is MUCH more important than a forum section.

9. In some logic, you do have a point. Perhaps Hypixel could add a new icon for the video showcase section? That way there would be a more visual and eye-catching way to attract more traffic to the video showcase section!

10. RetiredOrphan

RetiredOrphan
    MVP
    This is one of the reasons I stopped uploading gaming content all together(the other reason being my subs not allowing me to upload other games).

I would be 1/2 way through editing a montage and stop because I would realize "It would just get moved". And I'd stop editing it.

I got sick of having to constantly fight off forum warriors getting butt hurt because a video is in a forum section. OH NO :OOOOO!!!!

We don't post our montages for self-promotion, we post our montages to try our best to keep the game alive.

There was an uprise in montages during april, and the game's player count increased.

This month it decreased, and the player count decreased.

BSG Videos are one of last things keeping this game alive.

We need every bit of em.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ArasX

ArasX Well-Known Member

ArasX
    MVP++
    montaged GUILDMASTER
    Hundreds of videos get posted in the YT SC section, where the mini-games don't matter and your video will instantly end up at page 4 or something similar in a few hours. Absolutely zero attention there, especially since no one goes there for BSG.

Look, you do enjoy BSG don't you? Well, I've been here for 4 years and this game is dying and us small YTers are trying to inspire others to play it through doing YT, but it's not helping when the only section we're trying to inspire can't even see our content because it's pushed to Narnia

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. henlo. The only reason I say no is because of the fact that the YouTube Showcase Section exists. If it didn't exist then I would be fine with this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Montages are one of the few things that's keeping blitz alive so +1

• Like Like x 4
  14. no
    the yt section is dead and literally nobody uses besides the uploaders

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I do agree on some level that Hypixel has not done enough to showcase the "showcase" section. It would be great if Hypixel to start highlighting community videos (from non-YT ranked users) on a weekly basis on the home page to grab plenty of attention. I also agree that having a single section without any sub-section makes it extremely difficult to not get shoved behind pages and pages. What would be a compromise would be to have sub-section for every Hypixel game similarly to how the TPL section is organized. That way users can post and search videos in an appropriate section, be less crowded, more organized, and create a sub-community of video creators for each game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Yeah, I don't even know why people complain about that. When you go to the forum section of a specific game you want to be able to find everything related to the game, including useful tips, guides, achievements threads and videos/gameplays of the game. I'll enjoy blitz forums much more if there are more montages/gameplays than if we can only find meme threads not even related to bsg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RetiredOrphan

RetiredOrphan
    MVP
    I actually suggested this awhile back, got absolutely no attention lol

18. Ducking

Ducking Well-Known Member

Ducking
    MVP+
    Cheating OFFICER
    People who complain about the forums being flooded with videos are people who really care way too much lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sueshe

Sueshe Well-Known Member

Sueshe
    MVP+
    Deaf MEMBER
    There are 2 sides.
    For:
    YT showcase is dead and nobody is gonna see it despite being collected.
    Blitz needs these montages
    People in blitz especially actually enjoy the montages

Against:
    Some forums get spammed by low quality stuff and nobody likes it
    Rules

For me at least, I think blitz should allow montages in this one case. Other games are rightfully banned from self promotion as they really will get slammed by bad videos.

20. Ksctdd

Ksctdd Well-Known Member

ksctdd
    MVP+
    Unitas OFFICER
    yes