1. This is really cool wow

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Basically you turned something that someone had already made into something of your own, but it's in a .exe file format. If this were an essay, it'd be plagiarized.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. People are wondering if you 'stole' this idea, but as long as you are giving credit to the original maker and don't make any money of of it, I don't see any harm and I don't think the original maker would be upset. So thanks for trying to help out the community. You could add [WIP] (=work in progress) to the thread title to make it more clear this is not a finished product but you basically used the excel-sheet format and are looking to further improve it.

What I would be really interested in is a feature where you only have to fill in the name of a player and it would show the stats for all of his legendaries and epics. So I just type 'Stuffedbird' and it automatically takes my stats from plancke.nl website and gives me info about how good it is. I don't know if that's possible now or in the future, but it would be very helpful in my opinion. At the moment Plancke shows the weaponstats in the form of an image, so I don't think it's possible at the moment, but maybe you could contact him for possibilities to work this out?

Just some thoughts - not a coder myself so I know nothing of any of this. Good luck improving this tool, but nice job so far. I appreciate that you are trying to help people out and it could potentially clear the forums of all those 'how good is my weapon'- threads, which would be great.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. looks like less features to me. I don't even have to calculate. the values show up automatically even. Plus it has a table where you can self evaluate. But it's coo. I am not trying to trash talk your program, but the other one was done in with code, and does more than yours. js

7. Manou

Manou Well-Known Member

Manou_54
    NEVER...

compare someone elses project whit someones project that is used at stuff like this (Calculation Tool).

He isn't doing this because its "Le An Original Idea", to make use of his coding and giving the community a nice tool. And you can't call him a "copy cat" or his program less usefull because it has "less features", features can come by time. He didn't stole any coding from the first programs developer so everything is ok.

Also seeing comments like "This was done before" or "The other one is better" isn't something a coder would look forward to see...

• Like Like x 1
  8. *facedesk* it has less features that the current ("original"), and the ("original") updates in real time instead of having to press a button. Also, the other ("original") did not state whether the weapon was good, it told you if the stat itself was good. meaning if you were looking for certain things to be good or bad, whether it be speed or whatever, it would tell you. not that those features can't be added, I was just pointing out that currently, there is a nicer setup. I really hope I didn't discourage the creator in any way. This is a great project.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Merci beaucoup ;)

10. Manou

Manou Well-Known Member

Manou_54
    That better.

11. Awesome!

12. You are talking like a experienced player of warlords but if a new player comes it's nicer for him to have an overall judgement on its weapon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I could see that. I still think it would be cool for a individual stat eval tho. Those percents mean nothing to most people

14. Gonna test this out today!

15. creeper092345

creeper092345 Active Member

creeper092345
    VIP+
    Neat! the only things i dont like is the fact that it only tells u good! or bad, etc.
    I think this system could have more grades? for instance from 1-100 100 being the best and maybe a system to tell what range needs reroll

16. Manou

Manou Well-Known Member

Manou_54
    Actually a stat board that gives ranks to certain percentages (40 is sheit, 70 is really good). And telling you to reroll the weapon (5 out of 8 stats are bad, reroll it) would be neat.

17. I already made a range it advices you to reroll and other grades don't look only at the screenshots...

18. I like this. :p

19. Thanks. A very small update has been put online (nothing big but just some modification about the judgement)

20. Seems nice, downloading is kinda risky so you should make it a website