1. These warm summer nights are perfect for looking at the stars, wondering what's still out there for us to find. But what if there was a way to bring the stars closer to us? Well, look no further - welcome to the Observatory.

upload_2019-8-10_18-18-54.png
    The idea: You find yourself back at the dawn of the industrial revolution. But with a murderer at loose and everything going haywire, can you survive the night in one piece?

Pregame lobby:
    upload_2019-8-10_19-57-30.png
    upload_2019-8-10_19-59-38.png

Map:
    upload_2019-8-10_19-57-55.png

upload_2019-8-10_19-58-18.png

upload_2019-8-10_19-58-33.png

upload_2019-8-10_19-58-51.png

upload_2019-8-10_19-59-4.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-1-13.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-2-2.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-0-34.png

Crane trap: for 2 gold, you can pull the levers on each side to drop anyone on the platform into a pit of rats. Has a 5-second cooldown. NOTE: You cannot run along the sides (where the iron bars are - those are blocked off).
    upload_2019-8-10_20-24-49.png

Spark trap: Since electricity is such a recent discovery, unfortunately the reactor isn't very stable. For 3 gold, you can blow a fuse and cause the reactor to go up in sparks, killing anyone within a 3-block radius of it. (Has a 5-second cooldown).

upload_2019-8-10_20-27-2.png

Coffee machine! - The only discovery better than electricity in every way. For 2 gold, you can buy some coffee, which will give you speed I for 30 seconds.

upload_2019-8-10_20-31-4.png
    Did you really think I'd forget the barrier blocks? :p
    upload_2019-8-10_20-30-49.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-14-30.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-30-44.png

On the outskirts of the map, you can find these two little mice playing soccer with a pumpkin.
    upload_2019-8-10_20-22-44.png

This one is for you @Externalizable , the waffles have finally gotten their revenge! :p
    upload_2019-8-10_20-10-24.png

upload_2019-8-10_20-22-31.png

Failing to declare waffles as better than pancakes - the greatest crime of them all :eek:

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed this one! If you liked it, consider checking my other maps out, Tidebreak, Serpent's Lair, and Steamrise (links in my forum signature) <3

OTHER INFO:

Map Builder: Jet711
    Version: 1.8.9 (can be downgraded to 1.8)
    Resource packs: Faithful 1.12 32x32, custom skys edit.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 52
    • Creative Creative x 8
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Mod Emerald Mod Emerald x 1
  2. Congrats on 200! Very nice and beautiful map!

• Like Like x 2
  3. chopin

chopin Active Member

chpn
    MVP+
    CYLTH CLYTH
    Co-Founder
    Very very nice Jet, your builds keep getting better and better! Can't wait to see what you make next :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Yet another great looking map, although I can't imagine the difficulty of chasing the detective around this map or some spots they can camp.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Another outstanding map MM Jet!! I must stay this is one of my top favorites out of your mm maps, amazing job! :D I'm looking forward to your next maps ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The only "campy" spot would be the telescope, but I designed it so it's such a small area and there are areas to duck under from cover fire. The other area I could see being "campy" would be the little hallway behind the paintings, but it's pretty much exactly like the hallway on Towerfall.

Overall though the map features are very similar to Transport v1. I tried to bring back that spaceship nostalgia with the telescope, and the hallways are pretty similar but unique in their own ways, which do allow for easy snipes if within range.

So depending if you play your cards right, then this actually could be an easy win for both sides. That's why you gotta be a little cautious, but it's very doable.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. I don't care about the rest of the map just give me some.
    Just kidding I love this so much :eek:
    I had pancakes this morning and they weren't as good as waffles ;)

Now, during your next map, could you not give me the urge to spam Administrators to add your maps?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Agreed with both of these points :p
    Although I thought we were making a likemountain ;-;

Just curious, if you had to choose ONE map only to spam/have added, which one would you choose?
    I don't think I made this decision easy xD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh dear universe help me

Nope, give me 10 minutes or so.

10. I'll list in order of least to most liked

Serpent's Lair ~ 4th
    Steamrise ~ 3rd
    Tidebreak ~ 2nd
    Observatory ~ 1st
    ??????????? ~ Future 1st ;)

So the answer for now is Observatory

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. LOL I had waffles this morning... better than pancakes for sure.

But this is my favourite of all your maps!!! Great work!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. iance

iance Well-Known Member

iance
    MVP+
    Nightbreakers ELI
    Commander
    very nice dude

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was more so referencing the crane area as a good enough place to camp. The ladder sounds can give away someone climbing them and the length of one side to the other side of the crane pit is long enough for someone to react and move out of the way. It also gives a wide view of the open area to easily see if a murderer exposes themself there.
    I have to say that this map certainly feels better than the other ones you've made in my opinion. It has a nice flow of open areas and hallways where you can cut people off to stop people running endlessly.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Waw, another fantastic looking map :eek:
    What I really like about this one are the unique form and lay-out of the map (of course, as usual joined by very detailed and beautifully constructed surroundings).

Little sidenote: I'm from Belgium, which is basically waffle country since a lot of waffles find their origin here :3

• Like Like x 1
  15. Congratulations of level 200 and awesome job on the map! Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 6v6s

6v6s Active Member

6v6s
    MVP+
    A decent sized and good looking map - geegee

• Like Like x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  17. Bakura1

Bakura1 Well-Known Member

Bakura1
    MVP+
    ArtOfWar ART0W
    OFFICER
    And here I thought you couldn't top Tidebreak, which was already better than most of the maps that we actually do have. But... then you make this map and make me seriously want to do something illegal just to get this map added. I seriously cannot express how great your maps are. They just keep getting better. I seriously respect you as a talented builder. This map is definitely better than like 90% of the maps that we have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Amazing map, like always. I would love it if it was added. +1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. MagicTin

MagicTin Well-Known Member

MagicTin
    MVP+
    Minecon MC
    Officer
    That looks awesome!!! Great work as always! :D