1. Spike_

Spike_ Active Member

Anyone know of a good note block simulator for 1.8.9? :D

2. Spike_

Spike_ Active Member

3. Simulator? As in program to create songs with?

4. Spike_

Spike_ Active Member

Yeah, that!

5. I'd recommend either Open Note Block Studio or Minecraft Note Block Studio.

6. They are pretty much the same thing except open note block studio has more features and is still updated.

7. Spike_

Spike_ Active Member

Will look for them, thanks! Sorry your reply slipped through the cracks ;-;

I have an idea to use the TNT sizzle sound as an open hi-hat, Creeper sizzle as a reverse cymbal, and the TNT explosion sound as a crash. I can use the Chime sound as a ride bell, but I bet I could also mix that with the TNT sizzle for a ride cymbal sound. Do either of the programs you mention allow those options? If you have any experience with those sounds, what are your suggestions? (I am not good with commands, but I theorize it could be done with the /playsound command or something.)

8. Both MNBS and OpenMNBS let you assign sounds to a "custom instrument" directory. Here's a quick guide:
    1. Go to Settings -> Instruments -> Instrument Settings.
    2. Click "Add".
    3. Click "Open Folder" and then navigate to the MC sound that you wish to use (you'll probably have to go to the %appdata% directory to find them)
    4. Rename the instrument in the "Name" column to whatever the true file name of the sound you wish to use is - e.g "block.grass.break" (you can find the true name of the sound files here)
    5. Enjoy the sounds!

9. Spike_

Spike_ Active Member

GOD BLESS YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH