1. Likaos

Likaos Administrator

Likaos
    Admin
    [​IMG]

As part of our summer plans and my first personal addition to Hypixel, today we are releasing a brand new experimental game into the Prototype Lobby. Introducing King of the Hill!

King of the Hill is an intense Team PvP game and I hope that you guys will enjoy this version, I will be reading your feedback, suggestions and bug reports! This has been a favorite game of mine that I've worked on in the past before joining Hypixel and I'm quite excited today to share this new version.

For this summer, our plan is to release tons of updates, new features, new prototype games and guild update (which is doing very well!)- this will be a busy summer for all of us! Please note that after this summer we will be focusing more on updates and slowing down on new prototype games, there should be an announcement in the next few days in regards to this.

▶ What is King of the Hill
    King of the Hill is a game with a simple objective, get on the Hill in the middle of the map and earn points for your team. The first team to reach 1000 points wins the game.

At 999 points, an Overtime starts, and the team needs to be alone on the point during a few seconds to secure the win.

There is also a second objective, the Altars.

[​IMG]

Altars are capture points on the side of the map. Capturing an Altar gives a buff to your entire team, but be careful you will lose the buff next time the enemy team captures it.

Unlike the Hill, Altars do not give you any points, however, your team can easily invade the Hill with those strong buffs.

There are 4 different types of Altars, and 2 of them are randomly selected each game!
    • Power: +25% increased damage
    • Healing: +1 Heart every 3 seconds
    • Speed: +15% movement speed
    • Resistance: +20% reduced damage
    ▶ Perks
    [​IMG]

Everyone has access to a perk menu and can choose 3 perks. You can change your build at any time during the game. Perks are an important part of the game; they can help you turn a situation to your advantage or change your play style.

▶ Shop
    [​IMG]

During the game, you can use Gold to upgrade your gear and purchase powerful items permanently!
    Gold is gained passively every second and by killing enemies.
    The Shop Villager is located in your base.

We hope you will enjoy the game and will be following your feedback in the KotH forum subsection!
    > https://hypixel.net/forums/game-king-of-the-hill.154/ <

In the future weeks, we will be working closely with the community on balancing and new perks. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like x 164
    • Hype Train x 58
    • Dislike x 5
    • Creative x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Useful x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Helper Lapis x 2
    • Admin Diamond x 1
  2. cool :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BeatsDJ

BeatsDJ Well-Known Member

BeatsDJ
    MVP+
    Xecute X
    GUILDMASTER
    [​IMG]
    (I am running out of ideas, send suggestions.)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hi the server dont loging why im from isreal please send to me msg

• Useful x 8
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  5. BulbJake

BulbJake Well-Known Member

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    Gonna try it when I get home from school

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Xtropy

Xtropy Active Member

Xtropy
    VIP
    Slate SLATE
    Wow, this sounds like a ton of fun! Loving how a new game is added with upgrades, finally something to grind for during the game:D

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Looks awesome, especially the perk selection

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Oooh looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for making a new game with upgrade!s! Gonna go play it now,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I swear if this game is 100% cosmetic based once it’s fully released...

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  10. Update dead games like the ones in the classic lobby(maybe get rid of classic lobby), and others that are heading to their grave.

I understand new updates to developing games like this one may bring in the attention of some of the community, but many people have been suggesting to update games that are getting to single player digit count.

Please take this into consideration, I don't expect good ratings upon writing this, thanks.:)

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Heck yes! Great new game!

• Agree Agree x 1

12. eyyy quality work cant wait to try it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds pretty interesting actually. Definitely going to give this a try when I get home! Creative ideas y'all have here with a classic game to make it fresh.

14. Wooo I've played it I love it! <3

15. Polyvalent

Polyvalent Well-Known Member

Polyvalent
    MVP+
    Hey and hype!

I can already tell it's an awesome game, make sure to go test it as soon as possible ;) I'll give you a tip: use the tnt, it's very powerful and it launches people in the air. :rolleyes::cool:

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 3
  16. Do I get to be on page 1?

HYPED

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Simon said on twitter that after the summer they'll slow down on making new games, from the context I assume he means they'll focus on older games

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Tiru

Tiru Well-Known Member

Loggia
    MVP+
    OMG

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. NotAmun