1. TobiasIII

TobiasIII Active Member

TobiasIII
    MVP+
    Am I just delusional or have the pedestals changed? So, as you can see (sorry about the particles obtructing some of the image), the pedestals for 'Solo Mode' and Guess The Build are two blocks and there are an extra 3 empty pedestals. One is on the left of 'Teams Mode', the other us on the right of 'Pro Mode' and the final is between the two. I'm almost certain this wasn't the case previously (also, Hyper mode was one block away on the left of 'Solo Mode', not attached) so could this mean new gamemodes? Usually, in other minigame lobbies, they don't have empty, unused pedestals. 2018-11-08_16.55.09.png

If I'm not either hallucinating or being stupid, what do you think this could mean? What gamemodes are you predicting if they do arrive?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. If they do add more gamemodes I hope there aren't too many, I wouldn't want the gamemodes to become too diluted.

I would like to see some more gamemodes throughout seasons though as Halloween Hypermode was quite enjoyable for me. I have no explanation for the change in the lobby.

• Like Like x 3
  3. If not for you saying Hyper mode was only one block to the left of solo mode, I'd be pretty sure that this is a poor Copy + Paste job where they copied it without air ("-a", in world edit) and it didn't remove the previous pedestals. There are, after all, essentially 5 empty pedestals, which fits Hyper, Solos, Teams, Pro and Guess The Build almost perfectly. But if you're definitely right and Hyper mode was only one block to the left of Solo mode then we may well be seeing a change to the gamemodes they offer. It probably won't be five extra though; just 1, I'd expect. 5 extra when there's currently only 4 would be pushing it a little.

...as for what I'd expect them to add... I'd expect it to be simple - not that severe of a change, like Hyper mode and Pro mode were; just minor little tweaks to the basic features it offers. Even if people were against it, an addition like my recent suggestion for a Fours mode isn't far-fetched for how simple most additions for Build Battle tend to be (but the specifics would probably be way different to what I said. Haha... It'd probably have less time than Solos.).
    Another possibility I'd consider is a Rush/Blitz mode, where people get 2 minutes to build.

4. It was most likely a mistake on the build teams part. Not saying it was a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. This issue has since been fixed. It was a temp bug.

On an unrelated note, build battle updates are coming soon! Can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TobiasIII

TobiasIII Active Member

TobiasIII
    MVP+
    ]

Yep, you're correct. It seems to have been resolved and it probably was a world edit mistake. I like your idea of a two minute game but we really do need some original concepts. I'd personally get tired if all the future gamemodes end up being slight variations on the current ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. True~, but I wouldn't get any hopes up for much different even if you suggest something creative.
    Perhaps they could try a tournament with multiple 2 minute build offs where everyone then votes for each other's build and the top half go through... and so on, but that kind of thing would probably never get added. Too much likelihood that people won't vote fair. =P It'd be worse than the normal Build Battle themes. ...even with names scrambled like in Pro mode, you'd find people super-pooping everything, and the only solution to that is to genuinely punish clearly unfair voting - which they don't want to do...
    Perhaps someone could even suggest a Team Build Battle variation where every player has a solo build, and the teams in it swap their build between each other every 2 minutes. If one of the solo builds win it's a win for the team it's in. The theme would start off with a fairly basic thing, like a creature - anything from a human to a fish to a bear to.. whatever -, or an object - a chair, a pan, and so on -, and then random additional themes would be picked every 2 minutes, like a tophat, a kelt, and so on. Through some pretty simple coding the theme names - like "A frying pan" for the first, "a tophat", for the second, "a kelt" for the third, and "a saxophone" for the fourth - could be combined with connectives to make a full theme name at the end on the scoreboard: Capitalise the first letter, add "with" after variable 1, add a "," after variable 2, and add an "and" after variable 3 - like with "A frying pan with a tophat, a kelt, and a saxophone.". That'd add up to an 8 minutes total build, which is about the same time as Teams!
    Both ideas aren't awful, though tweaking would be preferable ...but I'd doubt they'll add them, right? And- oh- those are what you wanted added; do those ideas help you? ;)

8. I'd love to see another gamemode for Build Battle! If there's more than 1 added, it would spread out the Build Battle player base too much so there would be less people for certain modes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Or if the gamemode ends up being really appealing, it could grow the Build Battle playerbase enough to make up for it. Wouldn't that be nice?

10. TobiasIII

TobiasIII Active Member

TobiasIII
    MVP+
    I wouldn't say they don't want to punish them, it's that it's practically impossible todo so. Why? There are so many what if-s that every once in a while you'll get someone saying "I got banned for voting troll builds super poop!"

There isn't really a way around the voting problem.

11. Well, there aren't many "What ifs" when someone Super-Poops 270+ out of 300 builds in a row. Just having a common broadcast of some reworded form of "Vote fair" without ever mentioning the specific stats required would avoid most people avoiding the issue.

...Not that I meant getting banned. Sorry for being unspecific. I merely meant point-wise, like the common rumour wants.

• Like Like x 1