1. shahed

shahed Well-Known Member

shah3dx
    MVP++
    exxGUILD MEMBER
    I have a solution for all the necroposting that has been taking place. Ready? Here it is:

Lock all threads that haven’t been active in three months. Yep, every single one of them. Have doubts? Ask yourself: is there a single thread that is over three months inactive that you want to bring back for discussion?

For all the threads that have had some activity in the past three months that could still be considered necroposting, just realize: you probably are still preventing over 90% of future necroposts. So give yourself a pat on the back.

/LockAll x > 3 months , object = ‘thread’

2. Necro means that the thread is irrelevant, not specifically for a certain time. No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. shahed

shahed Well-Known Member

shah3dx
    MVP++
    exxGUILD MEMBER
    Even if it’s somewhat relevant after a long time staff usually calls it “long term bumping,” which is still against the rules.

4. That would kill a good chunk of forum games as well as many idea and suggestion threads.

If you can provide a link to where this is written in the rules, then I'd take this suggestion more seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shahed

shahed Well-Known Member

shah3dx
    MVP++
    exxGUILD MEMBER
    I sent you a pm. A mod told me that long term bumping isn’t allowed.

6. Don't understand why a PM was necessary as it didn't contain any personal or sensitive information, but I'll still respond to it.

7. SpeedyMarios

SpeedyMarios Well-Known Member

SpeedyMarios
    MVP+
    Or THREADS that do not hold any relevancy after 2 weeks

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  8. shahed

shahed Well-Known Member

shah3dx
    MVP++
    exxGUILD MEMBER
    Oh wow, I was willing to give at least some threads a chance but if you want to go there then sure!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Teddy

Teddy Fuzzy Bear Mod | Forum Team

Teddy
    Mod
    Lemon Tree OFFICER
    I’ve seen threads that are over a year old that are still relavent. Necro posting has a lot more to do with relavence than age, and while locking threads over 3 months old might save some time for staff, it would end the possiblity of discussion on old threads that are still relavent such as old guides that got revived, old suggestions that could still be added, and as such I personally believe it’s better to leave threads open and just lock them if they end up getting necroed :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. shahed

shahed Well-Known Member

shah3dx
    MVP++
    exxGUILD MEMBER
    The part about old suggestions being added, that’s something I didn’t even think about. Then yeah, I agree that not all older threads should be locked. And I guess it’s difficult to manually check all older threads one by one to decide which ones could be possible suggestions lol.

• Like Like x 1