1. Is Hypixel ready for minecraft 1.9? If so, what changes are you going to make, when is it going to come into play?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jammerjab

Jammerjab Well-Known Member

I actually made a thread just like this, and some people said yes, and some people said no, so noone know :p

3. They will update, but will toggle off the PVP and stuff

• Like Like x 2
  4. I really hope elytra are added to skywars!
    It would make a really cool addition to the gameplay :D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MiniWalls

MiniWalls Active Member

MiniWalls
    MVP+
    I really hope if hypixel adds 1.9 they add blocking remove duelwielding and stuff cuz they suck hard..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blockhitting is a glitch exploit that should have been removed long ago. There is no reason to keep it. And what's wrong with offhand? It's just a convenience feature.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I hope all PvP games stay how they are now, just imagine Skywars 1.9 game:

Tipped arrows.
    insta damage arrow spam time!!!;

Lingering potions.
    your mega mode team is going to another island. Enemy throws lingering potions of insta damage.

Elytra.
    Team with Cannoneer and elytra-kit: OP... Lauches you to air with kaboom, and then just glide to middle.

Shields.
    Pls no.

Spawn Shulker from chests.
    Haha, now u can't get to mid!!

Maps overusing new blocks.
    I hate those maps!

Deal with those in 1.9, The (worse) Combat Update

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. xxm

xxm

xxm Well-Known Member

Rahkt
    MVP+
  9. Caidicus

Caidicus Well-Known Member

Caidicus
    MVP+
    They will update, but they are going to disable most of the 1.9 features for the older games(unless something is HEAVILY requested by the community, or is needed for a class/kit/whatever) and make new games that have 1.9 mechanics.

With how stubborn the mega walls/blitz community is, they will potentially never have an update with 1.9 features.

10. Thyras

Thyras Well-Known Member

Thyras
    MVP+
    It's not like they weren't obligated to use this item.

It's not like they weren't obligated to use this item.

While flying, your Elytra will start loosing durability, so they can put an extremely low amount of durability so it is not op.
    Also, it's not like they weren't obligated to use this item.

People complain about the new arrows being too op, and yet, they complain about a simple way to counter them.
    Also, do you realize the shield block less and less damage if you are holding right click with it for too long ? And do you realize you can still hit the player while he is blocking with his shield ? Also, it's not like they weren't obligated to use this item. /s

It's not like they weren't obligated to use theses.

True.

That would be cool indeed, but only for a specific mode, as it could be really broken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. @SpooderLord

Tipped arrows.
    insta damage arrow spam time!!!; If you played with this, you'd know that the arrow hits first, making the player have invincibility frames, so the instant damage does NOTHING. Tipped arrows aren't SUPER OP. (Only Poison arrows are OP)

Lingering potions.
    your mega mode team is going to another island. Enemy throws lingering potions of insta damage.
    Again, if you played with this, you'd know that instant damage lingering potions do 1/4 of the normal damage they'd do as splash, and after someone hitting the lingering cloud 4 times or after 15-20 seconds, the cloud goes away.

Elytra.
    Team with Cannoneer and elytra-kit: OP... Lauches you to air with kaboom, and then just glide to middle.
    That's why I was thinking it should be in normal mode at mid, or MAYBE in insane mode starting chests. But then it would have an offset on the armor, like when you get Power III bow, you have not even a full set of IRON armor usually (unless you have insane luck)

Shields.
    Pls no.
    Axes disable shields. And they only block 2/3s of damage, and if you switch to your sword to block-hit like ye olden days of yore, you have to wait for your sword to re-charge and so you don't deal any damage (or, at least, very little)

Spawn Shulker from chests.
    Haha, now u can't get to mid!!
    Shulkers are easy to kill, and their shots can be hit with anything to kill the shot. Also, the projectiles give you levitation, so you could FLY to mid because of a shulker. Why would they want that?

Maps overusing new blocks.
    I hate those maps!
    Hypixel's good at making nice maps, and so I don't believe for ONE MOMENT that they'd overuse the new blocks. If anything, you'll just see more and better new maps with cool 1.9 blocks in them.

Deal with those in 1.9, The (worse) Combat Update
    1.9, The Combat Update, being supported by Hypixel 4-5 days after it's release. Nothing you do can change that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MiniWalls

MiniWalls Active Member

MiniWalls
    MVP+
    With extra hand its going to be stupid.. Its so pointles since (if i remember right) with the other hand u couldnt attack but only right click and the point of that is nothing its useles... Only thing it does it annoys when ppl will start fishing rod spam u and hitting u same time so u take alot of kb...

If it was bug it was great bug. The best bug they made to minecraft. But i cant really belive it was 100% bug u cant code something that wrong. Think about game modes like blitz and mw that everyone USED to love before updates but lets not talk about them. But if there was no block hitting think about mw no main skills that game wouldnä not have been ever greated and think about all blitz players if u couldnt block hit imagine horse x when it had sharp 1 dia axe and if u couldnt block hit u were doomed by their axe. So block hitting is the best thing ever. I dont hate the whole 1.9 update but the 1.9 and 1.8 were mainly designed for single player. As u might remember basically someone could have got op if Hypixel didnt have some security by the cheat client that u could execute commands by using signs. Why did that happen? Because they made 1.8 that had some pvp changes but they didnt think about multiplayer servers.. and for like 1.9 they are going to remove blocking that was used for alot of games on other servers. And the plugin mcmmo has been so well made and took so long time but it uses right clicking too.

For final note just general 1.9 it isnt good update maybe could be better if they added block hitting. But they havent released it yet so hard to compare it.

And im super tired so this might be confusing :)

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

LiterallyFabian
    MVP+
    r4wr RAWR
    u cant get insta damage rip ):

15. Sans

Sans Well-Known Member

They made it into a proper feature with shields. Oh wait...
    Guess you want to make a paradox.
    Then accept shields and duel wielding. Yay you got block hit back! (In feature form)
    That was fixed by mojang and required creative for it to work.
    Not true. They wanted map makers to be able to make ther!maps much better and some maps like adventure lobby required this.
    They did add block hitting. Accept shields and duel wielding and you'll have it.

Block hitting blocked %50 DMG and kept constant attack DMG.
    Shields block %66 (?) DMG all it goes down the longer you block. I know you take more kncokback from this but besides that it's the same with cooldown.

Maybe hypixel can make %50 DMG for shields and the community will just shut up?
    (Now you can block hit with axes and disable block hitting, isn't that great?)

16. 1) You can't use both hands at the same time, and fishing rod kb was removed anyway.
    2) It's amazing for mapmaking and convenience.
    Plugins not require the sword to have a right-click effect to work. After all, axes don't have a right-click effect but McMMOs can still detect it, can they not? That is not true in the slightest.
    Blockhitting is the worst thing ever. It is unfair, since its effectiveness depends on lag to work (since the computer is not supposed to be able to register both clicks at the same time unless there is lag). Sure, it helps kill hackers but it also gives unfair disadvantages to computers which cannot register both hits at the same time. I really think that Hypixel should have removed blockhitting (not that hard actually, making players take double damage while blocking would have solved the problem) a long time ago. If Hypixel makes blockhitting still a thing in 1.9, I will never play any vanilla pvp combat games ever again.

17. Wanderer

Wanderer Well-Known Member

rainuke
    MVP+
    I am an old man and I don't want change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MiniWalls

MiniWalls Active Member

MiniWalls
    MVP+
    Ur right but still hate 1.9..