?

Would you like to see Serenity on the Hypixel Network?

1. Yes

421 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. Maybe

19 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Serenity
    MegaWalls Map
    Builders: Zolltar (TyroneTheGoat), Killian
    Minigame: MegaWalls

Screenshots:

Middle:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red Side:
    [​IMG]
    Underground Middle:
    [​IMG]
    Custom Lobby:
    [​IMG]

Full Albums:

Shaders: Click Here
    Vanilla: Click Here

Please note that some of the screenshots and the cinematic video may become outdated as the map is updated. Please look below in the updates section of this forum to see new screenshots of the map as it's changed.
    Last Album update: 8/2/15

Cinematic Video:

Fly Through Video:

I would like to apologize for my poor editing skills on both of the videos XD

About Serenity:

We originally started on this map as a Frozen V2, however, after not working on it for a bit we realized that MegaWalls doesn't have an oriental style map like other games on the server. Thus, Serenity was born. We modeled the Wither room after the Forbidden City in Beijing, and the middle tower after a traditional Chinese octagon. We made the map with the hope that the unique structures and natural surroundings would bring new and exciting gameplay. We hope that you like what you see, and if you do please vote up top. If not, feel free to leave constructive criticism down in the comments.

Other Information:
    Map dimensions follow those of current map's dimensions, and sponge has been placed for ore generation. Other than that, please vote on the poll if you would like to see this map added to the Hypixel network!

Inspiration and Suggested Game play Map:

Inspiration:
    Wither room:
    Forbidden City (Beijing)
    [​IMG]
    Build:
    [​IMG]
    Tower:
    Traditional Oriental Tower:
    [​IMG]
    Build:
    [​IMG]
    Wall:
    Oriental Garden Wall:
    [​IMG]
    Build:
    [​IMG]
    Middle Tower:
    Chinese Pagoda:
    [​IMG]
    Build:
    [​IMG]

Suggested Game play and Routes Map:
    [​IMG]

Rushing Routes Video:
    (Clips go in order 1 thru 7)
    Audio clip in the video is of one of our freind's younger brother yelling at him and we thought it was too good to cut out XD

Route 1: This is rushing route that a player should take if rushing the team from the left side of the map. With a couple blocks a player is able to scale the wall a build a small bridge between the wall and the roof of the house. With a small jump from the roof to the elevated ground with trees, the player is able to easily rush the wither from the left side.
    [​IMG]

Route 2: This route is the main route to rush the wither. It goes from the main gate straight through the base to the wither room. This route is the quickest of them all, but players will most likely get caught up in combat while trying to get there.
    [​IMG]

Route 3: This is an alternative route to route #2 if a player does not have the blocks to scale the wall and follow route #1 they can use the left gate to gain access to the base. Running through the gate and by the lake allows the player to quickly get to the wither room without using the main gate or blocks.
    [​IMG]

Route 4: This route can not be clearly seen from the above ground screenshot of the map, however, this is the route used by players who choose the secondary underground path to rush the wither. This path leads to the cave entrance by the waterfall and close to the wither room's stairs. This is is the suggested route to avoid conflict below ground if the main underground rushing stairs are defended.
    [​IMG]

Route 5: This route is most likely going to be the least used route to rush the wither. The terrain on the right side of the wither room is steeper and harder to climb making it harder for players to get quick access to the wither like other rushing routes.
    [​IMG]

Route 6: This route is suggested if you are farming kills in the mines of a team's base and want to get a few wither coins. Coming up from the mines near the team's spawn gives you two choices. First being to go to the stairs in route #2, or to follow route #5 if players are blocking the way to the stairs.
    [​IMG]

Route 7 (Not Pictured): This is the main underground rushing route. Following the caves in a team's mines straight back will lead a player to a set of stairs similar to those in Forsaken. These stairs will take the player directly to the wither room. This is the suggested underground rushing route, assuming that the stairs or not heavily defended or blockaded.
    [​IMG]

Updates:
    06/30/15
    Wither area was updated to look more "destroyed".
    [​IMG]

2 more trees were added to middle.
    [​IMG]

Cinematic video was uploaded! I apologize for my poor editing skills, but it's better than nothing!

Hope you all enjoy!
    07/19/15

Lake was significantly shrunk in each team's base:
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    Tunnel was added from mines to waterfall by lake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Walkway in mines was widened.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    7/27/15
    Ground near spawn was raised by one block.
    [​IMG]
    House with hay bales was given a "face lift".
    [​IMG]
    Here's a random pretty picture that I found in my screenshots. :)
    [​IMG]
    7/31/15
    Markers for each team in underground middle updated.
    [​IMG]
    8/1/15 (Sarcastic Update)
    Huge amount of grass was removed from both middle and each team's base. Despite how aesthetically pleasing it may be; it is not good for combat situations.
    Middle:
    Nearly all of the grass was removed from middle. However, grass was left on the center island with the building and within 5 blocks of the trees in the corners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Quadrants:
    All grass was removed from main rushing routes and the major combat areas. Grass was left in corners and near the house, as well as a reduced amount on the sides of the hills.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Terrain on the left side of the wither room was redone to make it easier to get to the room.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    Terrain behind the house was made less steep for players who want to attempt to fight rushers using Route #1.
    [​IMG]
    Video of the Rushing routes was added.
    (See Suggested Ganeplay and Route Map for full information on Rushing Routes)
    (Clips go in order 1 thru 7)
    Audio clip in the video is of one of our freind's younger brother yelling at him and we thought it was too good to cut out XD
    8/2/15
    Pond above the lake was lowered by two blocks to ensure that if players attempted to flood the map the water would not be able to reach the gates or main pvp areas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8/5/15
    Mountain walls finally updated. Put it on the back burner for too long, but it's done now! I smoothed out a few things and redid the corners!
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The front left corner of every team's base was redone to make it easier from players to climb the hill to the tower and to add a new cave. This new cave (See in pictures) provides rushers direct access to each team's mines and a quicker path to underground rushing routes.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A Groopo head was also hidden in each teams's quadrant so if accepted Forsaken is no longer the only map that players can complete the Groopo Head achievements.
    9/26/15
    Complete revamp of underground mid:
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reorganized diamonds at top mid: (12 diamond ore + 1 diamond sword total in map)
    [​IMG]
    Minor touch up of paths in bases:
    [​IMG]
    I hesitate to say it, but I believe that I can say this map is basically complete. :)

Thank you for looking!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 168
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 7
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. HOLY S**T THIS IS BEAST

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. BobertJ

BobertJ Active Member

BobertJ
    MVP+
    Telepathy MEMBER
    Awsome

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Wirii

Wirii Well-Known Member

Wirileaf
    MVP+
    Pedantism GUILDMASTER
    Looks cool.

5. LeapWinCeCat

LeapWinCeCat New Member

Trash
    Hope you all enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks pretty cool!

7. Cbrotherb

Cbrotherb Well-Known Member

Cbrotherb
    MVP+
    That's so amazing! I'd totally play on it! MW Hamani lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DrNose

DrNose Helper

DrNose
    Helper
    Raid MEMBER
    That's a really nice map, would love to see this implemented :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tezno

Tezno Well-Known Member

Tezno
    MVP
    Recoil OFFICER
    Incredible work zoll!

10. Mining_Crafter

Mining_Crafter Well-Known Member

Beutiful. You are one talented builder.

I really think this should be added.

11. Looks great!
    Though, I have no idea how game play would flow on this map. :L

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Looks amazing!

Nice work! :D

13. amazing pls add

14. LeapWinCeCat

LeapWinCeCat New Member

Trash
    what about me :(

15. hotroddan

hotroddan Member

hotroddan
    VIP
    wow really cool!

16. I don't even don't where to start. This is amazing. Its all detailed, the landscape (mountains), buildings, everything! Its so eye appealing and such a innovative and fun build design and style. Great work and hope it gets added!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. mazza01

mazza01 New Member

Mazza_01
    WOW! This is so nice!

18. I'd play this map any day.
    It's awesome.

19. LeapWinCeCat

LeapWinCeCat New Member

Trash
    We will add a cinematics video and i will also record a small video to show what you can do with some of the gameplay and explain certain areas of the map