Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothing in this thread is final, please provide your feedback in the replies below.

The Mega Skywars experience has become quite stale in terms of kit variability and general gameplay, in the upcoming Skywars update we plan to change this. In order to do so, Mega mode needs some major changes to both kits and chest loot. The Hypixel Council, as well as myself, have been searching through player feedback and ideas in order to come up with a potential solution. Now we need your help, we want your feedback on the ideas and changes we've come up in order to fine tune our proposal or rethink it entirely if needed.

Changes will be colored in black while reasonings will be colored in blue.

General Changes
    • Mobs placed from mob eggs are immune to fall damage
    • Buff the wall of death so it does much more damage later in the game
    Currently you can eat golden apples and easily stall the game in order to achieve a draw, this is not intentional and not fun for players.
    • Add in an Island Refill at 30s, no projectiles will be refilled
    Often times one or two players will grab all of the loot or the blocks and you will be trapped on your island with nothing to do but wait. This change will allow you to get gear slightly later in the game if you missed the initial rush and grab blocks if you're missing them.
    • At 60 players begin start timer at 5 minutes
      • At 80 players drop start timer to 60 seconds
        • At 100 players drop start timer to 10 seconds
    • Ensure at any player count FULL teams are properly distributed
    During off peak hours late in the night for most American players Mega Skywars games do not start due to lack of players. This change will allow the game to start at reduced players while still populating teams with 5 players. This means 5 man parties will not gain an advantage but some islands may be left with no players.

Chest Loot Changes - Island Loot
    • Change bows to be unenchanted
    Currently, bows in the early game are much too strong and take away from the kits that provide bows.
    • Change all stacks of blocks to 32, each chest guaranteed blocks
    In many cases after looting one or two chests you do not have the blocks necessary in order to build to mid and often get stranded on your island. With all stacks of blocks being a minimum of 32 and them being guaranteed, this should no longer be an issue.

Chest Loot Changes - Mid Loot

• Diamond helmet (Protection IV) > Diamond Helmet (Protection II, Respiration III, Aqua Affinity I)
    • Diamond Chestplate (Protection IV) > Diamond Chestplate (Protection II)
    • Diamond Chestplate (Projectile Protection III) > Diamond Leggings (Projectile Protection III)
    One of the major flaws in the current Mega Skywars loot system is the armor differential, the difference between armor levels of two people. The people who can find enough armor to complete their set will almost always win over someone missing one piece of gear due to the strength of armor in comparison to missing a piece. For example, if you're missing your helmet and fighting someone in a full set of gear you will most likely lose the fight even if you get more hits off. These changes aim to slightly reduce the strength of mid gear but better distribute protection levels and enchanted gear in general. The addition of diamond pants to mid loot is much needed and because it buffs the armorer kits, the armorer kit will be nerfed accordingly in the next section.
    • Diamond Axe (Efficiency III) > Diamond Axe (Efficiency III, Fire Aspect I)
    • Diamond Sword (Sharpness I, Fire Aspect II) > Diamond Sword (Sharpness II)
    • Guarantee either armor piece or weapon from each mid chest.
    Right now you either find a god sword at mid or find no sword at all, guaranteeing either a weapon or armor piece should help to balance fights at mid and ensure more players have mid gear. The change to remove fire aspect from the diamond sword and instead add it to the diamond axe will add more skill to fighting as many players will be hotkeying to a fire weapon and also gives a good indication of the strength of a player's weapon from afar. For example, with these changes you will know if a player has a fire weapon if you see them holding a diamond axe which may prompt you to drink the fire resistance potion you've been saving.
    • Best bow at mid (Power III)
    This change aims to increase the strength of bow kits which have been heavily underused in the current meta.

Balancing

The current metagame for kits has become very stale with most players adopting the strategy of 4 Armorers and 1 cannoneer. These changes aim to nerf Armorer and make many more kits viable for use. These balancing changes are heavily related to the changes to mid loot so for example, the large nerf to Armorer is slightly offset by the addition of Diamond Pants to mid loot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like x 134
    • Hype Train x 28
    • Agree x 9
    • Dislike x 4
    • Creative x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Helper Lapis x 1
  2. Looks exciting

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 6
  3. Why play mega when u can play ranked ;)

• Funny x 18
    • Like x 8
    • Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  4. Mirke

Mirke Well-Known Member

Mirked
    Paladin V apple has regen 3 for 20 seconds? Talk about back from the dead!

Also make the skeletons in skeletor impervious to fall DMG, as thats the main way they die.

EDIT: THANKS FOR THE DIAMOND I LOVE YOU.

and thanks for adding my idea, that's super

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    • Like x 12
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Admin Diamond x 1
  5. It currently has regen III for 20 seconds, the proposal simply removes the slowness on the apple.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  6. Mirke

Mirke Well-Known Member

Mirked
    O dang, thank you clearing that up fam! Any idea on the skeletor kit tho?

7. Good idea, added

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mirke

Mirke Well-Known Member

Mirked
    yay lol

begs for helper lapis

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Armourer has needed a nerf for a long time, and so had mid loot. I hope this makes it to the skywars update :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pred4tau

Pred4tau Active Member

Pred4tau
    MVP+
    Infamy MEMBER
    O nice, maybe this will make mega fun again? (All we need now is to get rid of the bhoppers but hey at least they can't get as stacked I guess?)

• Like Like x 2
  11. These ideas are very good and i really like them! All the nerfs and buffs are great and much needed. Hopefully these will be added in the new update!

• Like Like x 4
  12. KAD7

KAD7 Well-Known Member

KAD7
    MVP+
    SkyLegion MEMBER
    I like these changes, surely will make mega more fun and balanced.

Generally I would like to see less lag in the game, ik you can't do much about fps lag as that is people computers but I have experienced server lag at the start of mega games. Hits not registering, players teleporting. I think this needs some improvement, idk how, but would be nice to see.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I dont understand why lowering the Armourer Armor. This basically makes this kit almost achieveable by getting diamond chestplate and boots in your island chests, and enchanting them from the table that might be provided as well. Having this kit was essential for getting past a group of teams and easily killing them

As for the Prot II Diamond Chestplate from Mid: Again, easily achieveable by enchantment table (8 levels provides chance to get Prot II) which completly ruins the middle chestplate. Maybe Prot III would be better, as it is still weakened but is better than an achieveable one via enchantment table.

Adding pants is a unique idea

As for the Sharp II Sword, thats much harder to achieve via enchantment table, but still getting with 8 levels. Ive gotten up to Sharp II KB I from the enchantment table, now better than the mid sword. Also, Sharp II with that perk that makes your sword gets +1 level of sharpness nearly every kill? That can be kinda OP. Also, Sharp II can now be gotten if you nerf the Armoursmith kit. Since it will give you Sharp I book, you can combine it with the Sharp I swords provided on your island with the anvil.

Scout with blocks? Yes. It makes it more balanced in my opinion on a rushing kit, not just cannoneer

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Boogiedop

Boogiedop Well-Known Member

Boogei
    MVP+
    oops OFFICER
    this was much needed.
    i agree with all of the changes, but maybe slightly reduce the chance to get fire resistance potions in island chests so that knight's flint and steel will be more useful?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Now we just need a enchanter kit with bookshelves, and xp from mining ore (please add xp from mining diamonds / coal it's lost when you get mining experience)

• Like Like x 3
  16. I mean "La Di Da, my friends!" I love these new nerfs and additions, and I see nothing that displeases me! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Plus haste at start perk too please

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Herc

Herc Well-Known Member

iHerc
    MVP+
    Infamy GUILDMASTER
    "too much strong" lolol

• Like Like x 3
    • Wat Wat x 1
  19. Also can you give your skeletons equipment as skeletor that was my only problem with it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mirke

Mirke Well-Known Member

Mirked
    everyone makes mistakes :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.