1. We have already started but you can still sign up as a backup!

This is a story of good and evil. Of conflict, great and small.

However, it is primarily a story about the world. Here it comes now. Watch closely, the special effects are quite expensive.

A bass note sounds. It is a deep, vibrating chord that hints that the brass section may break in at any moment with a fanfare for the cosmos, because the scene is the blackness of deep space with a few stars glittering like the dandruff on the shoulders of God.

Then it comes into view overhead, bigger than the biggest, most unpleasantly armed starcruiser in the imagination of a three-ring filmmaker: a Insert appropriate world here,

ten thousand miles long. It is Mafia Music World, one of the square from a universe where things are less as they are and more like people imagine them to.
    As the viewpoint swings around, the whole of the world can be seen by the light of its tiny orbiting sun. There are continents, archipelagos, seas, deserts, mountain ranges, and even a tiny ice cap. you now continue however you want about the inhabitants.

-written by The_Machine_5000

-Probably messed up by TheDominato37

Welcome to mafia VI

I am your overlord, I mean mod for this game. Mafia is a game that originated as a card game dozens of years ago and has derived into many other games including the popular the game Town of Salem. This game has been brought to this site by @Aeronaeus and has grown into a great community in the past couple months

What is mafia?
    To put very simply, Mafia is a game of lying, deception, subterfuge, and trickery. Every player will need to be ready to lie, extort other players, and do whatever is necessary (within the rules!) to stay alive and win the game.

To elaborate, the game is divided into two main teams: the town and mafia. Mafia know who each other are and can coordinate their actions privately. The goal of the mafia is to kill the town until they have the majority, while the Town needs to figure out who the Mafia is, and kill them.

Townies on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more townies than mafia; usually the ratio is 1 mafia for every 3 townies. In other words, Mafia is a game of an informed minority against an uninformed majority. Can the mafia use its superior organization and knowledge to lead the town astray? Or can the town figure out the mafia and kill them before their numbers advantage runs out? That, my friends, is the question that will be answered over the course of this game.

Neutrals are people that are outside of the two main groups and usually they each have a specific requirement for winning. Just because they are neutral does not mean they are affiliated with each other. Think of a neutral as an individual third party.

At the beginning of the game you will be PM’ed your role by me. This PM will have any specifics about your role, and it is here you may ask me any questions about your role. It’s important that you don’t share your role with everyone else though! The game is divided into two repeating cycles: day and night. Day will last for approximately 48 hours and will revolve around deciding a lynch target by means of voting. Each player will discuss their suspicions, and try to decide who they can trust, during this day phase. Every player in the game gets one vote (or two if they have a role effect that allows them to vote twice) and each player must argue and convince the other players to lynch their target. At the end of the day if someone has over half of the players' votes they will be lynched. Certain modifiers change the amount of votes someone needs to be lynched. If, for this reason, their are two candidates for the lynch, whoever has the highest vote count is lynched. When a player is lynched; their alignment and role is revealed and they are kicked from the game (unless they have a role effect that says otherwise). The majority of the action in the game takes place during the day phase.

Night is 24 hours long and is reserved for private actions. Any player in the game that has an ability (such as mafia kills, detective checks, medic protections, etc.) can use their power in this phase. During this time you may speak, but you may not strategize (unless your alignment has a special chat that says otherwise). Night serves as downtime from the emotionally charged days. After the night ends, a day post comes up with the results of who dies. After the day post, the discussion for lynch begins anew.

Once there is a winner, everyone can talk freely about the game, and I will be handing out some virtual bragging-rights awards :3
    NOTE: MAFIA IS A GAME OF LYING, MANIPULATION AND TRICKERY. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE TO LIE TO YOU AND/OR DISTRUST YOU, PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM THIS GAME

Rules!

Returning players please take a look at because there maybe changes

-All players remain respectful to each other. Mafia can get very heated at times, but it is important that players remember that this is a game. Any personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

-Players do not talk about Mafia outside of the Mafia thread. This means no PM’ing each other to make alliances or discuss the game. All posts about Mafia must remain within threads I state are to be used for the game. Players found to be secretly communicating will be immediately banned from the game. However, if you have died and wish to make a private conversation about the game with your other dead friends, you may request one and I will make it.

-There will be no discussion at all during the night stage both in and off topic. If you wish to speak off topic during the night I will set up a banter pm. If you do break this rule you will get a warning token. If you get 3 warning tokens you will be modkilled or replaced.

-You may NOT quote or post pictures of PMs I send you or of any private chats. Doing this will result in a modkill.

-You may NOT edit any of your posts, even if you make a big mistake. Period. If you have something else to say, put it in a separate post. If you do, you will be given a Warning Token.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. To unvote a player, use [UNVOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE]. [VOTE] NoLynch [/VOTE] is to be used when you do not wish to lynch anyone. IF YOU DO NOT VOTE IN A DAY YOU WILL GET A WARNING TOKEN! Note: there is no need to write your votes in bold.

-Try not to go inactive. To enforce I will require that you post once in every day cycle. If you miss a day cycle you will receive one Warning Token unless you have stated that you will be offline for that specific period of time.

-If at any time you have three Warning Tokens, you will either be replaced by the next person on the back-up list, or you will be mod-killed (If no back-ups are left).

-All forum rules apply here (duh).

-If you ever have any questions, shoot me a PM. I’ll reply back to you as soon as I can (I do have school and extracurriculars, but expect a response within 16 hours).

-All dead players will enter a dead player chat where they may discuss the game with me and other dead players. However, after they die I will only allow 3 posts in this thread. Failure to follow this rule will get you kicked out of the dead chat and possibly banned for future games

To try and prevent players from signing up and disappearing, I am requiring that any member who wishes to sign up has at least 50posts on the forums. I think this is a relatively fair number, and prevents players from ditching the game and disappearing.

This game isn’t like other forum games because players can’t join once the game started! How can you make mafia inclusive to everyone?
    Due to the nature of the game, I cannot bring on more actual players in the middle of game. It would cause way too many issues, and simply can’t be done. If you do not sign up during the sign-up period, you cannot be an actual player in the game. I know that this is different from many other games here on the forums, but the nature of Mafia makes it impossible to bring other people into the game without greatly unbalancing things. I really am sorry about this. However, you can become a back-up player (more on that below).

I need to drop out in the middle of a game. Can I do this?
    First of all, let me say that I understand life happens. You may join the game, but something suddenly comes up and you can’t play anymore. I completely understand this, and urge you to always put real life before some forum game.
    However, if you know that you’ll be busy within the next three weeks and will be inactive, DO NOT SIGN UP. Modkilling players really does ruin the game, and I want to avoid that if at all possible.
    I would also recommend that new players who have never played mafia before read up on some other mafia games so you can determine if this is the game for you. Below, I have linked the first two Hypixel mafia games, as well as some other games.

Previous games

https://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-1-game-over-town-wins.277784/
    https://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-ii-town-wins.291722/
    https://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-3-game-over.315672/
    https://hypixel.net/threads/blitz-mafia-hypixel-mafia-4-game-over-town-wins.328540/
    https://hypixel.net/threads/hypixel-mafia-v-game-over.347536/page-349

I feel like I am missing something which I probably am but if I do I'll let you know

Also to sign up say you would, whether or not you would like to be in a banter pm and anyone you want to be in it with

Player List
    1. pianoboy8
    2. XCVigilance
    3. PokeOnly
    4. Danger100ish
    5. JoramvanVugt
    6. The_Machine_5000
    7. mvemjsunp8
    8. DavidYugiFireMon
    9. ChrisX3
    10. TheLawnmower
    11. Dudebo99
    12. Shadow Hunter
    13. IamthePVP (PVE)
    14. SgtPride
    15. Sparkisn'tmafia
    16. Pacpro
    17. thaumstick
    18. Natias180
    19. Johnbdm
    20. Atoriax
    21. Dragonking87
    22. Dwlee99
    23. Ferrion
    24. SheepwhoHacks
    25. Njm00
    26. Bloodprince
    27. 55571
    28. Terrabyte
    29. Ravenmocker
    30. Aeronaeous
    31. Pilzkopf777
    32. Ryan_Rocks88
    33. TargetLegend
    34. PhantomCobalt
    35. Squadxzo
    36. ColCrew

Backups

Good Luck!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ok I'll take try two :3
    (town won last game right? I stopped paying attention after night 3 b/c other things irl/ig :p)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ;-;
    pls change it to [vote] ign [/vote] and [unvote] ign [/unvote] ;-;

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. oops forgot about that :p

9. yup we won :D

10. SIGN ME UP!

11. YES PLS

12. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    What the hell, yes! I can still be active with my mobile (just that I can't make huge walls of texts like always), sign me up, ladies and gentlemen, don't think you can get away with this round ;)
    Also, @TheDominator37 , please add links to previous mafia games
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Add me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I got the intro from Terry Pratchett's Equal Rites. :p

15. XCVIII

XCVIII Well-Known Member

XCVIII
    MVP+
    XCVIII 98
    Guild Master
    I wanna join so badly, but i go on holiday on the 25th do you think the game would be over by then?
    If yes, ill join for sure
    If no, i might still join but ill have to look into internet on my holiday

16. oooh me!

17. May or may not be
    Just give it a go

18. What is that
    It sounds familiar

19. bfa

bfa

bfa Well-Known Member

bfagone
    VIP+
    sign meh up

20. Okay, so when is it starting? I am busy after next Tuesday , and I would love to join, but if it doesn't end before Wednesday, I can't join.