1. I'd have to say the game has definitely gotten a little harder recently. Could just be my play style has gotten a little less conservative, but there are definitely some better players who I've noticed. I was finding it hard to go through any game (as attack) without dying several times.

It's nice an increase in skilled players since almost of them were already on the top kills list. The game still has some setbacks, like the invisible glitch still happens and people quitting is still a big issue. Overall it was nice to come back and enjoy the game a little more recently.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    I totally agree, I played around 6 games or so today and all of them had skilled players. It's great to see an increase in difficulty ;)

Also, leaderboard updated for the month of June. I've faded names of players that have been inactive for at least 3 months, so it's easier to see who's actually still into the game.

3. Nice! This is really cool and we'll out together owo

4. Amazing and helpful guide Julian. GW is definitely getting a alot more competitive as i've noticed and games are filling at all times of the day(probably because it's the summer but more people nonetheless). Also noticed that I fell a little back in the standings RIP :(

5. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    Thanks! Don't worry about the standings, Optane plays a TON of GW. He's probably the most active player on this list right now, so again don't worry about a single place :)

6. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    Updated to show July's results! Here's a list of interesting things that happened over the past month:
    • Disturbed maintains his 15 KD while approaching 100K kills.
    • Seanoy and MikeDaJedi both play their first couple of games in a long time.
    • TheGuyInALabCoat makes a huge rise in the placings, going from 16th to 12th (about 2500 kills).
    • I'm finally top 10 :D
    • Matthew_1001 and Optane continue their placing battle, with Matthew_1001 coming out on top after the month.
    • Matthew_1001 improves his KD, which is difficult to do since I'm rounding all KDs down to the nearest 1/2
    Thanks for following the thread everyone :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It would be neat to see Optane and Matthew make top 4. It'll probably be a long time, if ever, that someone else breaks the top 2 though. Honestly, it took well over a year of grinding out games to get that many kills. I don't want to say it was a waste of time because I had fun doing it, but that's a lot of time to dedicate to getting up there.

Now if Frankferter or Seanoy started playing more, that could suddenly spark a competition. Especially if Optane and Matthew had caught up by then.

8. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    Optane and Matthew will probably make top 4 eventually, but they need around 10k more kills. Next month though I wouldn't be surprised if they both passed Cahillguy and bumped him to 7th.

I think it would be sick if Frankferter or Seanoy played consistently. I think that Frankferter is playing about 1-2 games per month (you can check records), but I'm impressed Seanoy even played at all over the past month. He'd not played GW since I started this list, so maybe he's coming back ;)

I'm not sure how good Frankferter is, mostly because he has the lowest KD and highest SK out of the top 25. Still though he's played a lot in the past. On the subject, 12YearOld, zero, Adrian, and Cahillguy all have pretty insane stats (at least better than all active players excluding you). I bet they were pretty good :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  9. I'm actually surprised that players like Seanoy or Cahillguy haven't come back to play at all, with Seanoy only just doing that. Cahillguy was still playing a little bit when I first got into the game. Someone had posted a thread a while ago asking about Galaxy Wars stats, and he kind of humbled me with his 27k kills to my 7k. With how much more difficult it was to start games back then, I didn't think anyone would have that many kills.

Frankferter is actually second overall in Attacker kills though, so obviously that had some impact. Probably had a playstyle that was very similar to Elspeth's, and their stats aren't all that different. I've never played with them and I've never seen any videos with them playing, so I have no idea.

Also a fun little fact is that nearly all of the players in the top 25 have either mostly Defender kills, or a mix of Attack and Defender. Only exceptions to that are Nightlotus (86% Attack), BLACK__DRAGON (86% Attack), and inkapl (67% Attack), who have most of their stats from Attack.

10. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    Those stats are actually super interesting, I forgot that there was a site that showed which team you typically play. Is Elspeth not one of the people who usually plays attack?

11. Actually she's been playing a lot more defense lately. She's at about 48% for attack, so her stats are actually pretty even. That said, she still has the most attacker kills by a long shot. lol

https://plancke.io/hypixel/player/stats/elspethlowen#Arcade

12. Wadney

Wadney Well-Known Member

Wadney
    MVP+
    Enigmata ENIGMA
    Initiate
    Hype!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  13. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    Thanks!

Also, updated the thread to show results from the month of August. The biggest change is the unknown player who is now in 16th place. Although it seems unlikely, I'm fairly sure I checked last month and inkapl was still in 25th place. That means this player played a ton over the past month, getting over 4,000 kills in 4 weeks. Surely a player online that often will be noticed in game, so if anyone sees someone while playing Galaxy Wars who is playing quite a bit let me know here! I'll be keeping an eye out as well ;)

This leaderboard isn't found publicly anywhere else so that's why I can't just look up 16th place. Either way, I hope this leaderboard interests you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    The missing player was Leothegingercat! I found him because he was on my friend list from a previous Galaxy Wars game and I thought to check his stats :D
    He's also 15th place now (not 16th) because he passed 16th in the time it took me to find him :p

15. I never seem to come across them when I'm on, but I've noticed they've been on top of the monthly wins leaderboard for the past few months. To be honest pretty likely that they make the top 8 next month with all the games they've played.

I wish @Plancke would update the leaderboards on his site to include all of the Arcade games. The wins leaderboard on here is nice, but it's only the wins and it only includes players who have played since the update. To be honest @Sk1er would probably be more help though. He's the one who helped us fill in the gaps and find a few inactive players. I was really surprised with how helpful he was, but he was a great aid in all this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    I totally agree, the more detail the leaderboards are the better. Leo is almost always online playing GW, at least when I log on he seems to be in game. He's racking up the wins/kills at a super-fast rate :eek:

17. I played a few games with him today. He seems to have a similar playstyle to me, and he wasn't too bad. It looks like he plays a lot with his friends though, which is a definite plus for him since they seem to be good too.

Obviously he's won quite a bit on his own though because he has at least 200 wins on one of his friends for just this month. To be honest, I think he's gaining kills faster than I ever did. Pretty sure the most I ever got in a month was around 10k. Don't think I'll ever play that much again. It honestly just took way too much time away from other things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JulianElf

JulianElf Active Member

JulianElf
    I agree, playing that much takes so much time. However, all the power to him cause he just got 12K kills last month. That's absolutely insane, and coupled with the fact that his KD increased by a whole kill makes him super impressive. I really need to play a game with him again soon, I've seen him online quite a bit but haven't gotten in a lobby with him recently

He literally knocks down a third of the top 25 every month lol o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. He could easily go top 3 in a little over a month, maybe even sooner. Probably would be a good while to go top 1 or 2, though. Unless he steps up his game even more, in which case I'd start getting worried about his health. lol