?

Does jitter clicking cause Carpal Tunnel?

1. Yes, lol xd

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. what the hell is jitter clicking..

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. I felt the need to talk about this, I started getting into jitter clicking and it's a pretty cool experience. But people come and say 'facts' that don't have anything to back it up with.
    here is a video if you want to know more. Don't say it does till you've watched the video.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. It won't really cause carpel tunnel, but that doesn't mean it can't impact your arm whatsoever in bad ways.

3. It shouldn't impact your arm in a bad way. It does hurt but that's because it's building muscle. My friend has been jitter clicking for like 3 years nothing happened to him. I mean prob bec he has strong arms

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. It will though. Plenty of people have stated their arm has not been impacted in a good way after jitterclicking a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Idc lol plus there isn't really any proof. prob they just crying over their arm hurting

6. Well why are you making this thread trying to convince people jitterclicking has no ill side effects if you don't care?o_O

7. There is no proof that it causes any harm. It hurts a bit because you're exercising the part of your muscle that doesn't get used much

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Speaking from my experience, carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by playing video games in general.

But for the sake of this post, I guess you could say jitter clicking does happen by the arm (kinda depends how you jitter click)

9. It does in the long run though. Many have stated that.

If your arm does not currently hurt doing it, good for you, keep doing it, but don’t cry when your arm starts to act funny a few years down the road.

10. Yeah thats true. I use my arm and my wrist tho.

lol ok. many youtubers have been jitter clicking for a long time

plus you jitter in life even ways when you're scared when u put a fist. I can give more examples if you want.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
  11. I used to be in your shoes; trying to prove to myself that you cannot get carpal tunnel syndrome from jitter clicking. Up until the point where I can't sleep at night because of the pain.

Imo, if you're getting into jitter clicking, just don't.. you'll need your hands for the rest of your life, and I'm hella glad that I stopped before it got any worse

• Like Like x 4
  12. idk I might as well keep doing it. If it gets worst I might stop but idk.

lol I thought this was funny jitter clicking with ur toes

13. Well, that's your decision, I guess. Just don't do anything you would regret

To keep yourself safe from Carpal Tunnel syndrome follow these tips:

1. Keep your wrist in a neutral position as much as possible, especialy when doing tiring tasks like typing. ALSO! Do not rest your wrists when typing, it's bad
    2. (Cannot confirm this I haven't really done my research) I got a wrist brace at one point because it got pretty bad, and when I wore it, it would get worse, so don't use a wrist brace for carpal tunnel syndrome.
    3. Instead of a brace, use electric tape, wrist bands or rubber bands and put them around an inch above your wrist, going around your hand at the middle-thumb level. This is really relaxing and you should wear this overnight if it hurts
    This would really ease the pain
    4. Just stop playing! If you really can't get away from the computer, then watch videos. Long videos. Going out and exericisng also helps

I know it's hard to stop playing, and you don't really learn this lesson until it gets worse. I've been there and I understand you can't really stop people cuz the addiction is real... just follow those tips so you don't ruin your life

14. okay I will jitter but I will try to only use my arm

my wrist just kind of hurts. but i will try to use my arm instead bec people say its a lot safer if you really want to jitter.

15. AllyMcC

AllyMcC Well-Known Member

AllyMcC
    MVP+
    Puns PUNS
    If your wrist consistently hurts when you jitterclick that's a bad sign. >.>

• Like Like x 2
  16. A tene video is not going to help make your wrist feel better. I'd stop now if I were you and resort to normal clicking.

17. Dude I remember when I first learned that people were hurting their wrists from jittering. I always used my arm and I used to think that everyone else did as well, turns out I was very wrong lmao

ANYWAY, don't hurt yourself because of a block game kids

18. No it doesnt hurt only when I jitter a little

Do you still jitter? ik techno does

19. I barely even play anymore lmao

20. IcyClover

IcyClover Well-Known Member

IcyClover
    MVP+
    I remember one week from a few years ago. I was free from responsibilities, and addicted to warlords, so ofc I played it non-stop.

If you don't know, wls requires lots of clicking... and at one point, I took my hand off the mouse, and my wrist felt like fire. It took three weeks of rest to feel alright again.

Now, in case you didn't know this, the majority of the muscles for your wrist are actually in your arms. If you're hurting because of exercise, your arm would be hurting more than your wrist.

Clicking is clicking, even if there are safer ways to do it. Jitter clicking might not cause carpel tunnel, but I believe that there is a correlation.

You can deny it as much as you want, but if you're in pain, it's time to take a break.

• Agree Agree x 1