1. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert Well-Known Member

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Greetings All!

Today I shall be introducing a 'new' and exciting prospect coming to Hypixel in the coming weeks! As you may have gathered from the title of this post, We will be introducing an 'Official Hypixel News' team! Now you may be wondering who this 'we' is I mentioned back in the previous sentence...

Well I'm pleased to say that I shall not be working alone in this endeavor and I shall be working with none other than Mulgorath !

So I'm going to be listing a few 'questions' outlining what will be happening :)

What is Hypixel News?

Hypixel News is going to be your fortnightly (Planned fortnightly so far (this is explained further down in more detail)) opportunity to find out what's been happening in the world of the Hypixel Network! Our aim is to provide you with everything you need to know about the Hypixel Network as it happens! One of our main objectives is to provide you with updates from 3 select areas surrounding the Hypixel Network. These areas are:

- The Server Itself!
    - The Forum!
    - Hypixel Related YouTube Content!

What can I expect when watching a Hypixel News broadcast?

When we produce a video, It will be split up into the 3 sections mentioned above. I will just give a few examples of what could be in each section.

Server News:
    - A change in one of the leader boards
    - Game updates
    - A guild highlight

Forum News:
    - Developer News
    - Interesting forum posts
    - Interesting signature

YouTube:
    - Highlight a Video on the forum
    - Highlight a video that isn't on the forum

Every month we plan on getting a special guest in for a small 2 minute interview with some general quickfire questions! However one thing we would like to say now before we start is that these interviews will not just be held with the more popular members of the server like staff and the more experienced players. We feel like the newer members should also be given the chance as I'm sure it would be good to hear there perspective of the server!

Why does the title say Unofficial 'Official Hypixel News'?

I felt like I had to put this in the title so I could clearly state that as a team, we are not officially working with the Hypixel Network on this project. However, Hypixel is fully aware of this project and as are some mods and we will be working with certain members of staff so that they can ensure that the news we bring to you is fine to be aired in our broadcasts. If our broadcasts do well we hope that one day we can work with the Hypixel Network on this though!

Can I be part of the team?

To stop any potential spam to myself and Mulgorath, we ask that you do not ask to be part of the news team. We will however say, that if we expand and do need a new member, we will either host some form of application process or we will directly approach certain members and ask them to be part of the team. This also applies for the monthly interviews which is again to minimize spam.

But I've already seen Hypixel News videos on YouTube from different people!

So far, I have only noticed certain channels with only 1 Hypixel News videos on their channels. Most of these are rather old with the exception of 2 which popped up recently and I believe in some way, that this is my fault. I have been working on this for just over a month now, planning and getting everything ready before launch, and I accidentaly talked about it on the forum a few weeks ago which I believe has lead to these two new Hypixel News videos appearing on YouTube. These however are unlike ours in both presentation and content.

Why will you be posting every two weeks?

We will be posting every two weeks on our brand new YouTube channel for one simple reason. If the broadcast were any sooner, it would soon get boring due to the lack of news. Two weeks allows news to accumulate and allows us to pick the best bits! It also allows you guys plenty of time to send us anything you want us to look at!

Thanks for reading folks! Look out for an update video on the YouTube channel within the next few days explaining when we will start broadcasting!

• Like Like x 19
  2. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Just as a side note, any submissions for the broadcast can be sent in messages through the forum.

3. Skrimiche

Skrimiche Well-Known Member

This looks kool! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. DJRaghav

DJRaghav Well-Known Member

YourDad
    MVP+
    Cool! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeBreum

LeBreum Well-Known Member

I love the idea <3
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Penguin

Penguin Well-Known Member

Arachadonic is in charge of a kind of Hypixel newspaper, perhaps you two could collaborate to create an entire group that does both video and news?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Good suggestion! Ill talk with Mulgorath about it :)

8. Nice idea.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

oSeal
    MVP++
    Off the Scene 2 OTS
    Officer
    Yeah looks good, you'll have to put a lot of time into it for it to be great though! :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Guys apologies for the youtube channel being so bare. We are in the process of finding someone to design some channel art. If you know anyone that would do it frwe of charge it would be much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. LeBreum

I could make your some channel art. I just need to know what the text should say, and what you actually need!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    My initial thoughts were a faded background picture of a screenshot from somewhere on hypixel. Then in the centre a minecraft cube globe with the hypixel logo above the globe and the word news below it :)

13. LeBreum

Okay ;)
    I'll se what i can do!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+

15. This is a great idea. I know they have a 'Home' section where they post updates, but that's usually bug fixes, new mini-games, etc. This News team will be a great way to stay informed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Klag

Klag Well-Known Member

Klag
    MVP+
    Nice Swampert :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Thanks for your support everyone! Im waiting on mulgorath so we can do some test recordings :)

18. Epic_Swampert

Epic_Swampert
    MVP+
    Thanks to LeBreum for the channel art :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frost_Ring

Frost_Ring Well-Known Member

An unofficial "official"
    Wat ? That's official or unofficial xD
    But that's still a great idea :D

20. Shelk

Shelk Well-Known Member

Shelk
    MVP+
    DramaAlertNation
    OFFICER