1. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    Hello housing players and possibly others who sought to explore this section, I've made another thread compiling of suggestions as opposed to the one I've made about bugs. They will be organized in a fashion of "Big - medium - small" as an expression of how hard I think it'd be to implant, consequences accompanied (possibly) and the overall usage of them.

Big Ideas

1. Connecting someone's plot with your plot via a portal. As in, you can control the teleportation of a portal based on a {player name}. Say you have a nether portal (or a portal of different kinds if we were to change up the cosmetic structure of it E.G particle effects) once someone enters, they may end up in the other player's housing (if their social rules correspond). There would be a limit to how much portals you can mark as a teleportation field, how many are based on one specific player, or if you can use these portals to teleport you to your own housing but a different part of it.

Benefits: If people paired up housings in-order to emphasize the same idea, let's say for example you made a city. You'd be the eastern city, someone made a western one, you can pair it up to add more space in the limited boundaries you already have. You can also give your friends some credit for their builds by sending people off to their plots.

Flaws I can think of: Bugs, most definitely bugs. Lag isn't an exception either, a concept of teleportation following the housing sounds laggy. How to designate each portal as a specific teleportation point without mixing it up. Being used to troll aka sending a player to a disturbing housing by planting trap teleportations or setting plenty of portals so you'd be in a constant loop in the housing you are in E.G if someone were to place a portal below and above so you'd constantly fall. (There would be more issues I'd assume, this is why this falls under the "Big" category.)

2. Mystery dust transferring. The first sentence explains it all, transferring an amount of mystery dust with another. It's a basic concept but with a variety of issues. (#3 might be able to solve most of the issues if you continue to read)

Benefits: Helping friends in unlocking what they are missing. Wasting mystery dust on something else *cough* me who has too much-unneeded mystery dust. Make someone's day better with mystery dust, I know I can get a lot of housing owners happy with the transfer. It can be used as a type of currency too, it especially benefits in the realistic feeling for example "Buying tickets as admission pass".

Flaws I can think of: Being abused is the main issue. Someone can simply farm mystery dust (for whatever reason) by getting a bunch of people/alts to give them all of the mystery dust. (this issue can probably be solved through #3 again) Removes most of the difficulties in obtaining all of the blocks. (This is in the "big" section only because this idea is probably a topic of high debate)

3. Mystery dust conversion to a housing currency. Instead of paying through mystery dust, why not make the mystery dust a separate currency in housing? It compliments #2, it allows a system in which everyone can be invested through currency as I've said previously.

Benefits: Occupying housing with a fun money concept.

Flaws: Using this concept as a scam, basically real-life problems with currency. Making everything pay2play. (This is a huge issue which is why I'd say it is big, housing isn't a monopoly.)
    Medium

1. Housing bigger expansion. I already know this was debunked a lot but if possible, adding some bigger expansions to housing plots would be amazing. This does require theme reworks which is why it is in a medium category for that issue.

2. Particle placement. The name says it all, kind of like build battle particle features with the same limiter, gives creative possibilities. The only reason it is medium is because of how laggy it will be, some people don't know about /pq.

3. Adding barrier blocks. This is announced as a medium in my book for the possibilities of trolling and not sure how it'd function on the pages.

4. Customizable welcome messages, E.G /housing welcome &4Hello, welcome to my City! Medium for the possible issues I have in mind with it.

Small

1. /housing muteall mutes all players.

2. make a tab showing what items you're missing E.G
      [​IMG]

3. Option to remove a rank from everyone, as an example /housing removeallres which clears your entire res list, do this for co-owners as well and possibly make a /housing addallres.

4. Player sorting option say you wanted to sort through alphabetically or through their rankings.
      [​IMG]

5. Restricting the usages of some categories/blocks
      [​IMG]

6. More skulls. Adding more skulls like the build battle skulls.

This is all of the suggestions I have (for now) and for sure there are flaws with them but I hope some can be considered. My thread of reference I made a while back https://hypixel.net/threads/current-issues-housing.1944634/

Here are some ideas given by @sUpEr_dErP, since he didn't want to make his own thread I thought it'd be nice to make it a spoiler attachment to mine :)
    1. Maybe add some custom blocks? I saw a thread by codename that was asking if they should add blocks from 1.9 - 1.13.2. I don't think that would be a good idea since Hypixel is famous for its compatibility for all versions. I thnik they should still add some blocks, but maybe custom blocks that are compatible with all versions.

a. Some sort of fake block - maybe like fake sand or gravel or something. So it looks real, but you could actually go through it since it's not real.

b. End Portal frame block - basically it's the end portal, but it's this if this makes sense (can't really explain, just check the link and it will show you the block i mean) https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/End_Portal_(block)

c. Barrier blocks - I think you know what barrier blocks are. They are just invisible blocks that I think would be cool to add.

*might add some more ideas*

2. Build Battle things. So in Build Battle, there are;

a. Custom skulls - I think Custom Skulls like the ones in Build Battle should be added to housing. I also think you should be able to get player heads too :D

b. Armor Stands - Armor stands would be cool to have in housing as well. You could make like statues and other things with armor stands.

c. Mobs (spawn eggs) - Not the best idea imo, but I guess it could be a little something to add.

d. Custom Banners - Yeah cause banners are cool to use for flags and stuff.

3. More plot sizes/space - not sure if they already updated it so you could get a larger plot size or not, but if not, it should be added.

People who enlightened me include:
    @Lokrule and if I stated a suggestion already made from someone, I didn't mean to and this was mostly from the top of my head.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:22 AM
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. So my thoughts on bigger housing plots is that with the theme's they wont really work, but for some themes like air and that one box one with wood could be easily expandable. I've also seen in a thread that codename b is planning on adding barrier blocks or string, although that may be false.

3. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    That's why I explained "Theme reworks" and why it is on medium

4. Big ideas:
    1. I don't think this will be good
    2.No
    3.Wat????
    Medium:
    1. No becasue this will be laggy
    2.Maybe, but it should be 20max
    [email protected]_b already said that barriers will be added
    4.Nice idea
    Small:
    1.Already is
    2.Why?
    3.No
    4.Maybe
    5.I think they will add this
    6.Yes

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    I talked to many people and they said this would be a great way to connect each other's housing.
    Explain why.
    The explanation is in the suggestion.
    That's why I said the suggestion was debunked but it still doesn't change how lots of people want it.
    Yeah, said there should be a limiter
    I didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up.
    Yeah, just sounds difficult to implant so I placed it as medium.
    I tested and it isn't implanted.
    Saves time and doesn't force players to look through every page with the mistake of missing some on accident.
    Explanation as to why it is a no?
    I'd say it is a pretty good suggestion to save time against all the members on the list.
    Good to hear!
    Glad you agree.

6. Yeep

Im only on here cause you put it on our discord I rarely ever look smh xd

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    Because you guys know more about housing than I do :c

8. PSH Whatchu talkin about

(We totally do -w-)

Edit: But seriously Franny, just ask us :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. rowy

rowy Active Member

rowy
    MVP+
    I really don't think #4 is useful

10. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    #4 for medium? It isnt useful but it is a nice cosmetic and can possibly inform where to go e.g "Welcome, jump to start!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rowy

rowy Active Member

rowy
    MVP+
    Yeah but you can also put that on a sign, so i don't really think this is useful.

12. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    How many people really read the signs, to be honest

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think all the smaller ideas are great!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    Thanks, the smaller ideas are more... possible to be added, the big and medium are just fun little ideas I had in mind that are doubtfully accepted :)

15. Great thread! I agree with pretty much everything here, especially sharing mystery dust

• Like Like x 1
  16. some of my thoughts:

1. Maybe add some custom blocks? I saw a thread by codename that was asking if they should add blocks from 1.9 - 1.13.2. I don't think that would be a good idea since Hypixel is famous for its compatibility for all versions. I thnik they should still add some blocks, but maybe custom blocks that are compatible with all versions.

a. Some sort of fake block - maybe like fake sand or gravel or something. So it looks real, but you could actually go through it since it's not real.

b. End Portal frame block - basically it's the end portal, but it's this if this makes sense (can't really explain, just check the link and it will show you the block i mean) https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/End_Portal_(block)

c. Barrier blocks - I think you know what barrier blocks are. They are just invisible blocks that I think would be cool to add.

2. Build Battle things. So in Build Battle, there are;

a. Custom skulls - I think Custom Skulls like the ones in Build Battle should be added to housing. I also think you should be able to get player heads too :D

b. Armor Stands - Armor stands would be cool to have in housing as well. You could make like statues and other things with armor stands.

c. Mobs (spawn eggs) - Not the best idea imo, but I guess it could be a little something to add.

d. Custom Banners - Yeah cause banners are cool to use for flags and stuff.

3. More plot sizes/space - not sure if they already updated it so you could get a larger plot size or not, but if not, it should be added.

Would've made my own thread with these ideas, but I saw this thread and I hope @codename_B sees it since all ideas in this thread seem awesome

EDIT: Maybe add some of these ideas to your original post on this thread @Gloom ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello! I’ll make a deeper response into each point, with my opinion and feedback ^-^

Big ideas

1) I really like the concept behind this idea. The way I would see it, is the player has a portal of some sort, in which players joining the housing could interact with. When interacting with the particle or fluid of the portal, some sort of GUI would appear, in which the heads of the “connect housing” would appear, and they would just have to click the player head to join. A user could have between 3-5 “connected housing”. This would be very beneficial for promoting the housing of your friend, or even promoting the house of someone you’ve really enjoyed! (The “portal” would be an unlockable block and could only be placed once)

2. I don’t think this should be implemented. It could easily be abused and would break the point of opening mystery box yourself to unlock more housing features

3. This also shouldn’t be implemented. I feel like Mystery dust fits well for housing. Like you’ve said, housing isn’t a monopoly :)

Medium ideas

1. I completely agree! Though, I think being able to purchase an expension in height and not in length would be more beneficial. 51x51 is a pretty good length for building, but the height is too low. We should be able to have upgradable tiers, just like we have for length

2. This could be really cool if it was implemented! Players could have a setting when clicking their door / ghast year / nether star to set the particle on / off when entering someone housing. That way, some people could enjoy the effect of them, and others could decide they rather not have them visible.

3. I don’t think barrier block should be added. Although having them could be useful, they will mostly be used to troll and frustrate players. I’m not totally against it, but there would have to be restrictions

4. Having a custom welcome message would be fantastic! Let’s say you built a pirate roleplay, you could have a pirate theme welcome message, which would add even more realism into your housing. This could be a really cook feature

Small idea

1. I may be mistaken, but isn’t there a setting to turn chat off for guest / resident? If not, this could be a pretty useful command

2. Yes! Would be way easier to know what you’re missing, rather than scrolling around in each category

3. This is probably something that needs to be added. Imagine you had a free build for let’s say 2 weeks. You gave resident to a couple hundred people. Now, you want to change your housing into a Parkour, but you don’t want those couple hundred people resident. That command would be super useful, rather than removing people roles one by one

4. Small addition, but would be rather neat!

5. This would be a really cool way to control more what users are able to use. You’d feel more safe letting others build knowing they can only use certain categories of block

6. Agree 100%! Custom skulls would give the possibility to customize your housing even more!

Overall, pretty good suggestion thread! I’m looking forward to see if any of your suggestion will be considered, and maybe even added! ^-^

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gloom

Gloom Well-Known Member

Fukugen
    MVP++
    TheNewTitans TITAN
    Thanks for the indepth explanation! These are just fun things I've considered and I'm hoping a little bit will be implanted :)

I can add them as a spoiler so people don't have to scroll :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. my ideas:
    allow us to build out the border and save it, so like if we were to design a special plot with maybe a mystical theme outside the actual build. the cost for this? 1000mdust for nons? 750 for vip and vip+ 500 for mvp and + and ++
    also, allow you to sell plot themes, ex you made a custom pokemon theme you can sell it for mystery dust and people can view the theme to see if they can buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Addition of mystery dust transfering is bad bc then people can just farm low level rewards that you normally only get once by using alts, you could get a ton of mystery dust very quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1