?

What do you think of all the ideas below ?

1. Most of them are great !

40.0%
  2. 50/50

25.0%
  3. Useless or not convincing enough...

35.0%
  1. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    I've seen a lot of threads talking about how Spooky Festival was unbalanced as possible right now. I don't know if some people already made some proposals, so I'm putting this here.

And as I said on another thread, the best way to balance the Spooky Festival would be to make separated rankings depending on your current profile and guild... so real solo players could have a chance to get on top of a leaderboard.

So here are some ideas on how it could get friendlier without putting an entire category of players aside from it.

- Make separate rankings between Solo / Co-op / Guild

- In order to get the guild/co-op reward, each player will need to give a minimal contribution of points (calculated in percentage. Basically, people won't be able to get help without having a part of their guild/co-op members lose the reward). The contribution percentage may depend on the guild/co-op size.

- Using an overpowered method or being helped without being in a guild/party/co-op could be detected and we could give point penalties to players depending on how fast they kill mobs.

- Mobs spawn rate increased (yeah that's contradictory at first view) --> The point of doing this and giving penalties if you kill mobs too fast (from 5 to more than 10 mobs every (2) second(s) ) would be to discourage players from using a "speedy-runner like" method to killsteal all mobs from all other players or being helped by filling up an entire lobby (so anybody can participate).

- Candies would no longer be tradable in auction house and trades (Did the goal was to make money on event items (even if it is quite regular)? )
    They will stay in your Candy Bag. Maybe putting a Candy Bag item in the Skyblock Menu to see how much candies you have. All trades with the Fear Mongerer would no longer require to have candies in your Inventory.

- The Fear Mongerer will also have a sell price/other trades for candies. Having more items to buy/trade from him would be interesting too, but I don't have any idea for now.
    --> Trading a certain amount of green candies for purple ones and vice versa could be great.

- Reduce coins costs of some items from the Fear Mongerer.

- Each lobby would have an invisible score, based on the total of points acquired by all players in it. If you leave/change lobbies, your total contribution to the lobby you left won't be affected. We could make lobby events depending of the lobby score (boss fight, candy rain, ...).

- You won't be able to swap spam lobbies during the festival (for all lobbies where there is a natural monster spawn) : you'll need to wait a bit for leaving/changing lobbies if you join one of them.

- Fully agressive monster behaviour : For more challenge (mobs won't attack you if you're at the spawn point of the island though). Intimidation Artifact would have no effects on mobs but I don't think buffing mobs would be a good idea.

- Each mob gives 1 point (end of rng-based event) + Additional points from mob level (5% of their level, rounded up). 1 kill = 1 green candy and candies would no longer give score.
    This way, a lv.1 mob would give a total of 2 points [1+(1*0.05), rounded up], and a lv.50 mob would give a total of 4 points [1+(50*0.05), rounded up]. Don't forget the fast killing penalty !!!

I thought of most of these ideas by myself when i'm writing this. Maybe I'll get more ideas later!
    For now, I think these ideas could make the event funnier and more enjoyable for all, without having to spend too much money (or making profit on event items).

See ya !

• Like Like x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
  3. yhkim9710

yhkim9710 Member

_4ch
    MVP+
  4. Or just add a golden candy variant, put rng in the mix even more and boom, you'll get more chance of getting the horse solo in bat person and gives the opportunity to add more items to do the event for.

5. Dont agree, the spokky festive is all about killing the most mobs possible.
    If people who are doing well get points taken away it removes the fundamental idea.

6. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    I agree on this point, but there's currently no ways to check if a Solo player is abusing some methods (like filling a entire lobby with friends) without being in a party/guild and I'm aware some guys are grinding in Spider's Den because Runaan's Bow with Piercing is overpowered in there.
    That's mainly why we need this restriction (for a first test, this restriction could be high enough to not ruin a Spooky Festival, and then we could adjust it depending on methods used and scores set).

By the way, the Spooky Armor and Bat Person Armor sets would have a chance to give additional candies instead of giving more chance to get candies (since my idea is to remove the rng from candy drop). Bat Person Armor Set will keep its stats multiplier.

7. So let me get this straight.
    You want a solo leaderboard where if you have good items and get a lot of kills you will lose point for being too good.

8. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    It would be more like : "We want a system where people will get penalties by not playing fair in the category they play for."

I have nothing wrong about people being good and the restriction would be far above what a normal player, even a good one, could do.

An alternative solution would be to record at each mob spawn who killed the mobs in a zone, and how long did it take to him (but i would like to avoid this solution, because I obviously know it is way too radical).

9. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
  10. Ive never been serious about spooky and usually miss the events but sure sounds good so i agree

11. Sounds good to me...

12. KrollTheTroll

KrollTheTroll Active Member

KrollTheTroll
    MVP
    Nice, these are probably some of the best ways to fix spooky on the forums

13. Sounds like another system to make you lose events for no reason (like the anti afk system that made me gain less than half my points). Maybe with some fine tuning it could be good, but I'm not too sure about how well this would work

14. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    The game is still in Prototype, we should expect some tests and bugs to see if things are going well or not.
    It is still better trying something else than not trying to do anything (this is the purpose of Prototype, isn't it?).

15. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    Bump! (the next spooky festival is approaching, maybe time to get more ideas or proposals)

16. RinAisha

RinAisha Member

RinAisha
    VIP
    Bump!

the last spooky event happened at 4 a.m Western Europe
    I played Civilization VI for roughly 4hrs and ended my game at 1 a.m, it just mentally killed me... :')