1. Miss Melissa

Miss Melissa Well-Known Member

Snowing
    MVP
    I just don't get it, the energy gain is so slow at a distance and my bolts all seem to hit 300 each, my windfury never activates, my chain lightning defence buff never seems to help... I die in like 4 hits from warriors as well. Basically, I need advice on how to play this spec, I mean I know I'm only level 45 and my weapon isn't the greatest (13% lightning bolt)... is it just a spec that gets much better in the 80s with not much use at lower levels?

2. Veremos

Veremos Well-Known Member

uhm uhm uhm xD, all the classes almost have the same mana regen and mana gain from attacking

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  3. now I wouldn't take my advice to heart, but like you said I think that shaman is a class that gets better when your higher up. I'm an earthwarden but when I was lvl 60 I was doing good, but ever since the nerf shaman got just destroyed. It stands a chance, but its not a big chance as it has not the biggest amount of health. If you want some good advice i'd ask @Voidexe if you want to continue using it I mean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Guide below vvv

• Like Like x 2
  5. Actually we can see that just having 2 less energy per second makes a huge difference. It takes 5 seconds for 1 thunderbolt, while 3 for a firebolt. Multiply that over a 10 minute game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Shouyi

Shouyi Well-Known Member

Shouyi
    MVP+
    Steal My Acorns DESU
    No they don't. All the Warrior/Paladin spec + Ewarden all has 10EPS/10EPH.
    Pyro, Cryo, and Aqua has 10/7, 10/7, 10/5 EPS/EPHrespectively.
    Thunderlord is the only spec that has below 10EPS at 8. Although it seems like a little difference accompanied with Thunderlords new low HP and the fact that every bolt take forever, over a span of a game it can make quite an impact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Veremos

Veremos Well-Known Member

You do realize you can get energy back way fast by hitting someone too?

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Voidexe
    MVP++
    oops OOPS
    I've gave up on shaman, I don't use it anymore and fine zero fun in it
    I don't see it as a threat when playing other classes and I don't think a health buff will carry the class back to an equal level of the others
    I played Thunderlord the other day as an attempt to use the class more
    I was struggling even against low levels, I lost health so fast and had to run half the game

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Shouyi

Shouyi Well-Known Member

Shouyi
    MVP+
    Steal My Acorns DESU
    TIME TO PRAY FOR SHAMAN GOD!
    @Zincamania MAKE A GUIDE ALREADY FOR CHRIST SAKE! FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Miss Melissa

Miss Melissa Well-Known Member

Snowing
    MVP
    I played as pyro the other day in some "solo" ctf games, I was against several level 85-90 thunderlords that day in different games and they always killed me before I could get them below 2k health (then again I never get lucky with pyro critting anyway)... in another game I was flag running as crusader, a level 80 thunderlord was trying to return their flag and he hit me for several 1k lightning bolts in the tunnel. I feel like it's a spec that gets much better at 80-90 now, but I don't think I'll ever level it up past 70 (which is my goal after 90 mage is finished).

Only reason I went into fights against the thunderlords is because, like you said, I don't see shamans as a threat usually. Like when I play crusader, in one game I held the flag on the roof for up to 200% extra damage and a level 50 earthwarden literally couldn't return their flag, since he had used all of his energy in the first attacks but couldn't get enough energy or healing to stay alive vs consecrate + light infusion + inspiring presence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thunders are really fragile; they won't do well 1v1'ing...
    I'd really just recommend staying with a teammate...
    If you can get a guild mate, that'd be even better ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shaman has the lowest it's only got 8 EPS and the normal 10 EPH.

13. I would say, switch to earthwarden. jk

14. Thunderlord is basically unplayable until it gets a buff

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. 1. What do you mean your wind fury never activates?

2. You will be extremely fragile but usually on a full charge of energy you can jump in to fights with capacitor totem and deal a lot of damage.

3. keep in mind that every target your bolts hit lowers the cooldown on your chain lightning by 1.35 seconds ( I think ).

4. Your wind fury weapon can deal up to 400 damage regularly at my level with a 1/4 legend so it can be very useful at close range with players that just came out of attacking someone and are regaining energy.

5. Tlord being fragile is something you have to consider when jumping into an attack. You'll have to make sure to stay away from multiple people or you'll get crushed without extra players.

6. Most of the time you'll find yourself just doing damage and getting assists and thats normal as Tlord's damage is spread not focused.

7. The capacitator totem is one of the best things when there are lot's of player around you as if your on the brink of death using it will do heaps of damage up to 1.5k with some crits to all enemies around you while healing yourself a good amount of health.

I hope this helped out a bit and one more thing I can't stress enough, you shouldn't waste your bolts. Your bolts cost you 35 to use so unless you have to to pick off a kill don't waste them unless multiple enemies are nearby because when your bolts get good they can crit for 1k and go on and pierce through even more enemies.

16. Fontn

Fontn Well-Known Member

Fontn
    MVP+
    Happy Feet HAPPY
    GUILDMASTER
    use your aqua weapon, it will be much more effective than a 0/4 thunderlord weapon. (I do the same, I have a 0/4 thunderlord weapon but still use my berserker weapon, and it works a LOT better for me)

with the rest, well... I guess you kinda have to figure it out, the class can still work and deal lots of damage, but it is fragile. I suggest starting out in domination until you start doing well with it there, the other gamemodes are harder for thunderlord in its current state.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dom is in my opinion the best place for Tlord as there are a lot more players to do that spread damage to also it's more spread out in terms of the map so it's easier to get away if you're and need to regain health.

18. Why jk D: E warden is awesome!

19. Shaman is meant to be a crowd control class. Alone it can't do much, but against big groups it can be pretty good. In its current state you really need a teammate with you though, unless you know how to use it well. I believe they didn't want it to be strong in 1v1s? I could be wrong here..

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. And getting close ANYTHING as a thunderlord that isn't an aqua mancer or a level 0 clueless to windfury or an afk gets you killed.

I actually believe that they 8 energy per hit shouldn't have been implemented. They should've stuck with nerfing the damage. And the do slightly need to bump lightning bolt damage a bit, maybe even 5% might help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. It does get slightly better but not by much, seriously the nerf destroyed the class to the point of oblivion...just stop playing it and level up your paladin already...

What happened to "Shaman is now balanced, I love these changes, only a health buff is needed" xD