1. I hate 1.14's New Textures tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Play on CubeCraft then

3. Even if there's a plugin to make 1.9 and above combat system look like 1.8, it's not the same PvP Experience

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. lol

5. TheCJBrine

TheCJBrine Well-Known Member

TheCJBrine
    MVP+
    They wouldn't be very important if nobody had it. If they can't pvp at all without blockhitting, then they just need to practice because they're not very good.

It's literally the same minus how strength, weakness, and sharpness are calculated (Sharpness 1 weapons should all have the same damage as in 1.8 though) and blockhitting; there's healing from saturation, too, but you can damage people fast enough that it shouldn't be a problem, if Hypixel can't remove it anyway.

As for your comment on textures, 1.14 includes the previous textures in the resourcepack menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. private18b

private18b Active Member

Blockhitting is a pvp strategy, just like strafing is. Its just like saying "if you cannot pvp without strafing then git gud beacuse your not very good".
    And no, using plugin to have 1.8 combat in 1.14 is not the same, not the same packets, damage, regen, kb and hitreg. Alought i agree this is an good option to use plugins in the new version

7. private18b

private18b Active Member

Nah. Mojang didnt even thought about all the pvp stuff. W tapping, rod tricking, placing blocks in pvp, rods, mojang didnt make spam click work beacuse they thought its a good idea, they made it beacuse they didnt even though spam clicking can be a thing. They never thought rods can be a deadly pvp weapon, for example

8. 1.15 should have:

1.8: Fix the PvP to have 1.8 style PvP. no other BS mechanics that only 5% of people want
    1.12: Fix the loading screens so they dont take 10x as long in 1.13/1.14.
    1.15: New Build battle and housing blocks, here we come!

i would play 1.15 if it has these 3 things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Good to know im not the only person that hates 1.14 textures

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, I agree, they certainly didn't mean to make PVP the way it is in 1.8, however that's not the point. The point is that they DID make it good already and they KNOW what "good" looks like and it doesn't matter which way they came up with that. Same goes for "bad" counterpart.

11. private18b

private18b Active Member

Thats true. They know how good system looks like

12. Play a game of Duels with 1.8.9 and then with 1.9 or above and You'll see that it's not the same

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I generally dislike most things about 1.9+ especially those new textures introduced in 1.14, it just doesn't feel like minecraft anymore. Anyway thanks for the 1.8.9 support!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Awesome news but I'm confused if ur dropping 1.8 or 1.9- 1.13
    Thanks

15. TheCJBrine

TheCJBrine Well-Known Member

TheCJBrine
    MVP+
    Alright, I did have a misjudgement on blockhitting there it's not like I care whether people camp or use other strategies or not though to be fair, no one would be able to blockhit so it wouldn't matter much.

Everyone would be on the same level, feature-and-gameplay-wise.

I didn't think about there being more differences in the code itself, if it's not just problems with how the server is interacting with the version due to still being based on 1.8, but if there's more major differences then okay, I can understand as it may be annoying for some people; I did actually play some Mega Walls in 1.14 and it felt somewhat different than 1.8... To be honest, I'm not really against 1.8 but it does bug me that none of the new features can be used on the server, like new stuff in Build Battle or some of the new weapons they could use in some PvP games if they fit, so it's just kinda annoying that they can't get it to work good in 1.9+ so most people would be happy. Maybe the new combat stuff in a future update may make it better (I believe Jeb mentioned working on the combat again)...but if it doesn't, then oh well...

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  16. Raylent

Raylent New Member

Raylent
    MVP+
    Hopefully Mojang releases the combat fix so Hypixel can create new game modes!

17. Piskacek

Piskacek Active Member

jarabizna
  18. Is 1.14.1 now supported?

19. If you go from 1.8 - 1.8.9, skip 1.9 - 1.13.2, and have 1.14 that would be great.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1