1. XCVIII

XCVIII Well-Known Member

XCVIII
    MVP+
    XCVIII 98
    Guild Master
    Flavor Introduction (You should read this)
    The Myth of Exandria:

The ancient city of Vasselheim in Othanzia (region in Issylra) is seen as the oldest city in civilization. It is often rumored that all civilization started here. The earliest known temples to to gods are located here. The Myth of ‘The Founding’ is seen as the true record of the worlds origins.

The Founding

This world was one of tumultuous and chaotic forces, Through the ashen skies of Creation Primordial the gods came from beyong the ether, new and formless. They saw potential for great beauty, strength and the chance to learn their own place in creation. Thus they created the First Children, the elves. After that the dwarves were created and the humans after that. Many other races were created over the years following. The first races struggled to survive on a world overtaken my primordial elemental energies. They looked to their creators for guidance and protection. The gods gave them the gift of power, part of their own power, thus the first Divine Magics were born. This was a step in the right direction but the world was still fragile. the gods saw that it was in need of protection thus they created The Dragons Metallic. These protectors watched over the mortal races from above. The world expanded, new races were formed and as the culture grew people started looking at the gods more and more, but unbeknownst to the mortals and gods there were ancient beings that had already taken this world as their home, the Primordials. These great Elemental Titans did not take kindly to these mortals walking their world and rose from their unseen domains to sunder the land once more. Demonic entities spilled from the umbra of the Abyss to feast on the carnage that was left behind by the Elemental Titans. Some of the gods wanted to rebuild the world while others were so full of grief they felt like abandoning this world and starting another was the only option. Some of the gods gave into madness and joined the Primordials twisting their creations in the image of the Primordials. Celestial sentinels locked into war with the chaotic forces of the Abyss. This created the Hells under the fallen angel Asmodeus. The other gods had to take up arms and learn how to protect their creations from the wrath of the Primordials and other beings, they were referred to as the Prime Deities. They organized their followers and taught them how to draw from the very powers of creation, to build, to change and to destroy, all for themselves and without the aid of Divine Power. Creation learned to defend itself through practices such as alchemy or by autonomously bending the very fabrics of existence, though not the scale of the gods. This gift was the knowledge of the first Arcane Magics. With these new capabilities the good children drove away their traitorous kind. They banished the now called Betrayer Gods from the realm to prison like planes of existence just outside of this one. There was finally peace on the world for the first time since creation and the city of Vasselheim, The Cradle of Creation, The Dawn City, was created. Culture started developing again and the races set out to explore the world of Exandria.

The Age of Arcanum:

Over time some people grew arrogant, seeing their arcane gifts as proof the gods held no sway of their fate, some began to believe that, with enough understanding, they could become as powerful or maybe even more powerful as the gods themselves. As such faith started to die down in the world, this hurt and surprised the Prime Deities they understood the willfulness of their creation and endured out of love and hope for redemption. Great kingdoms sprang up, castles were built in a day because of the newfound power of arcanists. As mages practiced and perfected their powers of creation, they soon unlocked the secrets of life itself, giving birth to wonderous, dangerous new forms of life and power. The advent of the arcane seemed to be the key to a bountiful age of plenty, but also proved to threaten it, as prosperity soon gave way to greed. Petty squabbles erupted over resources and wealth among the elite, while the rumor of immortality through perfected arcanum began to drive the greatest mages wild with a lust of power unending. One mortal mage, her name either lost of struck from history, crafted now forbidden rites to challenge the God of Death, felling him and taking his place among the pantheon, making her the first and only mortal to ascend to godhood. One powerful archmage, Vespin Chloras was inspired by this display. Driven by hunger, he sought the guidance and power of the banished gods, rending open the gates of their prisons and releasing the betrayers into the mortal world. In their imprisonment, the gods of Hatred and Despair twisted their prison into their own image, spawning unthinkable horrors that lived only to transform peace into suffering, and righteousness into arrogance and greed. The Hells and the Abyss began to push their way into Creation. The Betrayer Gods and their hateful children, unbanished and allowed re-entry into the Creation that had exiled them, discovered the world unspoiled, save for the avarice of mortals. The urge to ruin was now replaced with the desire to dominate, and the Betrayer Gods turned their sights first to the Archmage Vespin who freed them, making him their first thrall. The Betrayer Gods created the new kingdom at the far end of the world, Ghor Dhanas. In this land of evil, where the twisted powers of the lower planes seeped into the world, the lords of darkness tained the minds of mortals, hungrily welcoming those who had forgotten their way home, and offering great promises and boons to hearts easily swayed. Most of these mortals were looking for the unending power of the arcane and their mind were easily swayed. With a legion of the damned behind them, the Betrayer Gods soon made their presence known to the world with an all out assault on Vasselheim itself. Though much of the city was reduced to rubble, Vasselheim weathered the initial assault, saved by the intervention of the Prime Deities, they ascended to trade blows with their former brethren. The Battle between divinity and mortalkind, heroes and demons raged ceaselessly for twenty days and nights until the dark forces, their surprise attack failed, were forced to retreat. Evil was repulsed momentarily, but with the revelation of such a terrible foe, a dangerous arcane arms race began. Trust was shattered indefinitely: if mortals could fall under the sway of the Betrayer Gods, who was an ally? if something like this could happen under the watchful eye of divinity, how were they relevant? Not trusting any but themselves, the self-interested and singular humans beat their instruments of celebration into instruments of incredibly power. Artifact that could be wielded by singular heroes. The dwarves’ fascination with rock and earth turned toward isolation as they burrowed further into the mountains, using their divine gifts to animate legions of autonomous golems to protect their ancestral halls. Elves used their understanding of creations beauty and intricacies to weave spells of unimaginable destructive force, the likes of which Exandria had never seen before. For the first time since the Primordials, the focus of magic was warfare. The Gods themselves agreed to join their children on the field of battle, descending from the heavens to take up arms once more for the war not referred to as ‘The Calamity’
    I've never played before. What do I do?
    There are some nice guides in the previous game's OP. Go read them.
    Rules
    Short and sweet:
    1.) PLAY NICE.
    2.) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES.
    3.) Days=48 hours, Nights=24 hours.
    4.) Voting: This has changed. Read thespoiler.
    For my convenience, players will be keeping track of their own votes for the duration of the day. Let's say that the votes are currently:
    Phineas - Ferb
    Vanessa - Phineas, Doofenshmirtz
    Doofenshmirtz - MajorMonogram
    But that Ferb wants to now vote for Vanessa. Here's how he does.

Is all he needs to add to his message. Players caught defrauding, manipulating, or editing the vote to something other than reality will be modkilled. There are no exceptions. This includes editing a quote of a vote count to something that is not an accurate reflection of the vote.
    5.) Contacting the Mod: If you want to contact me privately you can do so by responding to your role PM, DM me on discord or twitter (@IamXCVIII)
    6.) There will be no events in this game.
    7.) Flavors are not repeatable, but roles are. Even of the same alignment.
    8.) Have fun.
    9.) No, I don't take requests.
    10.) No messaging each other in non-gamemod approved ways.
    11.) No copypasting or screenshotting your role PM and putting it here.
    12.) Mass claiming is highly discouraged.
    How do I sign up?
    I don't really care how you do, just make it clear you're signing up. Please be prepared to actively participate.

-Game Stuff-

Original Playerlist
    1.) Azmine_king
    2.) Echks
    3.) Awknd > Replaced by I_Dislike_Dragonking
    4.) Inklings
    5.) Skrimiche
    6.) KaeporaGaebora
    7.) Angrybirdstar
    8.) Gikkle
    9.) Sheogorath
    10.) SupremeCourt
    11.) WhyForum
    12.) Dom
    13.) MelodicMedley
    14.) ShiningDiamonds
    15.) Mightochondria
    16.) LunarZeta
    17.) CjBeats
    18.) Dragonking87 (smh)
    19.) Rorschach
    20.) WuzHizFace
    21.) Dwlee99
    22.) Mobocracy
    23.) Tmi489
    24.) Peachy

Backups
    1.) Astanine
    2.) Spookycat27
    3.)
    4.) XCVigilance
    5.) Aidan

Living Players
    3.) I_Dislike_Dragonking87 (replaced Akwnd)

6.) KaeporaGaebora
    7.) Angrybirdstar

10.) SupremeCourt

13.) MelodicMedley
    14.) ShiningDiamonds
    15.) Mightochondria

17.) CjBeats
    18.) Dragonking87 (smh)

21.) Dwlee99

23.) Tmi489

Dead Players
    Gikkle was The lord of the Nine Hells, Asmodeus, God of Tyranny and Domination
    Azmine_king an Elven Worshiper
    Echks a Gnomish Worshiper
    WhyForum a Human Worshiper

Skrim was The Chained Oblivion, Tharizdun, Chaotic Evil God of Destruction, Death and Madness
    LunarZeta was The Wildmother, Melora
    Rorschach was The Matron of Ravens, The Raven Queen

Inklings was The Moonweaver, Sehanine
    WuzHizFace was The Dawnfather, Pelor
    Peachy was The Everlight, Sarenrae

Pi was The Cloaked Serpent, Zehir, Cultist
    Dom was The Scaled Tyrant, Tiamat, Cultist

Mobocracy was a Dwarven Worshiper

Post Links

---

And as a final note, once 20 players have signed up I will start the game within 24 hours. 24 players is the maximum amount of players allowed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wyatt

Wyatt Well-Known Member

_Pellucidity_
    MVP+
    Yey, more postfarming opportunities

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. /in

First!

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  4. Echks

Echks Well-Known Member

Echks
    MVP+
    Smite SMITE
    SLASH IN

5. /in

Now I’ll go read how this works

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Inklings

Inklings Well-Known Member

JinxedRose
    VIP
    /in

7. Skrimiche

Skrimiche Well-Known Member

/in

No pls

8. Conroy

Conroy Active Member

/in.

9. Wyatt

Wyatt Well-Known Member

_Pellucidity_
    MVP+
    I'm jk xD

10. Angrybirdstar

Angrybirdstar Well-Known Member

Angrybirdstar
    VIP
    /in

11. Gikkle

Gikkle Well-Known Member

Gikkle
    MVP
    /in

12. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Well-Known Member

You know I was talkin' to my friend Desdemona, the other day. She runs this space station and bake shop down near boomtown. She told me human beings are flawed individuals. That the cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little to early. And that's the reason we are as crazy as we are. And I believe it. Take for example when you go to the movies these days. You know, they try to sell you this jumbo drink. Eight extra ounces of watered down cherry coke. I don't want that much organization /in my life. I don't want people thinkin' for me. I want...my JUNIOR MINTS! WHERE DID JUNIOR MINTS GO IN THE MOVIE? I DON'T WANT A TWELVE POUND NESTLÉ'S CRUNCH FOR TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS! I WANT JUNIOR MINTS! WE NEED MORE FRUITCAKES IN THIS WORLD! AND LESS BAKERS! WE NEED PEOPLE THAT CARE! I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I DON'T WANNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. perish

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. SupremeCourt

SupremeCourt Well-Known Member

/in

15. /in

• Like Like x 2
  16. so

I guess I'll just lurk around and pretend I have some idea what I'm doing the whole time, and then ruin the whole game by not giving a damn.

perish, y'all

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. /in

18. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Well-Known Member

yes ily both

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Conroy

Conroy Active Member

B I N G O