1. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    Town of Salem was released in late 2014, while Mafia has been around since 1986. However, since it's based off of Mafia, Town of Salem is great for those that are new to the concept of this game. The roles that you see over there are the basic ones, and all of the others that you'll see here are easy to figure out when you know how those work.

Fotor_150042182790329.jpg
    The sun rises early in the morning to reveal a wasteland. The only shelter seems to be a group of dilapidated buildings that could fall apart at any time. From the ground, a handful of futuristic-looking cubes appear. Each being 10 feet by 10 feet, they provide just enough space for a bed and a table. It is clear that the people inside of them don't know where they are by the looks on their faces. What will they make of the strange new environment?

Welcome to the twenty-eighth game in a series of wildly popular Mafia games, hosted by yours truly on the fantastic Hypixel forums. All the information that you could possibly need to enjoy your time here can be found in the spoilers below. To avoid wasting too much of your time, I've written nothing more than the bare minimum. It is important that everybody who wishes to participate reads everything so that we can all get to the fun stuff as quickly as possible.

Mafia is a game of lies, trickery, and deception. Your goals may not all but the same, but you all must use things like logic and strategy if you wish to succeed.

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of three groups: the informed minority (Mafia), the uninformed majority (Town), and the independent (Neutral). The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia. The Neutrals work either by themselves or with a few others to fulfill their own win condition, which is separate from that of the Mafia and Town. At the beginning of the game, I will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while the members of the Town will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. I reveal their role, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, no one can talk in the thread. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, the Mafia have killed everyone else, or a Neutral killer is the last player alive.

Make sure you know ALL of these, because they will be enforced. Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. Breaking any of them will result in whatever punishment I deem necessary. If you find out about potential cheating, notify me immediately in your PM.

>Everybody must remember that, no matter how intense things might get, this is just a game. You must respect the other players. Attacking other players for game-related reasons is fine, but once things get personal, I will step in. If it has to come to me banning players, know that I have the full support of the other players in these scenarios. I hope it never has to come to this, but staff will certainly get involved if they have to. You might get mad or salty, but try to remember that nobody else wants to hear about it. They're just trying to have fun.

>All posts must be PG. Although it might slip your mind at times, we are using the Hypixel forums to run these games. We must respect their rules while doing so.

>Do not discuss the game outside of this thread and all of the PMs that are a part of it. Talking about game-related stuff in Skype chats, with IRL friends that are playing, or anywhere that I don't know about IS cheating and WILL get you modkilled or worse. Not only that, but you'll have to deal with the knowledge that you're ruining everybody else's fun.

>I understand that some people might wish to play with an alt for various reasons, but sadly it is required that you tell me what your main account is. I won't tell anybody else about it, but it's something that I have to know so that I can be sure that no cheating is happening.

>Since this has been an issue in the past, I must make sure that everybody is aware of the fact that secret codes are not allowed. If it's something that you make up in this thread or in a PM that I make, you're good to go. But if it's something that I can't understand, it isn't allowed. This is, again, because players can cheat using codes.

>"Gamethrowing" is something that you might see people talk about in this thread. Basically, gamethrowing is when you intentionally play to hurt the faction that you are assigned. This is, for obvious reasons, not allowed. If you aren't sure whether or not something would be considered gamethrowing, ask me about it first.

>During the 24 hour Night phase, you are not allowed to discuss the game outside of group PMs that permit it. Banter is fine as long as it isn't excessive. If I have a problem with the amount of posting that is happening, I'll give a warning. The title will be updated and players will be told when Night is about to start, so there are to be no excuses.

>Once you die, you are not allowed to post anything that has to do with the game. Banter is okay as long as you don't spam the thread. Remember, some people can't be on all the time and they need to be able to catch up. Make sure you always double-check what you're about to post, as you may be about to say something game-related without even realizing it. You will be tagged in the thread when you die and I will notify you in your PM. Again, no excuses.

>You may not quote or screenshot anything that I send you in your Role PM. I don't care if it's real or not, you will be modkilled. In some cases, verbatim may be allowed, but make sure you ask about it first.

>You may discover a loophole during the game that can be abused. Please let me know if you find one of these. I will let you know if it's allowed or not. If you to try to use it for yourself instead of telling me, you will be punished.

>Editing or deleting posts is not allowed. If you didn't mean to say something, you're stuck with it. Correcting a spelling error or something like that is fine as long as you explain the edit that was made. Also, try not to make a bunch of posts in a row. I'd like to keep the post count from getting too high.

>Role repeats are possible and flavor is not necessarily alignment or role indicative.

>All anti-town players will be able to request a flavor fakeclaim. This is simply because I'm against the idea of everybody saying their flavor names and then trying to figure out the repeats/which make the least sense.

>To vote for a player, use the format [VOTE] (PlayerName) [/VOTE]. Any votes not using this format will not be counted. I don't care if you abbreviate names as long as I can figure out who you're voting for. Unvoting isn't required.

>There may be players with commands that can be used in the thread during the Day phase. If you are submitting a command, tag me so that I can take confirm or deny its validity and process it.

>One of the bad things about last game was the ridiculous number of players requesting replacements. It got to the point where dead players had to replace in and it nearly ruined the game. So, if you know that you'll only be able to play for like a day or two, please don't sign up. This game typically requires anywhere from 45-60 minutes of your time every day. Dealing with inactivity last game was frustrating for the players, and probably even worse for Aidan. If you have read this and feel that you have at least this much time to play and read potentially dozens of pages every day, put a bold lowercase w in your sign-up post (like this: w).

>Roleclaiming rules don't seem to be necessary right now, and I'd like to keep it that way if possible. They will be added to the game if massclaiming becomes a problem.

>Role requests will not be a part of this game. The flavor is custom, so flavor requests are pointless.

>In the past, there have been times where newer players have been taken advantage of, as they lack the knowledge that experienced players might have. I have argued against this in the past and I will continue to do so. Any player who attempts to take advantage of anybody will be punished. I refuse to allow this sort of thing to be tolerated in our community. If it's something that the average player would have no trouble with, don't even mention it.

Simply comment "/in" and you'll be added to the list of players. You must read through all of the spoilers before you sign up. I will give your post a hype train once I have processed it. You can also ask to be added to the game as a backup with "/in backup" if you'd like to fill in for somebody who can no longer play during the game. Anybody who signs up when the game is full will automatically be added to the backup list.

The player list will start with 20 slots. If there are enough people that can play as backups, I will add more slots and the people at the top of the backups list will be added to the game. Let me know if you wish to be moved to the bottom of the backup list so that you won't have to play until later.

Here are a few guides and links that will help you on your journey to becoming a formidable Mafia player. I recommend at least looking through the information that can be found here. Trying to go in without knowing how the game works will leave you at a severe disadvantage. A majority of the topics discussed below will be brought up throughout the game. For experienced players, these are always here if you need a refresher.

A Great Guide

A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game

A List of Basic Mafia Roles

Improve How You Play

Thoughts From Pro Players

The Theory Behind Mafia

I am aware that a link for Mafia XXV is not in the list. This is because that game was postponed and had to be skipped. We may return to it in the future.

Mafia I
    Mafia II
    Mafia III
    Mafia IV
    Mafia V
    Mafia VI
    Mafia VII
    Mafia VIII
    Mafia IX
    Mafia X
    Mafia XI
    Mafia XII
    Mafia XIII
    Mafia XIV
    Mafia XV
    Mafia XVI
    Mafia XVII
    Mafia XVIII
    Mafia XIX
    Mafia XX
    Mafia XXI
    Mafia XXII
    Mafia XXIII
    Mafia XXIV
    Mafia XXVI
    Mafia XXVII

1. Quicksilver666
    2. Inel
    3. Dom
    4. azmine_king
    5. 4163rt
    6. BadPlayerBadName
    7. Mitochondria
    8. FloridaPing
    9. WhyForum
    10. bayleef0909
    11. ElloThere
    12. SupremeCourt
    13. Atoriax
    14. DragonKing87
    15. Conroy
    16. jmwjmw27
    17. Aidan1600904
    18. Serendipity
    19. AceOfGrace
    20. JinxedRose
    21. Ryast
    22. FluffoPuppo

6. BadPlayerBadName
    13. Atoriax
    20. JinxedRose
    21. Ryast

14. DragonKing87 (Town Thief, Prisoner 228) ~ Killed D1
    2. Inel (Town 2-Shot Desperado, Callum Dawson) ~ Committed Suicide D1
    4. azmine_king (Town 1-Shot Governor, Charles Lexington) ~ Killed N1
    3. Dom (Town Mentalist, Toby McKnight) ~ Killed D2
    22. FluffoPuppo (Mafia 2-Shot Gladiator, Stanley Hawkins) ~ Lynched D2
    1. Quicksilver666 (Town Armorsmith, Reece Horne) ~ Killed N2
    17. spookycat27 (Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades, Levi Dunlap) ~ Modkilled D3
    11. ERROR403 (Mafia Bus Driver, Theodore Stewart) ~ Killed D3
    10. bayleef0909 (Town Hider, Dalton Cruz) ~ Killed N3
    16. jmwjmw27 (Town Roleblocker, Zander Robinson) ~ Killed D4
    15. Conroy (Neutral Voodooist, Aaron Brooks) ~ Lynched D4
    7. Mitochondria (Town Jailkeeper, Greyson Rutledge) ~ Killed D5
    8. Inel (Mafia Role Cop, Logan Chaney) ~ Lynched D5
    12. SupremeCourt (Town 3-Shot Judge, Blake Vargas) ~ Killed N5
    18. Serendipity (Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor, Prisoner 1387) ~ Killed N5
    5. MadaMada (Town Undercover Cop, Anthony Carr) ~ Killed D6
    9. WhyForum (Mafia 3-Shot Trapper, Prisoner 4092) ~ Lynched D6
    19. DragonKing87 (Town 1-Shot Party Host, Craig Owens) ~ Killed D7

1. ShiningDiamonds9

Most Recent Vote Count

Once enough people have signed up, I will make a post letting everybody know when the game will start. If there are no major problems, it should be about a week from now.

10k post hype

As always, let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

In.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  3. Mightochondria

Mightochondria Well-Known Member

In,

4. Third
    /in

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  5. Mightochondria

Mightochondria Well-Known Member

you should put this at the top of the thread in bold

6. /In

7. 4163rt

4163rt New Member

WhoseBear
    In

8. 20170718_214452.png

Thats alota alerts i got here

/in

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I made a slight change to that rule to make sure that everybody has read and accepted it.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
  11. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to do that, but consider the requirement fulfilled.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MightNOTochondria

MightNOTochondria Well-Known Member

/in

edit: w, oops

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
  13. DragonKing87

DragonKing87 Well-Known Member

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    In case no one actually got it, today (and the very little of it left) was my birthday.

Unfortunately, I forgot to inform anyone, so no one wished me happy birthday. Well my parents did. Pretty sure the dear brother forgot. I'm so lonely.

Ha just kidding, I baked two cakes and have them all to myself. Parties are overrated.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    My birthday was last Thursday FeelsBadMan

15. /in
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. FloridaPing

FloridaPing Well-Known Member

Alexxxxxxxx
    VIP
    /in
    First page hype!
    w

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    Please read through all of the spoilers before signing up.

18. FloridaPing

Alexxxxxxxx
    VIP
    I did and edited it right when you quoted this lol

19. FloridaPing

Alexxxxxxxx
    VIP
    Yay hype train!! I'm in!

20. FloridaPing