1. The game has started here: https://hypixel.net/threads/hypixel-mafia-xii-yu-gi-oh-pre-game-phase.456275/
    If you wish to be a back-up, tag me in either thread and say so or you can PM me.

HELLLOOOOOOOO LADIES AND GERMS. INTRODUCING TO YOU NOW IS GAME 12 OF MAFIA HOSTED BY THE ONE MOD WHO ISN'T TOO LAZY TO TYPE UP HIS OWN INTRO POST.*
    *Besides Aero

Before you sign-up I'd like you to read that spoiler down there that says "Da Rules". Even if you have played since Game I, I have changed some rules and will, unlike some mods, actually be enforcing them this game. If you break a rule there are NO EXCUSES. You will be mod-killed and die. It is garunteed.
    To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules in place. It's important that everyone understands and reads through these, because they will be enforced.
    -The first rule is that there are no rules
    -The second rule is that the first rule is not a real rule
    -The third rule says that you must follow all rules. Seriously, don't do something I'd do.

-Everyone will remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates or get called a liar, but the moment that someone starts making personal attacks on a person, I will step in. Mafia is just a game, so don't say things that will start a fight. Any excessive name-calling or swearing will result in a mod-kill and, if severe enough, a ban from the next game.

-No one is to discuss this game outside of this thread, or any PMs that I send you. Talking about the game with any IRL friends you might have playing, or on Skype, or on Hypixel, or through a PM that you make is considered cheating, and will get you modkilled very quickly. Don't cheat; it annoys everyone else and can ruin the game. This includes seances from the dead. Those who have died should shut up and pretend they never played.

-Don't use any secret codes that you might have come up with outside of this thread. This goes hand in hand with the "cheating" rule mentioned above; secret codes that weren't made in this thread (or in a PM that I created) are against the rules. If you are mafia and you make up a code in your Mafia PM, you can use it for the remainder of that game only.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-You may not post at all in this thread during the night phase. Night begins when the End of Day post has been made. Posting after night officially begins will give you first a warning, and then a modkill if it continues. This includes banter.

-Once you are dead, you may not post at all until the game ends. If you post after you are dead, you'll receive first a warning and then a ban from the next game. I'll keep an accurate list of living and dead players, as well as sending you a PM when you die, so there's no excuses. This includes banter.

-Unlike pervious games, you are allowed to copy and paste Role PMs or quote them. However, you may NOT use any form of picture. DISCLAIMER: I will type the PMs using different manners of speaking so that you can't tell just by the phrasing.

-You may not edit your posts, but this also doesn't give you the liberty to post 4+ times in a row. Try and get all of your thoughts into one post to keep the post count of these threads down. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

-A bit of banter is always fun, but please try and keep your posts on topic and related to the game. This isn't an opportunity for you to post farm

-Role repeats are possible.
    -Role Flavors do follow a pattern and can be alignment determined.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. To unvote a player, use [UNVOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE].

-Some roles will be given specific commands to input into the day chat. Please do not put fake commands into the chat; only input them if your roles uses them.

-Try your best not to go inactive. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me to let me know if you'll be gone for a long period of time. You don't have to read the entire thread, but I'll be keeping a "Mafia TLDR" in this post that will contain any useful information regarding the game. If you come back and find you've missed 15 pages, just read that to catch up. Failure to post during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill.

-Role Claiming rules are as follow:
    Day 1: 3 people may role claim, first come first serve. The first two may do so whenever but after that the only way you can role claim is if you are in 1st or 2nd place in votes.
    Day 2: Same as Day 1
    Day 3: Same as Day 1
    Day 4: Anyone can RC.
    Not following this rule will result in a VERY BAD modifier. And I do mean VERY BAD. Like VERY VERY VERY BAD. Maybe even VERY VERY VERY VERY WAY BIG BAD.
    This game of Mafia is, indeed, Yu-Gi-Oh themed. Flavors follow a certain pattern and I've changed a few role mechanics to follow certain mechanics used in Yu-Gi-Oh. If you aren't accustomed to the ever-so popular trading card game, don't worry: I didn't change enough to completely make the game unplayable. If you have played Mafia before then you can play this game. The only real mechanic I changed was how certain roles work. There will be 35 (Sadly, not enough for a full deck list) players this game unless something happens, so expect a lot of madness. At the end of each Night and Day phase, I will make a post that signifies the ending of that phase. In these, I will provide spoilers of who is no longer living and who isn't dead yet.

If you are a new player, please expect a CRAP TON OF READING. This thread alone will probably reach somewhere from 150-200 pages. So, if you don't feel like you can keep up, please do not sign-up at the start. Inactivity kills the game and you.
    Below here are the current players who have signed up.
    Here is this stuff for more basis on how Mafia works:
    DISCLAIMER: This is actually not official by Konami.
    WARNING: All the stuff in this spoiler is copy pasted
    Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. It is a game where

You'll lie to friends, and perhaps team up with your enemies. Anything can happen in a game of mafia.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and often has the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and team. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched (using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]). The Day will end when a player has reached the specified number of votes (often a little less than half the players still alive), and the player with the most votes is lynched. When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, or role blocking another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined. I will then hand out some fun awards, and the game will come to an end.
    Without further a due...
    IT'S TIME TO DUEL!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  2. First! I'm in!

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. /in

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. DISCLAIMER: Exactly 17 different references to movies, books, and TV shows in here. Find them all and you get a good modifier.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Skullmaster4

Skullmaster4 Well-Known Member

Im in.
    *I can explain if you ignored that whole thing with us last game.*
    Also there is a chance i might have a friend join this game, not certain though, but he will be signing up on the forums for the first time to play mafia. So im not sure if thats fine or not.
    *I know that its hard to trust people who know eachother, but if i can do good with keeping stuff from my brother, i should be fine with a friend.*

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Is flavor allignment indicative?

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. RandyCreeperBoy

RandyCreeperBoy Active Member

Can I join? I have mafia experience.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Is Dark Bribe a trap card?

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. RandyCreeperBoy

Is the godfather alucard?

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Spoilers.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. RandyCreeperBoy

Wait did I actually get that spot on?

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Tmi489

Tmi489 Well-Known Member

/in /uin

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    i am here now sign me up pls

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    Fairly Odd Parents
    Been used so many times I don't even know what's the original
    IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D--DDD-D-D--D-D---D-D-D-D-D-D-DD--D-DUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. /in SE

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. RandyCreeperBoy

Did I get all 17?

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Joined! >:3

Inb4 mafia = Exodia

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1