1. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    No, Mafia is not a copy of Town of Salem. The game of Mafia originated as a party game in the 1980's, and quickly gained fame across the Internet. ToS, though it is one of the more well-known versions, is simply the latest iteration of this game.

First off, this is my 1000th post. Since I got at least 90% of all my posts from Mafia, I figured it would be fitting to have my 1000th post be my own Mafia game. I’d like to thank a few people for the awesomeness that has been Mafia so far.

Our Great Honourable Senpai @Aero_-sama for introducing this game to the Hypixel Forums.

@dudebo99 for hosting my first game of Mafia.

@ItzzGaming for keeping my like/post ratio from going horrible along the way.

And this whole community for being generally awesome people! :D

Now then, without any further ado:

Welcome to Hypixel Mafia XI!

It had been many years since the Great Mafia Incident had struck Mafia Music World (@Dom, real original world name right there :p). Many lives had been lost, and the Godfather’s speech before his death is still well-known to this day. It took a while, but the town managed to recover from the Incident slowly but surely. Many years passed, and the town was essentially back to normal, although having moved on to video game music instead. (Isn’t technology great?)

But let’s face it. This is a Mafia game, and it wouldn’t be a Mafia game if everything went right.

(That’s all the flavor you’re getting for now. More will come at the start of the game. :D)

Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. It is a game where

you'll lie to friends, and perhaps team up with your enemies. Anything can happen in a game of mafia.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and often has the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and team. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched (using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]). The Day will end when a player has reached the specified number of votes (often a little less than half the players still alive), and the player with the most votes is lynched. When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, or role blocking another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined. I will then hand out some fun awards, and the game will come to an end.

To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules in place. It's important that everyone understands and reads through these, because they will be enforced.

-Everyone will remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates or get called a liar, but the moment that someone starts making personal attacks on a person, I will step in. Mafia is just a game, so don't say things that will start a fight.

-No one is to discuss this game outside of this thread, or any PMs that I send you. Talking about the game with any IRL friends you might have playing, or on Skype, or on Hypixel, or through a PM that you make is considered cheating, and will get you modkilled very quickly. Don't cheat; it annoys everyone else and can ruin the game.

-Don't use any secret codes that you might have come up with outside of this thread. This goes hand in hand with the "cheating" rule mentioned above; secret codes that weren't made in this thread (or in a PM that I created) are against the rules.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-You may not post at all in this thread during the night phase. You will know that it's night by the title of the thread. I will give a 15 minute warning before night starts (try not to post after this warning), but posting after night officially begins will give you first a warning, and then a modkill if it continues.

-Once you are dead, you may not post at all until the game ends. If you post after you are dead, you'll receive first a warning and then a ban from the next game. I'll keep an accurate list of living and dead players, as well as sending you a PM when you die, so there's no excuses.

-You may not quote, take a screenshot, or type out any PMs that I send you. It doesn't matter if it's real or fake, doing this will get you an instant modkill.

-You may not edit your posts, but this also doesn't give you the liberty to post 4+ times in a row. Try and get all of your thoughts into one post to keep the post count of these threads down. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

-A bit of banter is always fun, but please try and keep your posts on topic and related to the game. This isn't an opportunity for you to post farm

-Role repeats are possible, but not within a single faction. For example, there can be 2 doctors, but they can’t be both town or both mafia.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. To unvote a player, use [UNVOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE].

-Some roles will be given specific commands to input into the day chat. Please do not put fake commands into the chat; only input them if your roles uses them.

-Try your best not to go inactive. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me to let me know if you'll be gone for a long period of time. You don't have to read the entire thread, but I'll be keeping a "Mafia TLDR" in this post that will contain any useful information regarding the game. If you come back and find you've missed 15 pages, just read that to catch up. Failure to post during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill.

-If you role claim (announcing your role in this thread) early in the game, whether it's real or fake, there will be consequences! A role claim before Day 4 will give you a nasty modifier to your role!

If you requested a role, you will be added automagically
    3- Dinodinodude
    4- Aidan1600904

20- Lukeandmatthew

23- Nz_Slimeables

26- Bryan Tran

- JoramvanVugt - Neutral Lyncher Lynched D1
    - Danger100ish - Town Lover Odd Hider Daykilled D1
    - ChrisX3 - Town Lover 2-Shot Questioner Lover death D1
    - Dom - Town Desperado Killed N1
    - Piano - Town Neighborizer Killed N1
    - 10000 Jelly Doughnuts - Mafia Roleblocker Modkilled D2

- KTthecreeper - Mafia Role Cop Lynched D2
    - Ravenmocker - Cult 2-shot Vigilante Daykilled D2
    - Totallynotlukeandmatthew - Town Doctor Killed N2
    - Dragonking87 - Town Sword Lynched D3
    - XCVigilance - Town Dreaming God Sword death D3
    - Terrabyte - Neutral Jester Killed N3

- Spark (Mafia Alt) - Town Watcher Killed N3
    - Dark Lord Jigglypuff - Neutral Nerd Modkilled D4

- Dwlee99 - Cult Leader Lynched D4
    - Zecromancer - Cult Deflector Cult Death D4
    - Taboo - Mafia 2-shot Gladiator Killed N4
    - Tmi489 - Neutral Serial Killer Lynched D5
    - XCVigilance (again) - Town Pwincess Killed N5
    - Blitz83 - Town Babysitter Modkilled on request N5
    - Dudebo99 - Mafia 2-shot Assassin Lynched D6

- Ani10 - Town Seraph Knight Modkilled N6
    - PhantomCobalt - Town Cop Lynched D7
    - ItzzGaming/SgtPride - Mafia Godfather Lynched D8

Once I hit 30 players or so, if you sign up, you will be added as a backup, and will join the game if someone else has to drop out.
    - Ani10

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide

A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or complaints, but try and reserve this thread for signups and the game itself. Good luck, everyone!

Good luck, and have teh funs.

PS: Mafia veterans, be sure to send me a PM if there is a role you would particularly like.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. OMG FIRST MUM GET THE CAMRA

Edit: second

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. i thought you weren't gonna copy and paste i cri

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Atoriax

Atoriax
    VIP+
    I suck at spoilers ;-;

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. In!

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kurt_Kazuto

Kurt_Kazuto Well-Known Member

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    In

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

In

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. I don't even have enough time to join the Mafia games hosted on Hypixel because everyone on Hypixel is always too active ;___;

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. i cri everytime

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. XCVIII

XCVIII Well-Known Member

XCVIII
    MVP+
    XCVIII 98
    Guild Master
    Im in

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    5- Ravenmocker
    6- Thaumstick
    7- ChrisX3
    8- Dwlee99
    9- Dom
    10- Yahooboo
    11- Tmi489
    12- ItzzGaming
    13- Dragonking87

These are all confirmed to have requested roles/flavors. If they say otherwise lynch.

Pre-game tryharding FTW :cool:

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Atoriax

Atoriax
    VIP+
    Bruh

• Hype Train Hype Train x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. bruh i signed up then role requested #rext

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    That's what you want us to think.

:cool::cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. let the pre game banter begin *has homework*

i cri everytime

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. na man i requested what ever role he was going to give dudebo

*nah jk*

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    Same ;-;

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    So you would be requesting SK then :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. i'm gonna do homework and banter at the same time #nextlevelstrats

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Atoriax

Atoriax
    VIP+
    To everyone who requested a role, don't worry if I didn't reply. I've noted every single one of them.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1