1. Kurt_Kazuto

Kurt_Kazuto Well-Known Member

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    Do NOT /in! Read the rules, especially returning players!

Okay so mafia might look like Town of Salem, but just to be clear, Mafia was invented in the 80s, Town Of Salem was invented after Mafia, and is based on the game. Not the other way around. Go look at Wikipedia if you don't believe me. Thankye!

Mafia is a game of lies, trickery, and deception. Your goals may not all but the same, but you all must use things like logic and strategy if you wish to succeed.

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of three groups: the informed minority (Mafia), the uninformed majority (Town), and the independent (Neutral). The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia. The Neutrals work either by themselves or with a few others to fulfill their own win condition, which is separate from that of the Mafia and Town. At the beginning of the game, I will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while the members of the Town will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is the Shift. During Shifts, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. I reveal their role, and it becomes Break.

During the Break, no one can talk in the thread. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Shift begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Break, the murder is carried out and another Shift begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.

The game alternates between Shift and Break until either the Mafia are eliminated, the Mafia have killed everyone else, or a Neutral killer is the last player alive.

JUNE 7, 2015

"um

sorry guys, I meant to end night now but I'm out at a restaurant

will update to day 2 asap"

These were the last words spoken by @Ausar before his cellphone ran out of battery. He had been hosting a mafia game, and was supposed to end the night cycle a while ago. He thought it wouldn't be that long, it can only be so long to prepare dinner for the owner's family.

The restaurant he went to was no normal one. It was more of a fancy food court; some of the best and most popular restaurants around the world establish inside the building, kept secret from the public. Only the most influential people in the world have the privilege of dining here, and only the best chefs the privilege of working here.

Unbeknownst to the guests, chaos was happening in the kitchen! Cooks from multiple fast food chains have arrived, followed by a shady figure. When the chefs took to their combat training and went to attack, the shady figure tossed an orange bomb into the center of the crowd. The figure fled from sight as soon as the bomb was in place.

BLAM! The bomb exploded, covering everyone in the room with an orange powder, and sent them flying. When everyone came to their senses, they were baffled to see they turned into delicious dishes of food! Or, at least they looked like food. In any case, they were unable to identify eachother to find the traitors.

Now, it's up to the chefs to protect the restaurant from this formidable threat. Will the chefs be able to find these frycooks and save the restaurant, or will the frycooks be able to destroy it from the heart? Could it be neither? Well, I wouldn't want to spoil it. This will be something you'll find out soon enough.

IMG_0752.JPG

Welcome to Hypixel Mafia Game 30: Restaurant Mafia!

It is imperative that you proceed and read through the next three spoilers before you sign up. Thank you.

I have taken the time to abbreviate these for ease of reading. If you are unsure of how they work, ask. But they should be pretty cut and dried on how they work.

1.) The Hypixel Forum rules all apply here. If you don't know what they are, go look them up. And in general, do your best to keep it PG.

2.) Remain calm and respectful. Things can get heated, but please don't go personal, and keep it calm. If you need a breather, take it.

3.) Don't discuss the game outside of this thread or a sanctioned PM created by me. Don't use codes created outside of the game.

4.) Do not gamethrow. This can be somewhat loosely defined as playing against your win condition. (There are weird exceptions to this, and it is usually really obvious when they exist. But ask.) And don't gamethrow.

5.) Do not copy paste, screenshot, or otherwise copy verbatim from your PM with me or your factional partners.

6.) Do not discuss the game during the break cycles in the thread. Or in non-mod sanctioned PMs. Doing so could result in your death.

7.) If you find a loophole somewhere, do not abuse it. Consult the mod first, because occasionally this may be okay. But in general don't abuse it.

8.) DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE POSTS YOU MAKE IN THIS GAME. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THEY ARE ALL THERE. That said, this is game 30, and some of you may feel it necessary to push some of the limits here. Please, please try to avoid triggering mods to make them delete the post or edit it, because that can cause problems down the road. I reserve the right to deal out harsh punitive actions if you fail to follow this.

9.) So I expect you to at least participate. If you're posting just fluff and aren't really playing the game and are just bantering, I reserve the right to remove you from the game. Because I'm an insane mod, and I do read every post. Twice.

10.) On the subject of inactivity, I'm okay if there are extenuating circumstances which prevent you from playing for a cycle, provided you tell me in advance. Provisions can be made for this. But you must provide a legitimate excuse. This game can generate posts really quickly during the first several cycles. You should be prepared for that, because it is a lot. Generally, you can get away with maybe an hour of skimming and posting in a day, sometimes less. To ensure you have read these rules thoroughly, mention hot dogs in your sign up message.

11.) This generally hasn't been a huge problem in the past, but try and avoid going crazy with those acronyms. Thanks.

12.) Flavor is not alignment indicative. However, any player may request a fake flavor. Some may already have one in their PM. Fake role PMs will in general not be provided, however the mod has the discretion of changing this, should the balance of the game indicate its necessity.

13.) Flavor can be role indicative, but I have a very convoluted mind. Don't always expect it to make total sense.

14.) As mod, I reserve the right to step in and take action if I feel that a player is not following the Spirit of the Game.

1.) You will be given an alternate account controlled by me at the start of the game. Use this account, and only this account to play.

2.) Do not reveal your main account.

3.) Do not try to figure out each other's main accounts. I cannot stop you from guessing, but do not actively pursue figuring it out.

4.) I will only answer questions pretaining to specific roles if I confirm their existence to you. If I confirm a role, ask away.

Simply send me a PM saying that you would like to join. You must have at least 100 posts on your main account to join. Feel free to request an alignment and/or role type. Nothing too specific please, and no promises.

That does it for the important stuff. Go ahead and take a snack break. Or if you want to marinate yourself in knowledge, look ahead for some material to help slice and dice your opponents.

Cycles will last a total of 3 days, and 2-4 hours, potentially less. There will be 48 hour shifts, with 1-2 hour cleanups, where game discussion will be allowed. Then there will be 24 hour breaks, with 1-2 hour report times, where game discussion is not allowed.

Town of Salem, the aforementioned browser game based off of mafia, is definitely the best and most fun way for new players to learn the basics of the game.

This is a very informative guide that talks about basic strategy for new players.

The copy/pasted links are broken luls

I'll fix when I get the chance

This One Right Here, Silly.

@PanCayke The Survivor Possessor

@CeaserSalad The Town Roleblocker

@ShepardsPie The Mafia Lifestealer

@RavioliRavioli The Mafia 2-Shot Janitor

@Omelette The Mafia Loyal Jailkeeper

@MacNcheese The Town 2-Shot Baker

@ShishKebab The Town Neighborhood Even Role Cop

@FranceFries The Town Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

@BBRibs The Town Non-Consecutive Comparative Cop

@FishChips The Town 4-Shot Athelete

Good luck to all, and may you reap the fruit of success!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Awknd

Awknd Well-Known Member

Awknd
    VIP
    images (22).jpg

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. Meme

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jmwjmw27

jmwjmw27 Well-Known Member

jmwjmw27
    MVP+
  6. Angrybirdstar

Angrybirdstar Well-Known Member

Angrybirdstar
    VIP
    I hope there are some mildly warmed doggos.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Awknd

Awknd Well-Known Member

Awknd
    VIP
    Guys there is a ripped pingouin sending me PMs halp

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    You mean a swole pingouin

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Awknd

Awknd Well-Known Member

Awknd
    VIP
    AAAAAAAA ITS HIM HALP3829394929

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mitochondria

Mitochondria Member

/in

This is already my favorite game

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  11. FluffoPuppo

FluffoPuppo Well-Known Member

/in

First

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  12. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Well-Known Member

13. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    This flavor is way better than Dragon's

Thank god you didn't give a specific post requirement in the rules. People like Seren just get the minimum posts and then stop every game. Honestly we have grounds to turn people like that away after multiple games of it.

What will be the difference between the alt account names and the flavors?

Also dino please do not make anybody have a hot dog account because I wouldn't even be surprised if the account got deleted

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe Well-Known Member

upload_2017-9-16_22-57-0.png

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    Account names will be food (And non-indicative of anything). Flavor will be restaurants for town, fast food for mafia, and something unique for neutrals.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 4
  16. MacDonalds

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Full day at band competition 10 am - 11 pm
    Rained out right before we preform in the last hour
    i should have joined theater

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  18. Rip

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kurt_Kazuto

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    Lmao

Actually I shouldn't be laughing at your pain that could be me in the future

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Awknd

Awknd Well-Known Member

Awknd
    VIP
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1